Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth hurts

Is it true a few teams are pulling out of the u19 league which starts this weekend? A Town man told me this morning that Ballyholland harps are not fielding this weekend?

Taylor

Quote from: Truth hurts on February 24, 2022, 10:52:57 AM
Is it true a few teams are pulling out of the u19 league which starts this weekend? A Town man told me this morning that Ballyholland harps are not fielding this weekend?

The under 19's is up for debate at congress - change to under 18 which will mean a knockdown effect to under 14/16.

A complete custerfuck given we are just about to enter March and clubs dont know what age groups there will be.

I agree with the motion (has been brought in by Errigal Ciaran) but very difficult for clubs to plan

Truth hurts

Quote from: Taylor on February 24, 2022, 10:59:53 AM

The under 19's is up for debate at congress - change to under 18 which will mean a knockdown effect to under 14/16.

A complete custerfuck given we are just about to enter March and clubs dont know what age groups there will be.

I agree with the motion (has been brought in by Errigal Ciaran) but very difficult for clubs to plan

That motion if it wins will not come into affect to 2023 anyway so this year we are playing 13,15,17 and 19

2badteams

Fake News. Its Castlewellan cant field. The talk of Zebedees

MATTSARACEN

Rumours in the oak grill suggest they didn't want it enough
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose

Truth hurts

Only 5 East Down teams have entered the league.
Could a few teams not got together to form a few amalgamations.

Lecale Gael

Quote from: Truth hurts on February 24, 2022, 03:44:55 PM
Only 5 East Down teams have entered the league.
Could a few teams not got together to form a few amalgamations.

Your chasing your tail with these amalgamations.

The Down U20 and U17s are depriving some teams of their key players and makes it a challenge add to this games on a Sunday when the same age groups will have part time jobs if they are students.

U19s doesn't work. Period. And never will. Needs motion 40 to get pushed through and sort this ungodly mess out. Sooner the better for all
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

wobbller

Congress this weekend.Minor back to U18 hopefully and Ladies into the main GAA family?I don't know if this will work.

Truth hurts

Ladies at club level are integrated, at county level if the 3 codes talked to each other surely it would be easier for clubs. Some of the fixture clashings is crazy and not fair on clubs to sort out.

Mourne Red

Quote from: Truth hurts on February 25, 2022, 08:20:16 AM
Ladies at club level are integrated, at county level if the 3 codes talked to each other surely it would be easier for clubs. Some of the fixture clashings is crazy and not fair on clubs to sort out.

That's due to clubs not having the members to run a committee for both.. Still under 3 different associations and insurance is a lot dearer to register players in the LGFA. Hopefully they do the sensible thing and vote to bring the 3 together, ladies are an after thought and it's purely down to LGFAs stubbornness

Truth hurts

Quote from: Mourne Red on February 25, 2022, 10:01:49 AM
Quote from: Truth hurts on February 25, 2022, 08:20:16 AM

That's due to clubs not having the members to run a committee for both.. Still under 3 different associations and insurance is a lot dearer to register players in the LGFA. Hopefully they do the sensible thing and vote to bring the 3 together, ladies are an after thought and it's purely down to LGFAs stubbornness

eh no,  because it's the right thing to do. Imagine separate committees in GAA, Camogie, and LGFA  in Bredagh. You would need the secretary-general of the united nations in to sort the rows out

snoopdog

The disaster of finding a venue for the camogie club semifinals last weekend should help push this through.  It should all be one.

SamFever

It'll be some craic if this happens within Down.

Truth hurts

Sean og will definitely retire if it happens lol

rosskarr

Integaration I believe, is fine at Club level if everyone is for it,but at County/Nationally it'll be a disaster.No offence to Ladies sports
but it'll ruin it for the original Association.Too much work,sweat,tears and fundraising has gone on for years for us to just
give these two sports an equal footing at the top Tables of Croke Park and County.As a whatsapp was joking this week it's maybe time women fought WW3 if it happens/ ;D ;D