Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AS

the Down Way and cut the  crap are on Holidays together talking to each other via a mirror!

cut the crap

AS,never been away, nothing to comment on,absolutely nothing, good to see team of 91 paraded before Ulster final , great memories.

AS

Quote from: cut the crap on July 20, 2016, 06:08:20 PM
AS,never been away, nothing to comment on,absolutely nothing, good to see team of 91 paraded before Ulster final , great memories.
Indeed.

snoopdog

Good interview with Pete Mcgrath on newstalk last night. Mostly on fermanagh and the stare of the game.

rosskarr

Quote from: snoopdog on July 21, 2016, 11:14:47 AM
Good interview with Pete Mcgrath on newstalk last night. Mostly on fermanagh and the stare of the game.
Pete is some starer!

wobbller

Down could have been doing with Pete to add a bit of something to Eamon Burn's back room or even front room team! Fermanagh's gain-Down's loss

Hedgehunter

Everyone looking forward to the championship weekend?? Should be some tasty games... Possibly Clonduff v Ballyholland and Glenn v Bryansford being the pick of the bunch.. Should also be be interesting to see how Shamrocks fair against St John's... Shamrocks seem to be going well again with Danny Hughes at the fold..

general_lee

I take it Kilcoo will have too much for Saval despite being depleted?

SHEEDY

Quote from: general_lee on July 28, 2016, 07:06:38 PM
paddy power have them at 1/500 to beat saval so they definitely think they'll have too much for them  :). has anyone ever seen a shorter priced team to win a champioship match in down?
nil satis nisi optimum

general_lee

Quote from: SHEEDY on July 28, 2016, 07:33:51 PM
Quote from: general_lee on July 28, 2016, 07:06:38 PM
paddy power have them at 1/500 to beat saval so they definitely think they'll have too much for them  :). has anyone ever seen a shorter priced team to win a champioship match in down?
I saw that. Surely Kilcoo are down a lot of players, including key men. Maybe I'm not giving them enough credit. Im not even sure I've seen 1/500 for Cross games in Armagh!

SHEEDY

Anyone who backed kilcoo at short odds can start collecting their winnings, they're leading 3-10 to 0-3 at HT. Drumaness beat bosco 0-13 to 1-6 in IFC.
nil satis nisi optimum

SHEEDY

nil satis nisi optimum

True Blue

Some preview for tonight's match in Esler between Mayobridge & Rostrevor.

According to Shaun Mahoney of the Irish News Caolan Mooney will be starting for the Reds & Mickey Walsh is still managing the Bridge.

Quality Research!!!!!

The minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose, you have lost.

wobbller

Quote from: True Blue on July 29, 2016, 08:55:54 AM

According to Shaun Mahoney of the Irish News Caolan Mooney will be starting for the Reds & Mickey Walsh is still managing the Bridge.

Quality Research!!!!!
Is it Shaun or Sean Mahoney?  I think this Sean/Shaun Mahoney doesn't exist and it's a pseudonym for Tony Bagnall

True Blue

Quote from: wobbller on July 29, 2016, 11:16:20 AM
Quote from: True Blue on July 29, 2016, 08:55:54 AM

Quality Research!!!!!
Is it Shaun or Sean Mahoney?  I think this Sean/Shaun Mahoney doesn't exist and it's a pseudonym for Tony Bagnall

Definitely Shaun!!!!! Wobbler pseudonym or not that is terrible. Surely Tony (if it is him) knows Mooney is in NY & that Frank Dawson is in charge of the Bridge.

I would expect a bit more quality from the Irish News!!!

Looking forward to the 2 games tonight particularly the 2nd game. Can the Harps prove that they we're not a one season wonder?

Surely we will get 2 better games than were played in Clonduff last night.

Although having said that Saval were missing a number of players & Kilcoo can only play what's put in front of them.

Pre IFC favourites An Riocht & Liatroim will have learned nothing from watching Drumaness beat Bosco. Very poor match!
The minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose, you have lost.