Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

passedit

Division 3 Play-off appeal

An Larchoiste Achomhairc
Cruinniu PAC, 29-11-07
Decision of An Larchoiste Achomhairc.
The Appeal was upheld on the following basis:
Fo-Dhlithe agus Rialacha (Bye-Laws and Rules), Coiste Chondae an Duin 8. (ii) (p. 27), states:
Relegation from Divisions 1, 2 and 3 will be determined on a round robin basis involving the bottom four teams in Division 1 and 2 and the bottom three teams from Division 3.
It was noted by members of An Larchoiste Achomhairc that in November 2005, the GAC, An Duin with the approval of Coiste Chondae an Duin, increased the number of teams in Division 3 from ten to twelve, thus bringing this Division into line with Divisions 1 and 2. It was also noted by An Larchoiste Achomhairc that the minutes of the meeting of Coiste Chondae an Duin where this motion was approved, a copy of which was available at the meeting, did not make any provision to alter the number of teams to be involved in relegation from Division 3.
The Fo-Dhlithe agus Rialacha, Coiste Chondae an Duin printed and circulated in Meitheamh 2007 did not contain any change in the relevant part of 8 (ii) and stated 'Relegation from....the bottom three teams from Division 3' (p. 27 Meitheamh 2007).
Addendum
When coming to their decision, An Larchoiste Achomhairc were bound by the Rules, Bye-Laws and Match Regulations relevant to this Appeal and made their decision on that basis.
However, it is the strong recommendation of An Larchoiste Achomhairc that, if at all possible, Coiste Chondae an Duin and the Clubs concerned meet and try to resolve the issue to the satisfaction of all parties.
Antoin Mac Siurtain
Runai Oin., An Larchoiste Achomhairc
Don't Panic

TORGAEL

I think its the only decision that thy could have come to. For a county board not to want to abide by its own rules is a joke. Common sense has prevailed !

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

passedit

Don't Panic

Square Ball

So St Pauls stay up, wonder where he is?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

stpauls

right here SB, though I am not counting my chickens before they hatch, god knows what is likely to happen, that decision only means that Drumgath were not meant to be in the playoffs, though as it stands, as we beat Mitchels in our playoff game, we should stay up, but it will all come down to what the county board decide to do!

behind the wire

passedit/ st pauls has the appeal cost your club any money? if it has its a disgrace. good to see it resolved, it was the only possible outcome. dont think st pauls were fairly treated at all. complete shambles.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

stpauls

BTW, we had to pay a fee for every appeal we entered, which totalled 2. how much exactly i don't know, but i think it was about 100 Euro for each appeal!

TORGAEL

As did Drumgath, who treated just as badly by the county board. Just hope that really is the end of it. It was a farce.

stpauls

it should be the end of it for yourselves TOR, but i will wait and see how long this is going to drag on for us!!

behind the wire

torgael completely agree with you. the only reason i dont have any sympathy for you is because you shouldn't have been there in the first place!!!!!
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

the milkman

Are Down playing any games this week?

johnneycool

4. That the County Board designate area teams throughout the county, provide coaching and provide competitions between the teams in an effort to develop hurling in the whole of the county. (Cluain Daimh)

Is someone in Clonduff reading some of my past posts on the subject??

I also see Mayobridge have a motion in about getting a slice of the gate money for championship games. It used to be the case where each team got 30%, the county board got 30% and the host club the remaining 10%. Surely it's not much to ask especially when the county have continuously reneiged on its commitment to even provide hurling balls for county finals.

amallon

So would the Bridge and the Stone have got nothing for the two county final games?  It seems a bit harsh I would have throught both clubs would have got something from the games.  What about Ulster games, do the clubs get anything from those?
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

johnneycool

Quote from: amallon on December 04, 2007, 12:47:24 PM
So would the Bridge and the Stone have got nothing for the two county final games?  It seems a bit harsh I would have throught both clubs would have got something from the games.  What about Ulster games, do the clubs get anything from those?

Clubs do get a slice of Ulster games, don't know the percentage though as the VAT man is kept in the dark as well.  ;)