Author Topic: Down Club Hurling & Football  (Read 5298101 times)

Smurfy123

• View Profile
Re: Down Club Hurling & Football
« Reply #30015 on: July 28, 2018, 12:47:25 AM »
The league is hotting up now. I will tell you what that Rostrevor team have made some improvements this year. We destroyed them at the start of the year but tonight they looked very good. Anyone know has Devlin woke up yet

downjim

• View Profile
« Reply #30016 on: July 28, 2018, 09:31:14 AM »
Did the new Down coach leave the buses at home last night?

Eye gouging is the worst thing Iíve ever seen and it was brutal on Thursday night. A disgrace!

JimmyFloydMay123

• View Profile
« Reply #30017 on: July 28, 2018, 05:45:27 PM »

Eye gouging is the worst thing Iíve ever seen and it was brutal on Thursday night. A disgrace!

Guessing youíre talking about Poacher here and Ballyholland who where at home to the bridge so your point is irrelevant, clown.

downjim

• View Profile
« Reply #30018 on: July 28, 2018, 07:01:28 PM »
Yes the Bridge , they are hardly the Harlem Globetrotters

whitegoodman

• View Profile
« Reply #30019 on: July 28, 2018, 07:50:37 PM »

Guessing youíre talking about Poacher here and Ballyholland who where at home to the bridge so your point is irrelevant, clown.

I may be wrong but I think he was referring to the fact that they were well beaten and mustnít have parked the bus as they usually would.

Besides I will be well surprised if he is the new Down coach.

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #30020 on: July 28, 2018, 08:56:19 PM »
Too many coaches and buses being mentioned. Itís hard to follow what anything means.

charlieTully

• View Profile
« Reply #30021 on: July 28, 2018, 09:13:43 PM »
Too many coaches and buses being mentioned. Itís hard to follow what anything means.

It's all a bit augher clougher fivemiletown

Smurfy123

• View Profile
« Reply #30022 on: July 28, 2018, 10:26:49 PM »
Jesus it is a strange one. I do think Poacher is the best coach in Down football but looking at results lately they struggle against decent teams. Laois beat Carlow 3 times last year. This is the same Laois that Down hammered under McCartan and McCorry. Looking through Ballyhollands championship record they have failed to beat Kilcoo Burren Castlewellan Mayobridge Clonduff Bryansford Downpatrick in 5 years. Possibly the top 7 teams in Down. Whitegoodman what is your thoughts?

Smurfy123

• View Profile
« Reply #30023 on: July 28, 2018, 10:31:27 PM »
They may have beaten Clonduff

Smurfy123

• View Profile
« Reply #30024 on: July 28, 2018, 11:12:57 PM »
Any word on Devlin? Last seen running down milltown street. Eye gouging has no place in football in this county. Itís time referees stud up to these Kilcoo players. Any truth Devlin is all talk no substance?

whitegoodman

• View Profile
« Reply #30025 on: July 28, 2018, 11:19:58 PM »
Poucher is undoubtably a talented coach and motivator who can organise a team.  He is still to convince if he can take a team to the next level of being an attacking force against decent teams.

If there is little money about then he is probably the best option available within the county (despite the sideline antics).  I happen to think that he has no chance while the man in the hat is still around.

If there is money (which I think there is), Iíd much prefer one of Tally, Devlin or McEntee.....In that order!!

Smurfy123

• View Profile
« Reply #30026 on: July 29, 2018, 12:08:13 AM »
Poacher I would be happy with no doubt but what is Mulhollands reason for going for the job? Whitegoodman does he have any hope of getting the job? McGuinness I see linked to Cavan

rosskarr

• View Profile
« Reply #30027 on: July 29, 2018, 10:32:17 AM »
Poucher is undoubtably a talented coach and motivator who can organise a team.  He is still to convince if he can take a team to the next level of being an attacking force against decent teams.

If there is little money about then he is probably the best option available within the county (despite the sideline antics).  I happen to think that he has no chance while the man in the hat is still around.

If there is money (which I think there is), Iíd much prefer one of Tally, Devlin or McEntee.....In that order!!
   Who is Devlin?

whitegoodman

• View Profile
« Reply #30028 on: July 29, 2018, 11:27:00 AM »
Tyrone coach, apparently interested in taking the job

rosskarr

• View Profile
« Reply #30029 on: July 29, 2018, 04:02:34 PM »
Tyrone coach, apparently interested in taking the job

What is Devlinís first name ?
  Mickey Donnelly ex Bridge manager and current Derry U20 manager and one of the Managers from St Ronanís Lurgan is worth pursuing.