Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

Longstone have the tools to give Mayobridge their biggest challenge in the final since 2003, but it's difficult not to see the Sky Blue prevailing all the same. The Sky Blues have a better team and would in all likelihood win a straight game of football.

For the 'Stone to win, I would suggest they will need to stop Mayobridge's big three, also stop the Sky Blues scoring goals and then take them on in a point-scoring only contest. It's almost impossible to stop Mayobridge scoring goals though. I wonder if Longstone have the ability to abandon their attacking flair for the day and:

- Leave a poisonously quick and isolated three man forward line of Kelly, Poland and Stevie Doran.
- Send Mark Doran out with only one job for the day, to cancel out Ronan Sexton. Where Sexton goes, Doran goes.
- Play each of the other five defenders in the full-back line, three playing deeper to break down the inevitable high ball onslaught, two playing in front to collect the breaks.
- Have a remit of immediately fouling Benny should he get past the first defender.
- Be prepared to use all five subs in defence as the yellow cards tot up.
- Play the three half-forwards as the half-back line, with a remit of putting pressure on anyone taking long-range shots.
- On gaining possessioin, play the ball in first time, every time, to that forward line.
- Use the fitness and pace of Trimble and Rogers to support the three forwards. Everyone else stays put.

up down

Quote from: dundrumite on October 04, 2007, 10:27:57 PM
Quote from: up down on October 04, 2007, 04:20:17 PM
Stop having a winge, ur obviously from the mighty ford! i hope u's go down, ure a bunch of posers aswell :-*   i think u might be having a relationship with townie, fight your own battles dont get other 3rd parties involved, if down are to get better they must ban all bryansford players. ne thoughts?
Quote from: spiritof91and94 on October 02, 2007, 11:32:22 AM
Quote from: up down on October 01, 2007, 11:17:54 PM
i agree with south down for once in that young gibney should get chance. also heard rumors that ciaran rogers from the 'stone was asked to join the county panel, a nippy defender with a good work ethic but can be a bit yella at times.
from the squad that has been announced its lookin like another depressing year from down, the players arent there not the managements fault.
bryansford are the worst team in division 1 apart from attical their performance the other day was terrible. castlewellan should just give up aswell, bunch of posers!

Who to fu~k are you and where did you come in from?

Did you think that any particular squad was going to change things? We all know the problems are out there.

Just because Bryansford had a bad day it doesnt make them the worst team - they had 21 points usually enough to see you safe but with the league being so tight this year it went to the wire with Castlewellan getting a great win against the County Finalists Longstone to finish with 22 points - if Bryansford are as bad as a p***k like you is stating then just give mayobridge the cup today as Longstone wont be a threat at all especially with a 'yella corner back' in their team.
I know we had a bad day on Saturday and stated it here but we arent gone yet - Saturday is the biggest test for Bryansford in a long time and I will be confident of a result.
As for Castlewellan being posers perhaps Townie could reply to that one.

My only thought is your a shit stirrring p***k who should piss off to the hogan stand if you insist in posting complete unproductive bollocks.

Theres no need for bad language, maybe u should take ur own advice and defect to the hogan stand, i se you are from dundrum- that says it all! typical east down autocratic nonsense!

up down

i agree with others in that i dont c how longstone winning will be good for the county team. crossmaglen have dominated the armagh championship to a greater extent than mayobridge in down and they won an all-ireland in that time and numerous ulster titles. i do hope longstone win though they are a good footballing team but i think the bridge will have an off day if this is to happen.

ne thoughts on the sfc powerade all-stars? hows this for a try:

peter travers- b'ford

ciaran rogers- l'stone
michael higgins- l'stone
ryan carville- l'island

luke howard-b'ford
kevin mckernan- burren
james mcgovern- burren

dan gordon- l'island
ambrose rogers- l'stone

john mccarthy- l'island
mark poland- l'stone
mickey walsh- mayobridge

ronan sexton- mayobridge
benny coulter- mayobridge
connor gribben- b'ford

might not play in those exact postions but are the best 15 from the championship so far.

mournerambler

To that tube called 'up down',this is a gaa themed site aimed @ its members debating some sensible points of view & it normally works very well.Then you come along & start stirring the s_ _t & have the cheek to then slag of dundrumite & for using bad language (hardly the worst language i have read on this site may i add),i would think our east down members may also feel a bit agrieved @ your outburst,grow up & take dundrumite's advice.(p.s. hope my language pleases you)

southdown

Wobbler, think you are spot on there.

townof12

shows what you know - james mcgovern didnt even play in this years championship as he spent the summer in the states!

dundrumite

Quote from: townof12 on October 05, 2007, 09:19:55 PM
shows what you know - james mcgovern didnt even play in this years championship as he spent the summer in the states!

In your box up down, u seem to be a knowledgeable Down geal. :o

Hopefully a good final ahead of us on sunday. Hope longstone dont play as the wobbler predicts it would make for a foul ridden congested game which will be uneasy on the eye. But if thats what it takes for Longstone to win im sure the gaels from mourne couldnt care less, well heres wishing for a good open game of football which with going out on television will help to restore a bit of pride back in down football.

amallon

southdown - Don't be slagging off the county board on this "rogue" discussion board.  I get the blame for everything that you boys write on this thread.  Every comment thats made on here is my fault!  Apparently I started this thread even though I didn't, I get the blame for everything!  ::)

stpauls - You are an "arsehole" for some reason.  But don't worry about it because I'm an "arsehole writing on a rogue discussion board" too!  :-\

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Lecale2

Am I an arsehole too? I started the thread.

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

amallon

Its probably safe to say we are all arseholes!  ;D  My only saving grace is that I put my own name to my posts.  You boys hiding behind pyseudonames are even bigger arseholes than me apparently!  ;D
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

southdown

Has the board been getting more grief from CB???

passedit

tullylish beat Saul
Dundrum beat Bredagh.
Banbridge beat Warrenpoint.

Tullylish and dundrum promoted from Div three, Glassdrumman Banbridge and Warrenpoint must go again.

St Pauls you'd better change your name, we don't want the whole club being persecuted just cause you're an arsehole.  :D :D
Don't Panic

stpauls

passedit

DOWN COUNTY BOARD ACT DECISIVELY FOLLOWING 2O07 RULE BOOK MISTAKE

Don't Panic