Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Caress

A lot to peoples names being thrown about and being abused on here.
So that makes it different from abuse on the field or behind the fence?
Sorry, its all anonymous on here so its ok.............. carry on.........

razor

Quote from: Golden Eye on October 03, 2019, 11:13:16 PM
Looking at the ladies underage finals and Francis rogan being the 4 eyed **** that he is giving all the finals to east down referees again, no surprise there! His own we click of people while the other do the last minute games and fevers and lads who are on the national panel and Ulster can't even get a final in down and you have the like of the female twin of Jackie Quinn, helen rice refereeing u16 B final!

5 finals appointed so far 4 of them are east down!
U14 A Final Eugene O'hare 
U14 b final Colin Murray
U14 c final Peter Brannigan
U14 d final Dominic kearns

U16 b final Helen rice

And the down LGFA are about bringing the youth into refereeing and all these referees are over 45!

Goldeneye

You obviously don't know what you are talking about.

Francis Rogan appoints referees and he tries to spread his finals out and treats the referees with a bit of respect unlike the mens county board

Goldeneye I think if you go and look back at the appointments that Francis Rogan made this year then you will find that the Ladies Intermediate Championship Final and the Junior Championship Final were both refereed by South Down referees and the linesmen for the three adult championship finals at least one of them were South Down officials.

Golden Eye

I'm not on about senior football, how is young referees meant to progress when they don't get underage finals? At least the men's board are pushing the younger lads on!

yewtree

Disgrace the other night and surprise surprise what clubs are involved.

Trouble seems to follow.

This year we have had the horrible sledging in minor and senior games ,throwing balls on the pitch , rows in minor games,reluctance to use the GAA's own disciplinary process, paying mercenaries, fighting in the stands, Sunday October 13th will be the final end to this traumatic period in Down Football. Last year we had the great Burren this year the peoples favourite.

But on the football field we have The Point the peoples favourite about to win the championship ! A team that can play football in an exciting way. If given the proper protection from all the officials no doubt they will win.Barney has put together a formidable outfit and from what I had heard Point were pushing for referees and linesmen from outside the county. With influence at the highest level it nearly happened only for last minute intervention from a very influential man.
The Point by 7.

Last Caress

Quote from: yewtree on October 04, 2019, 11:15:07 PM
Disgrace the other night and surprise surprise what clubs are involved.

Trouble seems to follow.

This year we have had the horrible sledging in minor and senior games ,throwing balls on the pitch , rows in minor games,reluctance to use the GAA's own disciplinary process, paying mercenaries, fighting in the stands, Sunday October 13th will be the final end to this traumatic period in Down Football. Last year we had the great Burren this year the peoples favourite.

But on the football field we have The Point the peoples favourite about to win the championship ! A team that can play football in an exciting way. If given the proper protection from all the officials no doubt they will win.Barney has put together a formidable outfit and from what I had heard Point were pushing for referees and linesmen from outside the county. With influence at the highest level it nearly happened only for last minute intervention from a very influential man.
The Point by 7.
Jesus... blinkers on or what. Did a point supporter not  enter the field against kilcoo in the league and threw punches? Quite happy to be corrected on that if not true. Glass houses and all that.....

upandwin

Said it before and say it again. Yewtree is a Burren person and does nothing but talk about other clubs...😕

Last caress I was at the CPN Kilcoo game you're referring to and that did happen. What I will say is that Kilcoo players (two of the 5/6 incidents caught on video) were Judas pinching point players throughout. Not going to name players on this forum as it's not appropriate to do so, but the usual suspects at it for kilcoo the whole night. That being said the supporter who jumped the wire was way out of line too tbf. Think there's been a history of rows between those two teams and Kilcoo supporters and bench flooded the field last year when they went to Moygannon on two separate occasions. Not sticking up for either club btw but main point was that Yewtree is from Burren😂😂This is from a mourne man living in exile in the point!!

champion1981

Yewtree agree with officials  from outside the county 100%, point are a very good footballing team easy on the eye, hope it's a good game,kilcoo I think will stumble over the line in this 1 I think,kilcoos know how to win big games when things aren't going to plan and sheer dertimation work rate will be a massive plus on their side ,as will their champions fixtures stand by them 2 tough games against burren,point haven't really got tested yet,will the big occasion get to them? Has Boyle got soccer the day of final or day before? Massive player and point will need every one firing on all cylinders  ,they haven't a great bench , kilcoo need big big improvements in devlin rooney Johnstons young mcevoy and ward ,🤔 can moran get clean sweep in first season? Some season for him/them if they do ,anyway kilcoo by 5 pulling up, 

Smurfy123

Stumble over the line
Pull up at the end
Which one is it?

champion1981

Smurfy,kilcoo wont be firing on all cylinders ,eg missing goal chances  , to many frees conceded ,and missed, but basically they wont need to be at best to beat this point team, 😉 that clear enough for you??

Cuan12

Smurf , Yewtree and the rest of you begrudges , Kilcoo will win, McGarry won't have such an influence in final, rest of point attack is not as effective, Kilcoo by 4and no fighting on or of the pitch

downjim

Cab the point still be in relegation after being beaten today??

PTC

seen on Castlewellans Twitter updates that a Warrenpoint player was stretched off. Bad luck with championship final coming up next week

Smurfy123

We rested the whole team today. No we can't go down. By the looks of it may be between Bryansford Ballyholland for a playoff with Castlewellan or Downpatrick definitely in a playoff with one of those going down

yewtree

Not much talk of minor final between Burren and Kilcoo , Kilcoo should walk it going by 2 years ago u16 but feel the mighty Burren have progressed more.
In fairness some special talents in Burren , they just have a habit of producing serious players .
Will be a delight to watch them beat Kilcoo.

Lotto

Quote from: yewtree on October 05, 2019, 11:38:17 PM
Not much talk of minor final between Burren and Kilcoo , Kilcoo should walk it going by 2 years ago u16 but feel the mighty Burren have progressed more.
In fairness some special talents in Burren , they just have a habit of producing serious players .
Will be a delight to watch them beat Kilcoo.

Would that be talk or walk? The shit they did to Mayobridge in the semi final was as low as I have ever heard. The players and management should hang their heads in shame. I hope Burren give them a lesson but I can't see it. It will be a title won by Kilcoo in shame.