Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amallon

Some of you feckers get off that Q101 steaming.  I can't get on.  Must be over loaded.  F :P
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

dundrumite

bridge drew 1-10 to 0-13, 3 down in second half at one stage

amallon

Got to be happy enough with that.  Being 3 points down for most of the game.  Thats our third replay in championship football this year.  We've won all the replays.  Going to miss the replay too, even more raging now! 

gaagaa

5times how did mcmenamin behave?

buglebhoy

think what osin mcconville says in his book about ryan mcmennamin came to light yesterday, straight from kickoff he was in walsh's ear sneering at him and talking shite by the looks of it, walsh missed a 2nd half shot and he jeered straight in his face, to me he looks like an absolute gobshite. thought walsh certainly got the better of him!! the bridge were lucky to come back from that 1st goal but fairplay to them for doing so!! don't know if they'll beat Dromore in the replay, thought Dromore have a wee bit more than the bridge up front and coum mccullagh looks a class act but fair play to brendan rooney, he kept him at bay in the 2nd half!! 

spiritof91and94

Quote from: In the Onion Bag on November 01, 2007, 09:07:57 PM
Just watched the Martin Clarke show.  Jeysus Down need him back big time.   Not just for his personal prowess but more so his appeal and example to our developing youth.

Surely there is some innovative way to match the relatively small amount of £ he gets in Oz.  I'm not advocating professionalism but in the past other counties found clever ways of attracting their very special stars back from foreign climes (Mr McGuigan for example). 

Martin is a wee bit extra special and I would love to see him back in the Red & Black, but I suspect the notion of finding a way of enticing him home is beyond the stripy tank-top, cap wearing Down administration.

I have heard that the earful Marty got from that thing choc brannigan against Kilcoo would make even McMenamin look like a saint - then what would you expect from a pig?

uptheford

I have heard that the earful Marty got from that thing choc brannigan against Kilcoo would make even McMenamin look like a saint - then what would you expect from a pig?
[/quote]

Choc Branagan is a dam good player! Jealously will get you no-where!!

stiffler

On the way home from the game yesterday we had a debate as to who was the better gaelic player at the minute, Marty Clarke or Benny the Great.

Both have had fantastic games for their clubs recently (Clarke v Kilcoo and Benny v Bryansford) and both were star players on their respective minor all ireland winning teams. What do yous reckon?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

amallon

I think its going to be very hard to say which was better as we aren't going to see much of Martin Clarke in a Down jersey for a long time.  Could Benny have made it in Australia when he was Martin Clarkes age?  Yes in my opinnion.  I have no doubt if he'd been scouted as a 19 year old he'd have been a big star in Australia by now.  Both lads are extremley gifted.  If Down had the two of them playing at the same time we wouldn't be ranked so lowly.  One can only dream...

the milkman

Quote from: stiffler on November 05, 2007, 08:29:25 PM
On the way home from the game yesterday we had a debate as to who was the better gaelic player at the minute, Marty Clarke or Benny the Great.

Both have had fantastic games for their clubs recently (Clarke v Kilcoo and Benny v Bryansford) and both were star players on their respective minor all ireland winning teams. What do yous reckon?

Benny is frickin lethal and one of the top forwards in Ireland, no doubt. However Clarke is a special talent and would have gone on to become one of the greats!!!!!!!!!!! and its a pity for Down he is away becoming a star in OZ, but fair play to him

Brick Tamlin

Clarke is the ultimate playmaker while Benny is the ultimate Assassin.
You cant compare them to be honest.

the milkman

I seen on H.S. that mc veigh and colgan have left the panel. due a row with Ross the boss, anybody here about it? is it true?

Hope for Down's sake its a load keek, bad sign to be falling out in November!!!!!!!!!

spiritof91and94

Quote from: the milkman on November 06, 2007, 08:34:06 AM
I seen on H.S. that mc veigh and colgan have left the panel. due a row with Ross the boss, anybody here about it? is it true?

Hope for Down's sake its a load keek, bad sign to be falling out in November!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, got it first hand from a panellist.
An Riocht had a dinner on Friday night and were gave the ultimatum from Ross - dont train - dont comeback.
A bit OTT for early November.

downredblack

Maybe they mean business from the start this year , don't think the Bridge boys would be told not to come back  if training clashed with one of their functions  . Is this the second time Colgan and Ross have not seen eye to eye ?

T O Hare

Quote from: downredblack on November 06, 2007, 11:47:34 AM
Maybe they mean business from the start this year , don't think the Bridge boys would be told not to come back  if training clashed with one of their functions  . Is this the second time Colgan and Ross have not seen eye to eye ?

At last years dinner dance the BRIDGE BOYS had to play a challenge match agianst Meath somewhere down the country, they came back to our dinner when it was over, Ronan sexton recieved player of the year bur noel had to pick it up for him!!!!!!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"