Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotto

terrifictommy

Well done, not many would predict that game with a normally tough defensive blanket. Enjoy the build up for the final.

charlieTully

Quote from: Smurfy123 on September 27, 2019, 09:32:37 PM
Not gonna gloat. All I will say is I hope now you believe me when I say we are a top 4 team

Hard to argue with that performance. Good luck in final

Centre 3/4

The point definitely the most impressive team this year. On paper and on tonight's evidence they're a serious outfit. Should make for a great final with the magpies

Lotto

Quote from: Smurfy123 on September 27, 2019, 09:32:37 PM
Not gonna gloat. All I will say is I hope now you believe me when I say we are a top 4 team

When there were ropey performances in the championship and the drop to the bottom of the league placings you weren't to be heard, as they say you're nothing but a dry day man.

guevara

Superb performance from CPN. The big wide spaces of Pairc Esler did not suit Ballyholland. In truth The Blues had too much pace and power  and the game was over when the first goal went in.

Finally on Paul Falloon. I despair!  He needs to implement the rules of the game. Ballyholland's off the ball shite should have been dealt with and it wasn't. Even when his Linesman informed him of off the ball altercations, he done nothing.
If you can't apply the rules of the game, don't be a Referee.
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

sdg

Brilliant win for CPN, game was over after 10mins, everyone playing well from the start. Ballyholland I would have to question there kickout plan, there was none.....

Lotto

Point were outstanding, well organised with plenty of men back and very threatening up front. Well done Barney.

yewtree

Wow unbelievable performance - Ross McGarry top man 1.11 - guy works so hard - frees out of the hand ,of the ground , 45 ,penalty, from play great playmaker. Strong and fit.
So Point are in the final , the knock on for this in the town is just reward for the vision of Brendan Rice , Fergal McCormick , Bernie Ruane and others.Moygannon will be rocking until Final Day.
John Boyle playing top level football week in week out and a not too bad Gaelic player , he was accommodated so he can play both .This must be template for clubs going forward.
Just can't wait as everyone is saying Point in the final is the peoples favourite. Even Burren men cheering tonight .So let's hope Clonduff join Point tomorrow night - we can't be having Kilcoo in another final. Send them back to the mountains and the sheep.

sdg

Quote from: yewtree on September 27, 2019, 10:55:59 PM
Wow unbelievable performance - Ross McGarry top man 1.11 - guy works so hard - frees out of the hand ,of the ground , 45 ,penalty, from play great playmaker. Strong and fit.
So Point are in the final , the knock on for this in the town is just reward for the vision of Brendan Rice , Fergal McCormick , Bernie Ruane and others.Moygannon will be rocking until Final Day.
John Boyle playing top level football week in week out and a not too bad Gaelic player , he was accommodated so he can play both .This must be template for clubs going forward.
Just can't wait as everyone is saying Point in the final is the peoples favourite. Even Burren men cheering tonight .So let's hope Clonduff join Point tomorrow night - we can't be having Kilcoo in another final. Send them back to the mountains and the sheep.

Yewtree I don't know what Rice has done for CPN, don't remember him taking any teams. Fergal yes off the pitch and Bernie Ruane most definitely put in 10 years or more building that senior team.

supersub

Quote from: befair on September 26, 2019, 09:24:12 PM
Burren vs Rostrevor league game fixed for tomorrow at 7.30pm. Strange conflict with the semi-final in Pairc Esler, especially with Wpt involved

Not that strange. It was fixed for Sat and the two clubs agreed Friday night. Doubt there are too many Point or Harps supporters in either club.

befair

Downpatrick vs Ballyholland in the relegation play-off? Could be a bigger crowd than the county final

thewobbler

Congrats to CPN tonight. Played some wonderful football. They've serious pace and moved it quickly, which is a pretty lethal combination. From 1-15 they were better than us and the score line unfortunately reflected the game accurately. Very impressed with young McCormick, D'Arcy and Rhino.

We will never want to see that video again. It's rare that you get 15 players all on tune but it's even rarer again that you get all 15 completely out of tune. But it happened to us tonight. None of us saw it coming. That wasn't Ballyholland.

Good luck in the final to the Blues.

Smurfy123

When was the last time we had an exciting team like this make the finals. A team all neutrals like and are easy to watch. The defensive crap we have seen this 10 years is hopefully over. This CPN team reminds me of the Mayobridge team back in the day. Bring on the final.

guevara

Kind words Wobbler! 

Your Team an off night snd any time young Loughran got the ball he was too far from goal to have an impact.
Serious game from John Boyle, who I thought Paul Murphy struggled with all night.

The pitch didn't suit The Harps style, too wide  and open , and with the pace in The Point Team there was just too many holes to plug.
Proud Point Man and our style of play was a joy to watch.
Roll on The Final.
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan