Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Targetman

Quote from: The_big_bad_wolf on February 16, 2022, 11:32:27 PM
It was 1982 that Teconnagh  beat Burren . Ballyinderry beat Burren in the Ulster final in 81
Cheers, was thinking they weren't AI  champions when Teconnaught beat them

Truth hurts

Quote from: wobbller on February 17, 2022, 09:39:58 AM
Quote from: Truth hurts on February 17, 2022, 09:28:44 AM
Darragh O'Hanlon will be joing the backroom team of the u20s, a good man to have about. Does anyone have a copy of the panel?
That would be a great addition.Did you ever find out about Breanainn McComiskey being on
the Down panel?

I enquired did he get a trial, I was impressed with him in the Fin run to their championship win.

wobbller

Quote from: Truth hurts on February 17, 2022, 09:54:12 AM
Darragh O'Hanlon will be joing the backroom team of the u20s, a good man to have about. Does anyone have a copy of the panel?
That would be a great addition.Did you ever find out about Breanainn McComiskey being on
the Down panel?

I enquired did he get a trial, I was impressed with him in the Fin run to their championship win.
One for the future!

Mourne Red

Quote from: wobbller on February 17, 2022, 10:25:51 AM
the Down panel?

One for the future!

I don't know if you are keeping Truth going or not but he's coming 29 - not for the future

manwithnoplan

the Down panel?

The easiest JFC in recent years....

Johnnysboys

A good man to have about?? He has never been involved in a management setup before so that's a stupid statement. However Kilcoo are being cute hoors getting him involved here so he can see how things should happen in a coaching context and bring it back to the club to further progress them down the line. How many other clubs have lads at 28 not playing through injury or other and just let them drift away.

clubman21

Saying this is Kilcoo cute hoorism is just laughable and fuels the seemingly never ending agenda against the magpies.

manwithnoplan

Quote from: Johnnysboys on February 17, 2022, 02:55:55 PM

A good man to have about?? He has never been involved in a management setup before so that's a stupid statement. However Kilcoo are being cute hoors getting him involved here so he can see how things should happen in a coaching context and bring it back to the club to further progress them down the line. How many other clubs have lads at 28 not playing through injury or other and just let them drift away.

Nothing cute about it, it gives O'Hanlon an opportunity to stay in the game he loves given his playing days were cut short. He was a very good player for Down and would have been for many more years, why shouldn't he be given an opportunity by the county to be involved. And Kilcoo may well reap long term benefits of course, as they should given he is a member of their club.

clubman21

Quote from: manwithnoplan on February 17, 2022, 03:15:53 PM

Nothing cute about it, it gives O'Hanlon an opportunity to stay in the game he loves given his playing days were cut short. He was a very good player for Down and would have been for many more years, why shouldn't he be given an opportunity by the county to be involved. And Kilcoo may well reap long term benefits of course, as they should given he is a member of their club.
Agreed, Johnnys post is one of the craziest i've read on here and that takes some doing.

Truth hurts

A thought Smurfy was the biggest SD clown on this board but congratulations Johnnyboys, you have overtaken him

charlieTully

Quote from: Truth hurts on February 17, 2022, 03:35:13 PM

A thought Smurfy was the biggest SD clown on this board but congratulations Johnnyboys, you have overtaken him

Jobs for the boys.

Johnnysboys

Quote from: clubman21 on February 17, 2022, 03:03:03 PM
Saying this is Kilcoo cute hoorism is just laughable and fuels the seemingly never ending agenda against the magpies.

No agenda at all.. kilcoo circling the wagons already!! I'm sayin it as a compliment to Kilcoo not a slant.  Makes complete sense from club perspective and I have no doubt DOH will be an excellent coach as he was a player that saw the big picture when playing.

lumpitin

any dates on when the club leagues are starting?

Truth hurts

Truth hurts

Overheard in Railway St

The Kingdom will make a formal request to Dundrum to speak to John Clarke about the vacant senior football managers job.