Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdg

Terrible game tonight but the best team won. Don't think Kilcoo will be worried about performance. Semi finals are all about winning. Special mention for shamrocks brilliant win and great for Newry. Congrats also to Carryduff on winning Div2 a lot off hard work has been done at underage

charlieTully

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on September 28, 2019, 08:32:30 PM
Never mind that... They couldn't get the names of any players right if their lives depended on it....woeful

Feck it. It's free. Saves the petrol the time and the entrance fee. Worth it imo.

Brick Tamlin

Very much so dessie..... Absolutely patsy..... Not forgetting big Damian mcilroys 40th birthday.. Works in the butchers in Mayobridge.... And also Thomas Gutsy(could there ever be a more ill fitting nickname) o hare in grants bar.

I think there were 5 Arthur mcconvilles playing out there at one stage.

urbangael

I'd take a rough guess by saying between kilcoo and clonduff they are probably spending over £50k on outside managers and they serve up that shite! Dear help down football!

Smurfy123

Kilcoo are not near the force they were but fair play they are still the best
The brannigans hold then together and they are having less affect year on year
What I will say is Down club football is crap. CPN are the leading lights.

Last Caress

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on September 28, 2019, 10:10:04 PM
Very much so dessie..... Absolutely patsy..... Not forgetting big Damian mcilroys 40th birthday.. Works in the butchers in Mayobridge.... And also Thomas Gutsy(could there ever be a more ill fitting nickname) o hare in grants bar.

I think there were 5 Arthur mcconvilles playing out there at one stage.
Its free. And fair play to them. If it wasnt streamed you would still complain

Brick Tamlin

Last Caress

Quote from: Smurfy123 on September 28, 2019, 10:21:01 PM
Kilcoo are not near the force they were but fair play they are still the best
The brannigans hold then together and they are having less affect year on year
What I will say is Down club football is crap. CPN are the leading lights.
totally agree. Hard watch tonight

urbangael

I hear the commentary was as good as the game!! In fairness it's good the facility is there especially for people overseas so give the lads a break.

Lotto

Kilcoo the better team, Mc Conville's tap in kept Clonduff in touch but they never pushed on. Like always Kilcoo never panicked knowing they would get the scores but I would have to question Clonduff's tactics. Everyone knows that Kilcoo have issues in their full back line but Clonduff didn't put Arthur inside to test this.

One of the most disturbing but not unsurprising things I was told by several people tonight was that a Kilcoo minor player, county minor from last year and current Kilcoo senior panelist, apparently asked a Mayobridge player during the game how his mother was. The Kilcoo player obviously knew that his Mayobridge opponent's mother had passed away during the year but he felt it appropriate to goad the lad about his mother's death. Why would anyone in the right mind do this or why would any young lad think of saying something sick like this? Kilcoo are full of the dark arts from underage all the way up to senior and there is one man driving it all. Kilcoo have short memories in what this current senior player and ex Down star did to individuals in their club. Scum like this have no place in our games.

Last Caress

champion1981

Quote from: Lotto on September 28, 2019, 10:31:08 PM
Kilcoo the better team, Mc Conville's tap in kept Clonduff in touch but they never pushed on. Like always Kilcoo never panicked knowing they would get the scores but I would have to question Clonduff's tactics. Everyone knows that Kilcoo have issues in their full back line but Clonduff didn't put Arthur inside to test this.

One of the most disturbing but not unsurprising things I was told by several people tonight was that a Kilcoo minor player, county minor from last year and current Kilcoo senior panelist, apparently asked a Mayobridge player during the game how his mother was. The Kilcoo player obviously knew that his Mayobridge opponent's mother had passed away during the year but he felt it appropriate to goad the lad about his mother's death. Why would anyone in the right mind do this or why would any young lad think of saying something sick like this? Kilcoo are full of the dark arts from underage all the way up to senior and there is one man driving it all. Kilcoo have short memories in what this current senior player and ex Down star did to individuals in their club. Scum like this have no place in our games.
what did this so called individual do to ppl in his own club, hope the minor is dealt with /punished, did the referee hear it?

Last Caress

Quote from: Lotto on September 28, 2019, 10:31:08 PM

Not good if true. Difficult to believe this takes place from underage level. Been to loads of underage competitions which kilcoo have attended. Never witness that... and who's the one man. Really? One man instigating all that? Really?

OgraAnDun

Famous Down club in disgusting sledging shocker

Hedgehunter

As for the intermediate games, Darragh must be absolutely sick.. The game should have been over at HT but they kicked wide after wide. Shamrocks hung in there and produced at the right times and looked stronger in the closing stages.

Glenn were very comfortable in the opening 20mins and leading 7-2 at one stage but the johnnies kept chipping away at the scoreboard and brought it level deep into the 2nd half, Glenn got a 2nd wind and finished the stronger with a couple of great points from Brooks and Bagnall to close out the game.

Should be an interesting Final.

I also witnessed the man with the hat take an accidental slap to the chin during the bit of pushing and shoving on the sidelines during the 1st match.. Which started after the booting of the footballs onto the pitch to waste time in the dying embers..