Author Topic: Down Club Hurling & Football  (Read 5014886 times)

OgraAnDun

• View Profile
Re: Down Club Hurling & Football
« Reply #32250 on: October 09, 2019, 10:56:16 AM »
Is this the thought process then?

Wake up.
Take a dump.
Think up some shit
Find a way to include East Down among those shite thoughts.
Type it up.
Laugh at self for being so outrageous and witty.
Repeat.

——

This section of the board has been in decline for a decade. But you’ve made it terminal yewtree. Well done you.

Laugh at everyone else for being so stupid as to fall for it and react
Repeat

Should be the last two lines. Anyone taking him/her seriously needs to have a look at themselves

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #32251 on: October 09, 2019, 11:20:04 AM »
I'd a parent of one of our U14 hurlers approach me after a game about what was said to his son as his opponent was alleged to have said that he was going to rape our players ma.

My take on it at the time was that if the referee didn't hear it and do anything about it then it really would be a case of "he said this - no I didn't" and a waste of time and effort and TBH knowing the (east   ;)   ) Down club involved there was no point mentioning it to them either something the parent knows from his own playing days.

It's very welcome that the county board are taking a stand on this but how will this process pan out in the long run?

Nothing in the referees report it seems.

Mayobridge seem to have been in contact with Kilcoo at some level where the young lad seems to have personally apologised which is very welcome I'd have thought.

Mayobridge send in a letter of complaint to Down CCC

Down CCC I presume have given Kilcoo and the player responsible a right to reply or did they take the personal apology as an admission of guilt?

The appeal being thrown out.

I can understand Down CCC wanting to take a stand on driving this shíte out of Gaelic Games but it looks on the face of it there's a lot of holes in the process that need sorted out for it to be consistent.

PTC

• View Profile
« Reply #32252 on: October 09, 2019, 12:14:25 PM »
So who do ya’s think will win the match on Sunday? Think if it’s tight going into last 5 or 10 minutes kilcoo’s experience could get them over the line. Warrenpoint are a great team think we are in for a good game

whitegoodman

• View Profile
« Reply #32253 on: October 09, 2019, 01:18:18 PM »
I think you would find that a serious incident like that on a pitch to a juvenile has to be reported for safeguarding references. Why would the young fella go to the house if he didn’t say it?

I've clearly pointed out several times (and specifically have done so) that this case is different from what may come down the line because there has been an admission of guilt.

If there is no admission of guilt, is a letter from a club now enough to start and end disciplinary procedures?

There was an admission of guilt, CB took action.  If there is no admission of guilt and nothing in referees report then there is no action to take, letter or no letter.

It should be that simple.

Last Caress

• View Profile
« Reply #32254 on: October 09, 2019, 01:23:07 PM »
So who do ya’s think will win the match on Sunday? Think if it’s tight going into last 5 or 10 minutes kilcoo’s experience could get them over the line. Warrenpoint are a great team think we are in for a good game
I'm gonna go with The Point.  Think kilcoo are not the force they have been. If the Point really want it now is the opportunity.

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #32255 on: October 09, 2019, 01:47:58 PM »
I think you would find that a serious incident like that on a pitch to a juvenile has to be reported for safeguarding references. Why would the young fella go to the house if he didn’t say it?

I've clearly pointed out several times (and specifically have done so) that this case is different from what may come down the line because there has been an admission of guilt.

If there is no admission of guilt, is a letter from a club now enough to start and end disciplinary procedures?

There was an admission of guilt, CB took action.  If there is no admission of guilt and nothing in referees report then there is no action to take, letter or no letter.

It should be that simple.

You're probably right but I won't be expecting lads to apologise from now on and I think some level of remorse should be taken into account.

downjim

• View Profile
« Reply #32256 on: October 09, 2019, 02:18:54 PM »
Remorse?? How about teaching your members not to say this crap, it’s the GAA, we are the Gaa, sledging is for tramps

Aristo 60

• There's no goal like a Down goal!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32257 on: October 09, 2019, 02:48:10 PM »
Hearing tragic news today that will shock County Down football.

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #32258 on: October 09, 2019, 02:56:59 PM »
Hearing tragic news today that will shock County Down football.

Unreal. RIP

angermanagement

• View Profile
« Reply #32259 on: October 09, 2019, 03:15:39 PM »
Shocking news, Gentleman. RIP

SamFever

• View Profile
« Reply #32260 on: October 09, 2019, 04:04:14 PM »
 Eamon Burns Bryansford. RIP.

Aristo 60

• There's no goal like a Down goal!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32261 on: October 09, 2019, 04:06:19 PM »
Poor Eamon and family.

He scored Down's first point from play in the '91 final. A score that settled us down after an early diet of Carr & Mason frees. It was a real beauty. Running straight at goal he passed it over the bar with no small measure of eloquence.

That and the mini run to the UF he gave us in 2017 are how I will remember him (RIP).

RadioGAAGAA

• View Profile
« Reply #32262 on: October 09, 2019, 04:34:19 PM »
RIP Eamon - taken long before his time.
i usse an speelchekor

champion1981

• View Profile
« Reply #32263 on: October 09, 2019, 04:44:58 PM »
Remorse?? How about teaching your members not to say this crap, it’s the GAA, we are the Gaa, sledging is for tramps
downjim if that's the case,your club is full of them!! Only caught the 2nd half of minor game sunday past and the  whole way through that half there was a white headed man from burren roaring abuse to referee and young kilcoo players in regards to ruc/PSNI cops,  he should of got a slap in the teeth for the way he was carrying on! Same shit as reported here few weeks back about mr p faloon,calling on the police,  people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, 🤔

Cuan12

• View Profile
« Reply #32264 on: October 09, 2019, 04:50:47 PM »
RIP Eamonn Burns, gentleman of and on the pitch, massive loss to Down GAA