Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colonel Cool

I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

No1

I wouldn't be expecting to see or hear an official panel until the McKenna Cup run is over, it looks as though those games are going to be treated simply as glorified trial games.  Fair enough I say.

johnneycool

Quote from: No1 on December 14, 2006, 01:42:38 PM
  I wouldn't be expecting to see or hear an official panel until the McKenna Cup run is over, it looks as though those games are going to be treated simply as glorified trial games.  Fair enough I say.

But surely there's still some form of provisional list available of the forty or so still in contention.

Has no one been  cut yet??

imagine

Seems to be very little news coming out!

lfdown2

how many kilclief men no1, i hear rosy is on it, is richard kerr? and i hear a lad richie from saul is on it, a lot of new faces afaik liam doyle is the only liatroim man who went

off the laces

I hear three dpk men on it Turley,Gracey and Telford
Keeps 'er' straight

DownFanatic

East Down U-21 B Championship Final

Ardglass 0-13  Naomh Seosamh (Aughlisnafin, Ballykinlar, Dundrum) 3-09

South Down U-21 B Championship Final

An Riocht 5-09  Ballymartin 1-09

I heard Kilcoo beat Cnoc ni Drinn by 3 In the East Down A Final. Did anyone hear how the South Down A Final went?

Guillem2

Who are  Cnoc ni Drinn? Never heard of them.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

DownFanatic

Cnoc ni Drinn are an amalgamation of Loughinisland, Downpatrick and Teconnaught.

uselessfootballer

As far as I know the East Down U-21 B final ended in confusion today with the ref blowing up early.
He sent 2 off from Ardglass late in the second half, didn't seem to regain control of the situation and ended the game.
The talk afterwards was that he abandonded the game with no result to be registered.

No1

Quotehow many kilclief men no1

Rosie played in an in-house game 2 weeks ago and was told to expect a phone call, he's still waiting AFAIK. 

He's on the hurling panel so if the phone call from DJ/Ross doesn't come then he won't have to make a difficult choice.

Ricky is on the panel at the minute but he's waiting on a hernia operation so I am not sure how that will turn out.

Donnan Ritchie from Saul is not there, the only rep they have is the team doctor and I hope he is a better doctor than he was a football manager  ;D

sabhallphadraig

Quote from: No1 on December 18, 2006, 10:52:55 AM
  Donnan Ritchie from Saul is not there, the only rep they have is the team doctor and I hope he is a better doctor than he was a football manager  ;D

Typical scum-from-the-shore style there No1 - I'd have expected that as a long time contributor to discussions here you could at times drag yourself above the petty - obviously not!!

Its very easy to take a pop at someone who has put themselves obviously in the firing line just because they step forward and dedicate a significant percentage of their lives to their club. Its bad enough that you grab the chance to have another dig at Saul with no obvious lead to doing it but when you then start to also have go at a guy's occupation then you're over the line - especially when you as most can hide behind the anonymous ....  and before you ask, I'm not the person you're taking a swipe at ...

Tell us all how much graft you put in for your club (and spouting on here doesn't count  ;) )  - I'd be amazed if its anything other than a minor % of the work of some of the volunteers you're back-stabbing.

Now wouldn't it be great if all the clubs in Down could drag themselves out of this level of in-bred negativity and throw support in behind Ross and his team (no matter who's on it) - if that was to happen we might have a chance of the worrying the Kerry's and Tyrone's of this world rather than allowing counties like Sligo to turn us over as we keep going through our introverted dive to nowhere.  Any chance?

Dubh driocht

Totally agree Sabhallphadraig. We need positive commitment not negative cynicism.No 1 is like the gael, Herring-Gutter etc -hurlers on the ditch .He who never made a mistake never made anything.Ross and DJ will get it wrong but they have the courage to lead a limited group of players- we all need to support them.

No1

FFS boys would yiz lighten up?

Dubh Driocht, where exactly do I criticise management or players?  As someone who has followed the footballers all over the country in the last 10 years I certainly don't need a lecture from you on "support".  To compare me to those other 2 posters is laughable at best and insulting at worst.

Saul man, you seriously need to grow up.  Where have I had a go at the fellas competency at his job?  You know f**k all about me and work I put into my club so don't start throwing accusations and bullshit about me around.  If you want to PM me I'll give you my name and exactly what positions I've held and exactly what work I've done for my club.

The last time you were on here you were crying that the local media didn't give you any credit for having a playable pitch with all the flags lined out neatly and somehow made out that Kilclief were to blame, wtf is that about?

I can't help having a swipe at youse boys, it's a bit of craic and boys like Dony and Stratts can take it in the spirit that it is mean't and give it back in the same manner, you obviously can't.

Two more things, when did you boys re-brand from blue and yellow to blue and gold and why?

As for the "scum-from-the shore" comment, that says more about you than it does about me.

thewobbler

It's December 20th, competitive football starts in a fortnight or so, and there's still no sign of a provisional football squad being named.

Come on Ross, give us something to talk about.

On a side note, 50 players have been selected for Down under-21 trials this weekend, and it really looks like we're going to be strong in this tournament this year.