Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hedgehunter

Quote from: PTC on October 02, 2019, 07:32:37 PM
I see adrain sharvin is doing the senior final, I thought he did very well in the kilcoo burren replay

Any word on who's doing the intermediate? Or even Junior for that matter?

PTC

Quote from: Hedgehunter on October 02, 2019, 07:49:20 PM
Quote from: PTC on October 02, 2019, 07:32:37 PM
I see adrain sharvin is doing the senior final, I thought he did very well in the kilcoo burren replay

Any word on who's doing the intermediate? Or even Junior for that matter?
.no one named yet for junior or intermediate. Gavin finnegan doin the minors

Jim Bob

Quote from: Leftmidfield on October 01, 2019, 09:56:06 PM
Quote from: champion1981 on October 01, 2019, 09:38:54 PM
So kilcoo win the league tonight I see  ,must of Been poor enough game, heavy suspensions coming I heard! Did the referee get a dig?
Yes I heard Mr Rice got a dig from a Clonduff player

Back page of Thursday's  Irish News

downjim

SamFever

Quote from: downjim on October 03, 2019, 08:54:51 AM
Down GAA is in the gutter
It's not Down that is in the gutter but the Club concerned.
Who is in charge there?
Barry McGuigan?
They need to take action or they'll be going to the Courts on a more frequent basis after these
last 15months.

The Trap

Why did the referee not just walk off the pitch? how did he decide to play on?????

Lotto

Two despicable deeds over the last week. A young player goading his opponent over his dead mother and another player assaulting a referee because the same referee had abused him from the other side of the fence in a recent game. Lads, where the hell are we going in Down football?

terrifictommy

Quote from: Lotto on October 03, 2019, 05:53:40 PM
Two despicable deeds over the last week. A young player goading his opponent over his dead mother and another player assaulting a referee because the same referee had abused him from the other side of the fence in a recent game. Lads, where the hell are we going in Down football?

Lotto, where do you get your info? Surely a referee, quite a seasoned one too, would not abuse a player over the wire - Especially when he knows he will be on a pitch with him at some point. As hard to believe as the tooth fairy. Just don't see this as having any merit. What it does is try to soften the act.

PTC

Quote from: terrifictommy on October 03, 2019, 07:53:49 PM

Lotto, where do you get your info? Surely a referee, quite a seasoned one too, would not abuse a player over the wire - Especially when he knows he will be on a pitch with him at some point. As hard to believe as the tooth fairy. Just don't see this as having any merit. What it does is try to soften the act.
from what I hear the faloon  brothers where doing a lot of slabbering at the kilcoo and Clonduff game on Saturday night

Lotto

Why would I try to soften the act of hitting a referee, this is never acceptable behaviour in anyone's book no matter what the provocation. This seasoned referee apparently shouted abuse over the fence during a recent game at the guy who is supposed to have struck him, believe it or believe it not.

Lotto

Quote from: PTC on October 03, 2019, 08:23:37 PM

from what I hear the faloon  brothers where doing a lot of slabbering at the kilcoo and Clonduff game on Saturday night

Paul Faloon is one of the quietest men you would meet and I find this very hard to believe, his brother is a different story.

PTC

Quote from: Lotto on October 03, 2019, 09:43:45 PM

Paul Faloon is one of the quietest men you would meet and I find this very hard to believe, his brother is a different story.
apparently Paul was unhappy with the ref and his brother was giving a few of the kilcoo players abuse. What club do they come from?

Lotto

Quote from: PTC on October 03, 2019, 10:06:32 PM
Quote from: Lotto on October 03, 2019, 09:43:45 PM

apparently Paul was unhappy with the ref and his brother was giving a few of the kilcoo players abuse. What club do they come from?

You said they were doing alot of slabbering.  Now there is a long way between being unhappy at a referees performance and slabbering about it, Paul no and Kevin yes. Compare that with Rice who shouts and roars at all who will listen to him, sitting in the same place in the stand every game. Clubs for the Faloons, no ideas and Kevin refs more in Armagh than Down

forevergreen

Quote from: Lotto on October 03, 2019, 09:40:56 PM

Why would I try to soften the act of hitting a referee, this is never acceptable behaviour in anyone's book no matter what the provocation. This seasoned referee apparently shouted abuse over the fence during a recent game at the guy who is supposed to have struck him, believe it or believe it not.

Told same this evening Lotto, Rice apparently shouting abuse over the wire at the Clonduff player in previous game. He's a mouth piece but hitting a ref is madness

Down Follower

No harm to you lads but you are out of order by putting anything about Rice shouting something in a previous game in the same context as him being hit. For one, is it even true! I dont doubt he would shout at a match if he was a supporter, as we all do, but I have heard that there is absolutely no truth in it in this instance. Worse than that though is it is in some way justifying the actions of the Clonduff player.  You may think your not doing that but by providing some sort of 'reason' that's exactly what you are doing.
It is an absolute disgrace and the player should get a significant ban from both the co board and Clonduff.  There is no justification for what was an unprovoked attack. Bear in mind this was a player who was in the midst of being sent off for another strike, this time on his opponent.
It is the player who has to answer for his actions here and not the referee.