Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mourne gael

if somethings for you' it will not pass you by.....

wobbller

Square Ball

along with the clubs they play for!!
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

mourne gael

would take all day... few new faces. c.magee and brendan rooney mayobrigde' anthony devlin'gary mc avoy' kilcoo. luke howard' joe ireland' bryansford' jame's colgan an'riocht darragh mc neel warrenpoint'' pluggey barry mayobrigde shaun parr rostrevor....
if somethings for you' it will not pass you by.....

wobbller

Are you on the panel yourself?

Glensman

Any word on whether Clarke is being lined up to play on Sunday or not.

I for one would head down to see it if he was.

Lecale2

Hope he is. The Kingdom need him.

passedit

Notwithstanding the understandable silence of our Drumgath posters, I hear they're definitely not fielding on saturday, CCC meeting called instead. Expect Drumgath to go to Ulster council and win.
Don't Panic

mournerambler

just wondering what is the issue surrounding drumgath? 

passedit

Quote from: mournerambler on September 28, 2007, 09:12:56 AM
just wondering what is the issue surrounding drumgath? 

Drumgath finished fourth from bottom in Div 3.

The rule book states that relegation from Div should be decided by a bottom three playoff. The County board are adamant that since the division expanded to 12 teams there should be a four team playoff and that the failure to amend the rules was an oversight.

Drumgath feel that the rule book takes precedence, I find it hard to see how the Ulster council will disagree with them. Bright have already been relegated by virtue of the 30% rule while St Pauls have beaten Mitchels in the first playoff, going by the rules as they're written that should be the end of it, I suspect it won't be though.

Don't Panic

stpauls

Quote from: wobbller on September 28, 2007, 10:57:27 AM
What's the issue re. Drumgath?

wobbller, read passedit's last post, explains it all!

6th sam

I'm not from Drumgath,and us and them have had our fair share of battles over the years,but on this occasion I think its scandalous that they have been dragged into playoffs.
The Drumgath team played out the last few fixtures safe in the knowledge that they were in no danger of dropping into the bottom 3 ,then the goalposts are shifted.
Apart altogether from the fact that this is unfair if its against the rule book,it is a kick in the teeth to a Drumgath team who provided 3 players to the county seniors this year.
Look at their results at the start of the season when they had those players available,compared to the disastrous impact on their own player strength and morale when the lads became unavailable.
This again highlights an unfair league system that needs changed.
In the meantime-if there are any Drumgath posters on this site,I genuinely hope your current situation is sorted out fairly.

stpauls

6th Sam, i too think it is unfair on them as the rules clearly state it was the bottom 3, and with Bright not making the 30% rule, it left us and Mitchells to play of.
then there was the fact we were told that if we beat Mitchells last sunday, we would be safe in div 3, and the loser would play Drumgath, with the winners of that being safe and the losers relegated. then, on tuesday we were told that it was now a round robin situation and if Mitchells beat Drumgath this saturday, though that is now not happening, that we had to play Drumgath next weekend. never mind the goalposts being moved, they were taken down! it now leaves us in limbo not knowing what as happening, and this could drag on for months, leaving us with what could possibly be a 10,11 or 12 month season. by the time we could finish this season, it will be pre-season already.

boscomo

hopefully the powers to be will sort this mess out but looking at it at a football point of veiw Drumgath must be kicking themselves that they got into this position. yes they do have 3 county players and when they lost them to county commitments results didnt go their way but surely to god they have another 18/19/20 odd players on their panal who can get results in the 3rd div.
Teams in my point of veiw who have players on a county panal should be busting their gut to keep their team afloat and away from relegation. When we played drumgath in the meadow with i think 3 games to play Jackie Lynch worked his socks of to drag his team through to win a game they needed to but alas he didnt have the players around him. Drumagth are too good a team to be hovering over a relegation decider or indeed an official decesion on where they play their football next season.I have had many a good battle with the Drumgath boys over the years as a player and i hope they never get into this situation again.a lot has been posted but its time the players done the talking.

if in doubt eat it

stpauls

Mo,

there shouldn't be anything to sort out if the bye laws were abided by and we should be safe after beating Mitchells on sunday past, but sure, it is the county board we are talking about here!!

Good luck to your boys on Sunday by the way!!