Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Targetman on December 14, 2017, 01:25:53 PM
Aye right, another sensible contribution from yourself, u16's shouldn't have to pay in and I think we're paying enough for the quality of championship games on offer, anyone agree?

Correct, tbey're expensive enough already.

downjim

If you look at the pricing of championship games compared to other sports in Ulster then you will realise they are reasonable.  People are taking advantage of the concessions.

Down gaa are hardly making a fortune, every penny counts

Lecale Gael

Some u16s only go to the game with their mum or dad cos they get in free. what may happen is they may not go(or parent may not bring them), then the parent(s) might decide not to go

Might not have the effect they hope for.....
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

Hedgehunter

Quote from: Lecale Gael on December 14, 2017, 03:47:36 PM
Some u16s only go to the game with their mum or dad cos they get in free. what may happen is they may not go(or parent may not bring them), then the parent(s) might decide not to go

This.....

thewobbler

Quote from: Lecale Gael on December 14, 2017, 03:47:36 PM

I'm thinking the same.

If you're at a championship match and all you can see is empty spaces in a stand, then a price hike probably isn't the solution.

I'd also think it a worthwhile experiment for the county board to shelve Thursday, Friday and Monday championship matches and run (in the earlier rounds) fixtures side-by-side across the county in smaller grounds in the plum slots of Saturday evening, Sunday afternoon and Sunday evening.

Okay they'd lose out on a few hundred die hards who like to go to as many matches as possible, but convenience in terms of time and location can surely only boost gates among club members and local communities.

Frankly I've no idea why they would expect a large crowd from Carryduff to make a 6.30 Thursday throw-in in Newcastle, or a large crowd from Liatroim to make a 6.30 Thursday throw-in in Newry. Whether we like it or not, modern lives are too busy for that sort of caper.

Down4sam2020

What is Sean og thinking ? Charging the youth to see their local heroes , wise up Sean og ...
The next thing all the youth will have to take their passports or he'll syart yapping about losing out on his £2.

johnneycool

Quote from: Down4sam2020 on December 14, 2017, 06:47:17 PM
What is Sean og thinking ? Charging the youth to see their local heroes , wise up Sean og ...
The next thing all the youth will have to take their passports or he'll syart yapping about losing out on his £2.

Is this actually a serious proposal?

gaaman2016

Sure why don't the clubs increase admission to home games and charge U16's aswell ::)

Smurfy123

What other sport let's under 16s in for nothin?
And don't throw the amateur status at me as it is far from that.
I think he has a point

Targetman

His proposals were to charge u14's £2, u18's £5, scrap student concessions and increase the admission to championship club games, and maybe with all this extra revenue they could afford a decent PA system at Park Esler!

thewobbler

Quote from: Smurfy123 on December 15, 2017, 03:10:18 PM
What other sport let's under 16s in for nothin?
And don't throw the amateur status at me as it is far from that.
I think he has a point

Smurfy we are talking about club games. It is the sport's secondary competition after County games. Let's remember that. Some games are of a high standard and involve supreme players , many genuinely are not, and some involve players who train no harder than under-6s.

You won't pay as an under 16 into any club rugby match.

Newry City charge precisely £0 for a season ticket for under 16s.

Does anyone pay in to watch hockey?

Tell me. What are the second tier and/or amateur sports in Ireland that under 16s do pay to watch?

Smurfy123

Fair point Wobbler.
I was thinking all National League matches under 16s £2 but not club games
Even at that is it asking to much?

crice123

Charge the youngsters in and less of them will go. Let them in free and numbers will increase. Simple!

charlieTully

Quote from: crice123 on December 15, 2017, 06:00:33 PM
Charge the youngsters in and less of them will go. Let them in free and numbers will increase. Simple!

he would be as well adding the 2 quid onto an adult fare sure its parents that are going to be handing money over to the under 16s to pay in anyway.