Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OgraAnDun

Quote from: cut the crap on October 10, 2016, 07:50:59 PM
Galahead are you  reading what they are writing about your club Burren, seems some posters on here might have your measure, regards Kilcoo they have won 5 in a row ,have Burren achieved this in the past

Yeah, they won 6 in a row actually.

super reds 99

Eny word how kilcoos appeal went last night for the lad who was sent off in the county final

CHB1

Can you appeal against blatantly kicking someone?

johnneycool

Quote from: CHB1 on October 13, 2016, 12:14:19 PM
Can you appeal against blatantly kicking someone?

If the paperwork isn't spot on, then yes you can.

super reds 99

Seems to be you can appeal enything now a days!  Whot paper work wasn't rite?

Samforever

A home championship draw at last. Armagh

thewobbler

Can't see us getting to an Ulster final, but we couldn't have got a better first round draw than that.

It might even encourage a few of our more passive players to give county another shot.

SHEEDY

For anyone living or working in newry or south down this is the match that matters. if we only win 1 match all year this is the one.
nil satis nisi optimum

oileain blues

you would wonder how Kilcoo got their player of for an inexcusable action in one day to the Ulster council yet the Island are still awaiting to get a date for their appeal to the Ulster council after one week, any views on double standards and if it's true that the Kilcoo player got of because the Down ccc was made up incorrectly and was spotted by Kilcoo, that too raises issues

Brick Tamlin

My head hurt trying to read that.

downup

Irrespective of whether the lad got off or not I think that the GAA is now in a ridiculous situation with regards to people getting sent off. Anyone who was at the county final knows he deserved to be sent off and should be punished accordingly but the appeals process in our sport is a joke. In rugby and soccer if your sent off then that's it unless it was the case that you shouldn't have been sent off and it can be appealed. In GAA we look for loopholes in every part of the appeals process, with solicitors and top legal brains on the case like its a court of law. It's completely ridiculous. Look at Connolly with Dublin. Young people are sitting watching a match and seeing men get sent off and then seeing them play the next game. How are you supposed to teach discipline. I was at a match last week where one lad theatrically dived in order to get a member of opposition sent off. His manager was disgusted and took him off immediately and told him if he ever done that again he would never play for him again. I thought that was a great reaction from the manager but how many would do that. We all love our great GAA games but surely to god this legal rigmarole needs to be hit on the head.

CHB1

Quote from: downup on October 14, 2016, 12:04:57 PM
Irrespective of whether the lad got off or not I think that the GAA is now in a ridiculous situation with regards to people getting sent off. Anyone who was at the county final knows he deserved to be sent off and should be punished accordingly but the appeals process in our sport is a joke. In rugby and soccer if your sent off then that's it unless it was the case that you shouldn't have been sent off and it can be appealed. In GAA we look for loopholes in every part of the appeals process, with solicitors and top legal brains on the case like its a court of law. It's completely ridiculous. Look at Connolly with Dublin. Young people are sitting watching a match and seeing men get sent off and then seeing them play the next game. How are you supposed to teach discipline. I was at a match last week where one lad theatrically dived in order to get a member of opposition sent off. His manager was disgusted and took him off immediately and told him if he ever done that again he would never play for him again. I thought that was a great reaction from the manager but how many would do that. We all love our great GAA games but surely to god this legal rigmarole needs to be hit on the head.

+1.  How can we teach youngsters wanting to play our games to do the thing right when a player kicks another, gets sent off and gets away with it.  This is ridiculous.  Headquarters need to see sense.  Nothing personal against Kilcoo but how they in their right mind would even appeal this decision is beyond me. 

Mourne Rover

The Armagh game should attract a massive crowd to Newry as, in addition to being a local derby, it is the first time we will have been able to stage our opening USC fixture there since 1999. It is also a match which both sides, based on their almost equally disappointing form of the last couple of seasons, will reckon they are capable of winning. However, our championship record against Armagh over the last couple of decades is dire. We have lost the last five in a row going back to 1998, four in the USC and one qualifier, and they have usually been physically too strong for us.  Our management will at least have the opportunity to put together a proper pre-season schedule in preparation for a league campaign in a division which is closer to our true level than last year. If the prospect of meeting Armagh in the championship does not motivate all concerned, nothing will.

5 Sams

Statement from Co Board.

Down County Board appointments:
County board are very pleased to announce the appointment of our U21 Football management team: Conor Deegan, Micheal Walsh, Paddy Hardy, Bernie Ruane.
Down Senior Hurling Management: Martin Mallon, Paul Coulter, Gary Savage, Jerome McCrickard.
We also are pleased to welcome Cathal Murray onto our Senior Football Management team
The Aristocrat Years

Smurfy123

Such an underwhelming statement
Thought we were to get a full new backroom team with a big number 2 in?