Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrifictommy

Quote from: Truth hurts on October 05, 2021, 09:13:09 AM
I am only after hearing about the u15 plate championship final, Tullylish v St Johns. Tullylish full forward scored 4.5 or something, was not in the winning team photo. Apparently a ringer from Banbridge and illegal. Congratulations on your u15 plate victory Tullylish  :D

From what I heard (obviously 12th watered down version) Tullylish were more than aware and concocted a story to the photographer about the boy being in photos. A well known referee was the manager as well.

SamFever

Quote from: terrifictommy on October 05, 2021, 11:07:04 AM
Quote from: Truth hurts on October 05, 2021, 09:13:09 AM
I am only after hearing about the u15 plate championship final, Tullylish v St Johns. Tullylish full forward scored 4.5 or something, was not in the winning team photo. Apparently a ringer from Banbridge and illegal. Congratulations on your u15 plate victory Tullylish  :D

From what I heard (obviously 12th watered down version) Tullylish were more than aware and concocted a story to the photographer about the boy being in photos. A well known referee was the manager as well.
The 'ole Rum/Black 😅😅

Smurfy123

The dust has settled from the weekend
What a terrible 3 weeks for us
From winning the league to going out of the championship in a whim
It has been a terrible year
If it has learnt me anything league football in Down is a waste of time in terms of tryin to win a league
It's all about championship and it's obvious most other teams turned attention to the championship midway through the league
I do feel the current management will have a few serious conversations with the committee if they want to stay on next year
We needed to bring things to a new level when NMA left and that simply didn't happen which the players sensed.
Niall put his life into the club for 4 years and it rubbed off on players which has been missing this year
It looks like our golden generation may be over and our underage is not great
Boyles x2
Rhino
McMahon
R mcaleenan
Davidson
C McCartan

All above could go

If the management stay on I think they need to add some spark to the set up
We looked so leggy and clueless tactically both defensively and going Forward
We looked like the only plan going forward was to launch high ball into Jamie

Truth hurts

You won your first senior title (1/2 title) in nearly 70 years, you should be grateful. What did the players not sense? Blame the management again scenario!

Smurfy123

Blame the management again when I just said NMA took us to a very high level?
I didn't blame management
I said players sensed that things didn't go to a higher level
The reason you take in a manager is to try get the players to a higher level than the previous manager
Truth u said on the 4th that you fancied Clonduff for the Frank O Hare cup and a few posts later tipped Kilcoo Burren for the final
Now i think what you say will be taken with a pinch

Truth hurts

Quote from: Smurfy123 on October 06, 2021, 09:07:28 AM
The reason you take in a manager is to try get the players to a higher level than the previous manager
Truth u said on the 4th that you fancied Clonduff for the Frank O Hare cup and a few posts later tipped Kilcoo Burren for the final

Maybe it's the fault of the players? Did they commit enough?

sdg

Quote from: Truth hurts on October 06, 2021, 11:05:37 AM

Player's definitely didn't commit fully, but the management played them.

Smurfy123

I don't know of any player who didn't fully commit?
If they didn't commit they wouldn't be on the panel

Godsown

Can this discussion not be about teams still left in the championship

Smurfy123

Truth hurts

It looked to me that NMCA took a no-shit bullshit approach and ensured that Gaelic was first and foremost in everyone's mind and that soccer was cast aside. . All in all a league title is a massive achievement and you should be very grateful to the management and players for delivering it. Looking all your underage, you seem to be playing a lot in B and C sections which with the population should not be happening. Newry, Warrenpoint, Castlewellan, and Downpatrick clubs have the population to ensure that their underage teams are not in div 3 or 4 competitions.

Smurfy123

All grades outside A except for our under 15s
It may be a while before we win the senior championship
The hurt of this year is the only way I can see one last kick in this team but that's what it will be. A last kick.
It will all depend if any retirements happen

elk

Quote from: sdg on October 06, 2021, 11:28:33 AM
Quote from: Truth hurts on October 06, 2021, 11:05:37 AM

Player's definitely didn't commit fully, but the management played them.
So you blame the management then

Smurfy123

No I didn't blame anyone
I said things were not taken to a higher level than what the previous manager did
That's what was expected
The players have to take responsibility too
That said I believe this group have 1 last kick in them if they really want it
I also believe the current management will be preparing already for next season
With this years extended season clubs don't have much time to plan for next season regarding new managers etc

SamFever

Quote from: Smurfy123 on October 07, 2021, 08:53:39 AM
No I didn't blame anyone
I said things were not taken to a higher level than what the previous manager did
That's what was expected
The players have to take responsibility too
That said I believe this group have 1 last kick in them if they really want it
I also believe the current management will be preparing already for next season
With this years extended season clubs don't have much time to plan for next season regarding new managers etc
Extended?