Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crice123

What exactly does Cathal Murray do on the line apart from give off and turn referees against us!

saulzer

Murray's job is to get as many ex-St Colman's players onto the team as he possibly can.

Smurfy123

Cork were not much better?

They could have scored another 2 goals
Did Down have a shot at goal?

Cork won ever long kickouts
Cork midfielders run through at ease time and time again

Murray and Adams train the team from what I hear
With the quality Down have on the pitch it's hard to explain so many poor performances under Burns
1 big win against Monaghan does not cut it for me I look at the bigger picture and his tenure to date has been diabolical to say the least.When will the county board wake up and smell the coffee here

thewobbler

Quote from: saulzer on February 05, 2018, 12:59:08 PM
Murray's job is to get as many ex-St Colman's players onto the team as he possibly can.

4 starters yesterday from the county's most successful footballing school. Really worth getting your knickers in a twist over?

Same number as started the AIF in 1994 by the way.

Lecale Gael

Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 05, 2018, 01:12:37 PM
Cork were not much better? AGREE

With the quality Down have on the pitch it's hard to explain so many poor performances under Burns
1 big win against Monaghan does not cut it for me I look at the bigger picture and his tenure to date has been diabolical to say the least.When will the county board wake up and smell the coffee here
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

Lecale Gael

Quote from: saulzer on February 05, 2018, 12:59:08 PM

wise up lol

stiff breeze

Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 05, 2018, 01:12:37 PM
Cork were not much better?

Ill answer that with an earlier post from you .......

Mooney 8 Downs best player went direct and could have had a goal good game

smh

urbangael

Only a handful of the players looked up for the game against Cork. Miller,  mooney and Ohagan had a real go. Doherty and the 2 inside forwards also tried hard. The rest showed a serious lack of spirit. One does have to wonder does this come from management. Burns doesn't look very animated along the line. I wonder how he motivates a team 😕

Smurfy123

Lack of motivation looked the possible low level performance
Are we any better than when Jim McCrory left us 3 years ago?
Why is Kevin McKernan not starting?

ardtole

I'd say there is a degree of experimentation I'd fully expect McKernan to start come the championship. As long as down stay up this year I'd be happy enough. Promotion would be a  poisoned chalice for whoever goes up this year.

Smurfy123

You would be happy enough to stay in division 2?Why would that be?
That's what's wrong we are happy enough in this division
You not see Andy McEntee coming out saying he wants Meath big on the big stage playing the big boys
Look at Galway this year
Happy enough in division 2 playing the likes of Clare Tipp Cavan Louth Meath no thanks
Have any of the above have a prayers chance of winning at provincial level?
But hey happy enough to stay in division 2

snoopdog

Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 06, 2018, 03:09:26 PM
You not see Andy McEntee coming out saying he wants Meath big on the big stage playing the big boys
Look at Galway this year
Happy enough in division 2 playing the likes of Clare Tipp Cavan Louth Meath no thanks
Maybe you didn't see our last performance in Div 1. Down are light years behind what's up there. Galway tanked us last year. We are at our level. Could you honestly pick out 1 fixture if we were in Div 1 and say we would win? I can't in Div 2. We are that inconsistent. But that's always been an issue with Down in my life time.

Lecale Gael

Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 06, 2018, 03:09:26 PM
Look at Galway this year

its what we are capable of. and at the present time we are a division 2 side. we would come straight back down if promoted.

you are very dismissive of Tipp cavan clare and meath.
Tipp and cavan especially have had strong u21s in recent years. Down haven't in a long time, 10 years in fact. don't get 'happy to' confused with 'resigned to'....

Smurfy123

Down are never going to improve unless we get back into division 1
Was not that long ago when we were better than Kildare Galway Monaghan and the like
Now we are all happy to stay safe in division 1
I bet you the Kilcoo lads would not just be happy to stay in division 2
Always the losers mentality in Down
We beat a crap Armagh team and Monaghan last year and we all sing and rejoice about a great year
No word of the hammerings to Kildare Galway Tyrone Monaghan Clare and Fermanagh

Down4sam2020

A crap Armagh team ? Yet still Reached the last 8.