Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloc Mor

Sense would say that there would have to be a playoff, but sense is something lacking in our County Board. 

I heard recently that quite a number of clubs have been fined for having more than 24 players on their panel for championship games.  Are the County Board so broke they have to fine clubs for this?  A really stupid rule at any level and even county teams are allowed to strip more than 24 players.

Our Nail Loney

Am stuck in work here mo cant get near a phone but take your fellas number off in case someone who shouldnt get it takes it down!!!

stpauls

has anyone heard anything with regards to Drungath's appeal to the CCC? the meeting was yesterday evening and we still haven't heard anything with regards to what was decided!!

southdown

Indeed Cloc Mor, I think we have been fined twice now this year, its a joke, its quite a low and miserable thing to do the County's own clubs.

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

RESULT: JFC

Bosco 2-11 Drumaness 0-02 (HT Bosco 1-03, Drumaness 0-02)
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Our Nail Loney

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Yep, just heard from Gerry Quinn

Our Nail Loney

Cheers, lucky I didn.t get a price then because my cousins all play for St Micks and they thought Drumaness were cert's!

Was talking to fella from the Bosco today earlier think they got 9/4 before the championship so nice earner for them!!

Square Ball

was there a mass brawl at the end?

Square Ball

So that point made all the difference then!!!!

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Intermediate final - half-time

Ballymartin 0-2 Downpatrick 0-5

RESULT

Ballymartin 0-09 Downpatrick 0-12

Square Ball

fair play to Bosco, wonder if Boscomo will be capable of typing later on?

Whitehair

I was told the IHC score was

Ballycran 5.15 Ballygalget 1.7

The competition turned into a bit of a joke after the senior championship was played. James Coyle scored about 10 points when crans beat shamrocks earlier in the comp and then he played senior champ, while 4-5 of ballygalgets best 2nds played in the senior final ruling them out of todays game.

Bacon

Ballycran beat Ballygalget 5-16 to 1-07 in a one-sided IHC final in Portaferry yesterday. Both teams were missing the big players that had got them to the final but Ballcran clearly didn't miss theirs as much. Ballygalget were very poor throughout and the game was effectively over by half time when Ballycran went in leading by 7. 
Some of the Galgets tactics were questionable with off the ball striking and they were lucky not to have had more than one sent off. The teams finished 14 aside after a 30 man brawl 10 minutes into the second half. That was about the most exciting part of the game. Still Ballycran will be delighted to have won their first IHC in 10 years, following on from the SHC win last week.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009