Author Topic: Down Club Hurling & Football  (Read 5781888 times)

PTC

• View Profile
Re: Down Club Hurling & Football
« Reply #32145 on: October 01, 2019, 10:05:22 PM »
Bad work if true! Was a low scoring game congrats to kilcoo

Square Ball

• View Profile
« Reply #32146 on: October 02, 2019, 07:18:05 AM »
Disgrace of true indeed, verbal abuse is bad enought, but when it comes to the physical kind it's time to act swiftly. Without these guys in the middle we have no games, it's as simple as that. Will the refs themselves act on this? Anyone know the sanctions that can be used? Surely the club should act as well
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

sdg

• View Profile
« Reply #32147 on: October 02, 2019, 11:55:50 AM »
Shocking hope the Co board take the strongest possible action. Congratulations to Kilcoo on winning the ACL Div1. A few big games coming up Saturday at the bottom end, Downpatrick v Ford the big game. Think Castlewellan will get a easy win against a probably 2nds Warrenpoint team

upandwin

• View Profile
« Reply #32148 on: October 02, 2019, 12:16:22 PM »
Couple of big weeks ahead in the season...What's everyone's predictions for Saturday's games? Lots of permutations possible...

Rostrevor v Mayobridge-Surely Mayobridge will win that against a Rostrevor side that have obviously packed up tools for the year
Downpatrick v Bryansford-Both need to win, think Bryansford will win in a close game
Castlewellan v CPN-Castlewellan to beat the point handy, point surely bubble wrapping players over the next 10days
Ballyholland v Burren-Harps to win by 4...Burren have given up the ghost too, apparently they aren't training or anything.

Think if those results go to plan, that means RGU go down and Castlewellan would play Ballyholland in a Playoff? Would be good value for the neutrals if Harps and Hoops played out a relegation decider...If Downpatrick beat the Ford and those other results go as predicted, am I right in saying that would leave Castlewellan straight down and RGU playing Bryansford in a relegation playoff?

Are the point and Mayobridge safe enough no matter what? Head hurts looking at that league table...  :-\

rory

• View Profile
« Reply #32149 on: October 02, 2019, 04:26:49 PM »
Couple of big weeks ahead in the season...What's everyone's predictions for Saturday's games? Lots of permutations possible...

Rostrevor v Mayobridge-Surely Mayobridge will win that against a Rostrevor side that have obviously packed up tools for the year
Downpatrick v Bryansford-Both need to win, think Bryansford will win in a close game
Castlewellan v CPN-Castlewellan to beat the point handy, point surely bubble wrapping players over the next 10days
Ballyholland v Burren-Harps to win by 4...Burren have given up the ghost too, apparently they aren't training or anything.

Think if those results go to plan, that means RGU go down and Castlewellan would play Ballyholland in a Playoff? Would be good value for the neutrals if Harps and Hoops played out a relegation decider...If Downpatrick beat the Ford and those other results go as predicted, am I right in saying that would leave Castlewellan straight down and RGU playing Bryansford in a relegation playoff?

Are the point and Mayobridge safe enough no matter what? Head hurts looking at that league table...  :-\
                                            Diff  Pts
6   Cumann Pheadair Naofa        9   18
7   Mayobridge                         -3   16
8   Bryansford                          -23  16
9   Ballyholland                        -49  16
10   RGU Downpatrick              -58   12
11   Castlewellan                     -54   11

I'm presuming the tie-breaker is score difference.

If Bryansford and Ballyholland get a better result than 'Bridge, 'Bridge will end up in playoff as they are all on same points.  The score diff means that 3 wins would probably put Ballyholland in playoff.

If CPN lose by 9 say, and bridge win by 4, 'Ford win by 24 and Harps win by 50, then CPN in playoff  :o

upandwin

• View Profile
« Reply #32150 on: October 02, 2019, 04:37:16 PM »

Diff  Pts
6   Cumann Pheadair Naofa        9   18
7   Mayobridge                         -3   16
8   Bryansford                          -23  16
9   Ballyholland                        -49  16
10   RGU Downpatrick              -58   12
11   Castlewellan                     -54   11

I'm presuming the tie-breaker is score difference.

If Bryansford and Ballyholland get a better result than 'Bridge, 'Bridge will end up in playoff as they are all on same points.  The score diff means that 3 wins would probably put Ballyholland in playoff.

If CPN lose by 9 say, and bridge win by 4, 'Ford win by 24 and Harps win by 50, then CPN in playoff  :o

So the point aren't safe...? Nervy times on the seaside...lol Haven't seen much of Ford or RGU this year...who wins that one? Can see Cwellan, Bridge and Ballyholland winning...just don't know anything about RGU or Ford. Thoughts?

PTC

• View Profile
« Reply #32151 on: October 02, 2019, 07:32:37 PM »
I see adrain sharvin is doing the senior final, I thought he did very well in the kilcoo burren replay

Hedgehunter

• View Profile
« Reply #32152 on: October 02, 2019, 07:49:20 PM »
I see adrain sharvin is doing the senior final, I thought he did very well in the kilcoo burren replay

Any word on who’s doing the intermediate? Or even Junior for that matter?

PTC

• View Profile
« Reply #32153 on: October 02, 2019, 09:15:01 PM »

Any word on who’s doing the intermediate? Or even Junior for that matter?
.no one named yet for junior or intermediate. Gavin finnegan doin the minors

Jim Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #32154 on: October 03, 2019, 12:30:40 AM »
So kilcoo win the league tonight I see  ,must of Been poor enough game, heavy suspensions coming I heard! Did the referee get a dig?
Yes I heard Mr Rice got a dig from a Clonduff player

Back page of Thursday’s  Irish News

downjim

• View Profile
« Reply #32155 on: October 03, 2019, 08:54:51 AM »
Down GAA is in the gutter

SamFever

• View Profile
« Reply #32156 on: October 03, 2019, 09:55:32 AM »
Down GAA is in the gutter
   It's not Down that is in the gutter but the Club concerned.
Who is in charge there?
Barry McGuigan?
They need to take action or they'll be going to the Courts on a more frequent basis after these
last 15months.

The Trap

• View Profile
« Reply #32157 on: October 03, 2019, 10:34:40 AM »
Why did the referee not just walk off the pitch? how did he decide to play on?????

Lotto

• View Profile
« Reply #32158 on: October 03, 2019, 05:53:40 PM »
Two despicable deeds over the last week. A young player goading his opponent over his dead mother and another player assaulting a referee because the same referee had abused him from the other side of the fence in a recent game. Lads, where the hell are we going in Down football?

terrifictommy

• View Profile
« Reply #32159 on: October 03, 2019, 07:53:49 PM »
Two despicable deeds over the last week. A young player goading his opponent over his dead mother and another player assaulting a referee because the same referee had abused him from the other side of the fence in a recent game. Lads, where the hell are we going in Down football?

Lotto, where do you get your info? Surely a referee, quite a seasoned one too, would not abuse a player over the wire - Especially when he knows he will be on a pitch with him at some point. As hard to believe as the tooth fairy. Just don’t see this as having any merit. What it does is try to soften the act.