Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Hardy

Plenty of effort last night, but not enough quality forwards to hurt Kildare.. Murphy and Millar give 100% but not enough of an attacking threat, I'd swap Jerome for Millar, and PD for Murphy. And play Mc Parland (when/if he's back) with Turley in MF. Leaves Carr to come off the bench for Turley for last 15mins.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Smurfy123 on March 19, 2017, 08:06:47 AM
Yes I'd be of the feeling that the management will step down at the end of the year and it will probably be a relief for him after a torrid 19 months in the job.
I was thinking Deegans to step up from 21s but not now
It's quite amazing the lack of scorer forwards who started that game
Take o hagen out how many of our other 5 forwards or 2 midfielders actually threatened the Kildare defence?
With the exception of Mooney we had very little else alll over the field
And that was us full out last night except for JJ and Paul Devlin Donal o Hare?
Anyword on Paul Devlin I seen him kicking about at half time?
Any updates on Donal O Hare?
I hate harping on about it but the PR team in this county need to step up to the plate.
1500 people at last nights game any wonder.2-3 seasons ago we probably would be getting an average of 4000 at home games

Attendances are way down in almost every county outside division 1 at least.

illdecide

Folks i'm looking for a challenge game for U16 level (North Armagh) with a Div 1 team in Down...possibly in South/West of the County. If any of you have any contacts for any decent Division 1 team give me a PM...Thanks.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Smurfy123

Down v Galway Sunday
This is a game we can win if we go at them
Get the ball into O Hagen and Johnstone and they will destroy that Galway full back line
Same team as Saturday with Johnstone coming in for Millar?
Devlin in for Carr/Turley?
Any word on the injured lads
Can't wait for Sunday I have a good feeling about this game
Down 3-10
Galway 1-12

SamFever

Quote from: Smurfy123 on March 21, 2017, 06:24:16 PM
Down v Galway Sunday
Get the ball into O Hagen and Johnstone and they will destroy that Galway full back line
Down 3-10
Galway 1-12
Smurfy you're in a really positive mood tonight.

stiff breeze

Quote from: Smurfy123 on March 21, 2017, 06:24:16 PM
Down v Galway Sunday
Down 3-10
Galway 1-12

So you want change the tirelessly working half forward for an out and out score getter and a physical midfielder for a half forward . Genius

Smurfy123

I would like to see a change from a low scoring half forward for an out and out scoring machine who has proved it at the highest level
I would also like to see a more attacking player replace a more defensive midfielder tontry get more scores.(it's not as if we are not getting cleaved out here anyway so why not try a more attacking player)
We are the third worst scoring team in Ireland so I don't think looking for 2 more attacking players is really that bad?

stiff breeze

The first two games there wasn't much evidence of a system in place , since then it's fairly evident imo that Mc Kernan  is now a full time sweeper with Murphy and Millar working the wings and closing ball carriers down . Turley and Carr provide that physical barrier at midfield too . The 5 guys in them positions are the best available for their respective roles ATM .

Smurfy123

What physical barrier would that be?
Did you not see the Kildare midfield running through on Saturday night
We have Mckernan Murphy Turley Millar Carr and Maginn all dropping deep into our own defence would it not be better to get on more attacking players?
We are hardly playing the big boys in this division.Yes keep Mckernan Carr/Turley Murphy sweeping but let's add something going forward to help out o hagen and the odd time Johnstone

stiff breeze

Quote from: Smurfy123 on March 22, 2017, 05:20:57 PM
What physical barrier would that be?
Did you not see the Kildare midfield running through on Saturday night
We have Mckernan Murphy Turley Millar Carr and Maginn all dropping deep into our own defence would it not be better to get on more attacking players?
We are hardly playing the big boys in this division.Yes keep Mckernan Carr/Turley Murphy sweeping but let's add something going forward to help out o hagen and the odd time Johnstone

No I didn't ,

And yes we are playing the big boys at our level so to sacrifice defence for attack against them only goes 1 way in my eyes. The only player I see making way for Jerome is Ryan

Smurfy123

Why would you take of a scoring threat in Ryan?
Jerome Ryan Barry are our only score getters
Take into account Mooney scored a lovely couple of points on Saturday night
I'm not haven a go at any player here I just think we need more scoring forwards on Sunday?

SHEEDY

Quote from: Smurfy123 on March 22, 2017, 05:50:33 PM
I'm not haven a go at any player here I just think we need more scoring forwards on Sunday?
100% smurfy. why would you take one of the best players in the county from the team? ryan and jerome need to start, paul devlin should be starting. mark poland needs to be getting more than 3/4 mimutes at the end. barry o hagan is the only scoring threat playing, your not going to win too many games playing like that. murphy and millar are honest players but offer very little on the scoreboard.
nil satis nisi optimum

rosskarr

Quote from: SHEEDY on March 22, 2017, 06:11:31 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on March 22, 2017, 05:50:33 PM
100% smurfy. why would you take one of the best players in the county from the team? ryan and jerome need to start, paul devlin should be starting. mark poland needs to be getting more than 3/4 mimutes at the end. barry o hagan is the only scoring threat playing, your not going to win too many games playing like that. murphy and millar are honest players but offer very little on the scoreboard.
It'd be useful to see listed who has contributed to our scoring since the start of the League. We had been scoring well in the Mickey Mouse Cup.

Smurfy123

I would think Barry O Hagan tops the scoring then Ryan Johnstone with Darragh O Hanlon probably third.Mooney would be fourth with 4-5 points then your are talking 1-2 points from Maginn Murphy Miller Carr McKernan.
6-7 points scored from our Midfield and half forward line in 5 games is a worrying statistic
Look at the Dublin half forward line in Connolly McMenimum and Flynn they would be looking 1-6 per game from those 3 plus they have a solid defence
I'm not saying we are anywhere near Dublin but I just feel we need to add something going forward this weekend

thewobbler

Quote from: Smurfy123 on March 23, 2017, 08:46:25 AM
I would think Barry O Hagan tops the scoring then Ryan Johnstone with Darragh O Hanlon probably third.Mooney would be fourth with 4-5 points then your are talking 1-2 points from Maginn Murphy Miller Carr McKernan.
6-7 points scored from our Midfield and half forward line in 5 games is a worrying statistic
Look at the Dublin half forward line in Connolly McMenimum and Flynn they would be looking 1-6 per game from those 3 plus they have a solid defence
I'm not saying we are anywhere near Dublin but I just feel we need to add something going forward this weekend

What's that saying about not comparing yourself to others, for you'll only become vain or bitter?

If you're looking to draw comparisons, do it with D2 teams. Or even D1 teams that aren't Dublin!