Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dundrumite

any word on how the div2 final and relegation play off went?

Cloc Mor

Bacon

Quote from: Square Ball on October 21, 2007, 07:02:32 PM
Bredagh drew today,

Bredagh 0-12 to 2-6 Setanta

Well done Bredagh in the ulster semi. Setanta are a very strong side. Who was the better team on the day? Good luck for the replay. Pity about Ballycran but I always thought they'd missed the chance in the first game.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

DownFanatic

Glasdrumman and Banbridge drew in the Division 2 Relegation playoff and it looks like they'll have to go at it again.

amallon

If you don't hate the Bridge and have 10 mins to spare check out the highlights of our season so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CO1hgWXcfk

P.S. I do know how to spell believing.  Raging I missed it.  :(

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

amallon

Dan Gordan is the Down captain for the year.  Ronan Sexton is vice captain.  Can anyone confirm?

umpire

Been reading lots of posters and newspapers saying that Longstone is a young side and will be back provide strong challenge to Bridge next year.
If you look at Final's match programme, the Bridge average age is 24.5 while the Stone is 24.8. Bridge are a younger side than Stone.
Think Div 2 side Bryansford and Rostrevor with new manager will be threat to Bridge 5 in a row

amallon

Umpire – I have seen enough from the Stone this season to suggest they will be serious contenders next season again.  Kilcoo will be there or there abouts as well.  I had the Ford down as contenders this year but playing out of division 2 next year will take the edge off them. They need to sort out whatever problems they have that caused their relegation, from what I saw of them they were too good to go down.  I was really impressed with the Kingdom the other night but I don't know how much of their performance was down to us playing crap.  I'll reserve judgment on them.

Brick Tamlin

amallon your correct in your assumptions on the captain & vice captain for county panel afaik

downredblack

Think Dan will do well as Capt. Thought  Rooney coming  straight into the team as Capt. was strange to say the least .

spiritof91and94

Quote from: amallon on October 22, 2007, 11:07:27 AM
If you don't hate the Bridge and have 10 mins to spare check out the highlights of our season so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CO1hgWXcfk

P.S. I do know how to spell believing.  Raging I missed it.  :(

Didnt see the Kingdom performance on it!

amallon

spirit - I was wondering how long it would be before someone brought that up.  The Kingdom performance would have turned the video into a horror show!

southdown

The bridge X factor video is quality stuff, near wet myself!

Square Ball

Whats the craic with the Kilcoo boys, are they playing on Friday night? I heard that they are refusing to field due to the 10 being suspended?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

spiritof91and94

Quote from: southdown on October 22, 2007, 06:38:12 PM
The bridge X factor video is quality stuff, near wet myself!

The young lad O'Hare dancing while delirious was even better!!!!!