Author Topic: Down Club Hurling & Football  (Read 5390215 times)

wobbller

• View Profile
Re: Down Club Hurling & Football
« Reply #33165 on: May 17, 2020, 12:17:13 PM »
I seemed to have touched a raw nerve around the the place.
I heard it.
Iíve put it onto the Board here.
I have said I donít know if it is true.
The truth will come out and if wrong,itís no big deal.If true,it is a big deal.

You could have asked on the board - "anyone hear of clubs breaking lockdown rules".. But you went straight to say GAA clubs not adhering to lockdown from Chinese whispers you heard and not provided substance of what the situation was
You could have, you should have! Oh dear! Prickly bunch on here today.

Mourne Red

• View Profile
« Reply #33166 on: May 17, 2020, 12:18:31 PM »
I heard it.

You could have asked on the board - "anyone hear of clubs breaking lockdown rules".. But you went straight to say GAA clubs not adhering to lockdown from Chinese whispers you heard and not provided substance of what the situation was

Only p***k here is you sir

wobbller

• View Profile
« Reply #33167 on: May 17, 2020, 12:52:40 PM »
I heard it.

Only p***k here is you sir
  Sir?

Nanderson

• View Profile
« Reply #33168 on: May 17, 2020, 01:34:15 PM »
Name the club then if you are already prepared to spread idle gossip on the matter

wobbller

• View Profile
« Reply #33169 on: May 17, 2020, 01:39:01 PM »
Name the club then if you are already prepared to spread idle gossip on the matter
  If I had wanted to name the Clubs I would have done so 3 or 4 posts ago.Paid help justifying their outrageous weekly wages.

Lotto

• View Profile
« Reply #33170 on: May 17, 2020, 03:50:14 PM »
  If I had wanted to name the Clubs I would have done so 3 or 4 posts ago.Paid help justifying their outrageous weekly wages.

It's common knowledge that the clubs in question were caught training at Milltown and Derryleckagh.

wobbller

• View Profile
« Reply #33171 on: May 17, 2020, 04:35:21 PM »

It's common knowledge that the clubs in question were caught training at Milltown and Derryleckagh.
   Not that common in that I didnít know the grounds so all we need now is the Clubs concerned and then look forward to our Sunday Dinner.

CornUladh02

• View Profile
« Reply #33172 on: May 17, 2020, 11:28:15 PM »

I would find it extraordinary and very hard to believe that clubs had full training sessions at council venues during lockdown.

supersub

• View Profile
« Reply #33173 on: May 17, 2020, 11:28:55 PM »

Not that common in that I didnít know the grounds so all we need now is the Clubs concerned and then look forward to our Sunday Dinner.

Your initial post was very assertive and sure footed. Like a kid  who couldnít wait to tell their mate in the school yard a rumour overheard in the youth club. Without taking into consideration what you were saying may affect other persons incorrectly if you donít clarify what the f**k you are talking about. This is why people want to know the clubs in question. You have since backtracked as you realise you had little founding to go in so deep initially.

In any case, for the sake of clarity and the integrity of St Bronaghís GAA Rostrevor, closely aligned with Carlingford Lough as most know and may lead them to believe our club was involved. They werenít. I donít know who was, and it certainly isnít common knowledge, but it certainly was not Rostrevor.

thewobbler

• View Profile
    • Balllyholland Harps GAC
« Reply #33174 on: May 17, 2020, 11:36:49 PM »

I would find it extraordinary and very hard to believe that clubs had full training sessions at council venues during lockdown.

Thatís because it didnít happen.

One place youíre not going to train is on a field that is just far enough away from a public road to not be able to stop someone taking photos, but just close enough to a public road for any modern camera to identify faces.

Anyway other wobller the problem here isnít that the GAABoard is mighty, or important or even influential. But thereís someone in every club in our county has read this thread now, and has subsequently circulated the question around their own club. And people will stress and promote paranoia as a result.

So itís a Chinese whisper.

Maybe thatís what you wanted, to entertain yourself.

But itís shitty behaviour imho.

wobbller

• View Profile
« Reply #33175 on: May 18, 2020, 08:48:07 AM »

One place youíre not going to train is on a field that is just far enough away from a public road to not be able to stop someone taking photos, but just close enough to a public road for any modern camera to identify faces.

Anyway other wobller the problem here isnít that the GAABoard is mighty, or important or even influential. But thereís someone in every club in our county has read this thread now, and has subsequently circulated the question around their own club. And people will stress and promote paranoia as a result.

Lotto has the answers

wobbller

• View Profile
« Reply #33176 on: May 18, 2020, 09:29:09 AM »

thewobbler,Are you saying people in your Club(maybe yourself) would circulate a so-called Chinese whisper around the members which would then promote paranoia?

thewobbler

• View Profile
    • Balllyholland Harps GAC
« Reply #33177 on: May 18, 2020, 09:31:11 AM »
No Iím saying thatís what youíre doing.

Isnít that obvious?

This one is about you mate, not me, not Ballyholland.

wobbller

• View Profile
« Reply #33178 on: May 18, 2020, 10:01:37 AM »
So thatís Rostrevor and Ballyholland now innocent.Weíre getting there slowly.

Lotto

• View Profile
« Reply #33179 on: May 19, 2020, 08:47:24 PM »

Lotto has the answers

Even worse that one of them was apparently pretending to be their local soccer team when asked what they were at.