Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knockitdown

Anyone familiar with promotion from Div 3? Is there a play off or is it the team that finishes top win the league, with secodn going up aswell?

How does it work for teams finishing on the same points? Head to head and then points diff or just points diff?

Hedgehunter

What did people make of the push on the ref in the Darragh Cross game??

Predictor

Quote from: knockitdown on September 12, 2016, 01:51:33 PM
Anyone familiar with promotion from Div 3? Is there a play off or is it the team that finishes top win the league, with secodn going up aswell?

How does it work for teams finishing on the same points? Head to head and then points diff or just points diff?

As far i have been told top 2 go up and with teams on same point it goes headtohead if more than 2 teams on same points goes to score diff

Smurfy123

Typical Burren and Bryansford
Mckernan and Savage will look great against poor teams
The sooner a Down manager has the balls to move on from these kind of lads the better
In a tight game those 2 lads will hide
We have seen it far to often
Kilcoo by 4 in the final but Clonduff will not lie down

Hedgehunter

Quote from: Smurfy123 on September 12, 2016, 05:39:51 PM
The sooner a Down manager has the balls to move on from these kind of lads the better

To be fair with regards to Savage I think Burns got it totally wrong in the 2nd half.. Danny Savage who is probably their best and most potent forward was playing sweeper.. Couldn't understand it at all..

pointman2

Why do team managers think they have to do something different and unexpected? Do they think it will fool or confuse the opposition?

The role for Savage was one example. But the Burren line out was far worse - the team was totally changed eg Gerard  McGovern at CHF, Mark McKay at FF and Dan McCartan as a forward?

Such changes are almost an admission that "I do not think we can beat this team". Play to your own strengths and donot confuse your own players.

Kilcoo definitely have it "mentally" over Burren and some of the latter's big name players display that.

Hopefully Clonduff give it a real rattle in the final with no fear of Kilcoo

rosskarr

Quote from: Smurfy123 on September 12, 2016, 05:39:51 PM
Behave yourself.

Leftmidfield

Quote from: 5 Sams on September 09, 2016, 11:47:09 PM
Quote from: Leftmidfield on September 08, 2016, 10:02:45 PM
Good win for CPN v Burren tonight in U16 MFC Q/F. The Point were better all over the field and should have won by more

Harps gave Kilcoo a hiding so dont rule us out.

Point beat bryansford handy. How'd Harps do ?

5 Sams

Quote from: Leftmidfield on September 15, 2016, 09:30:59 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on September 09, 2016, 11:47:09 PM
Quote from: Leftmidfield on September 08, 2016, 10:02:45 PM
Good win for CPN v Burren tonight in U16 MFC Q/F. The Point were better all over the field and should have won by more

Harps gave Kilcoo a hiding so dont rule us out.

Point beat bryansford handy. How'd Harps do ?

Draw
The Aristocrat Years

5 Sams

Any videos of the 91 lads on the field today??
The Aristocrat Years

SHEEDY

Quote from: 5 Sams on September 18, 2016, 05:55:19 PM
Any videos of the 91 lads on the field today??
did they show them or mention them on rte? missed it if they did.
nil satis nisi optimum

snoopdog

They never mentioned them or showed a 2nd of it. I could see them on pitch over brollys shoulder. They usually show them every year. Must be an anti northern thing. :(

pointman2

Anybody on here who cares about who wins on Sunday?

Kilcoo are strong favourites and should win......but so were Dublin last week.

Local derby, complacency on behalf of Kilcoo, poor weather, little bits of luck going Clonduff's way.......

A shock possible?

general_lee

Despite My limited knowledge of down football I can't see complacency creeping in, having seen Kilcoo a number of times over the last lock of years they seem to really turn it on when it matters at the business end of things, if Clonduff run them close or get a shock it will be their own doing. They have a good set up this year and from what am told very fit so wouldn't be ruling it out completely

Aristo 60

Quote from: snoopdog on September 18, 2016, 08:28:01 PM
They never mentioned them or showed a 2nd of it. I could see them on pitch over brollys shoulder. They usually show them every year. Must be an anti northern thing. :(

I heard from a player that he was very pleased the way Croke park looked after them.

But as for RTE - poor effort. They could at least have stuck it up on rte player or what have you.