Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smurfy123

Lads fancy having a stab at the starting team?

It will be interesting

passedit

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 19, 2016, 09:07:51 PM
It's Longford Christ
Possibly in the bottom 8 teams in Ireland and we are playing them in Newry
Anything other than a 6 point win will be a disappointment
Let's call a spade a spade
Remind me what happened the last time we played longford in the championship? Or better still the last time we played anyone in the championship?
Don't Panic

SamFever

Quote from: cut the crap on June 19, 2016, 02:03:57 PM
Sam Fever, are you part of the executive or maybe a relative of an executive member because if you are , one question

What is the  alternative , on next weeks match, im predicting a tight game but a win by 5 pts
No cut the crap I've nothing to do with the body that you are going to overthrow single handedly.Really intrigued that you could think that but I know that you're prone to strange lines of thought.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: passedit on June 19, 2016, 09:25:56 PM
It's Longford Christ
Remind me what happened the last time we played longford in the championship? Or better still the last time we played anyone in the championship?

I think the last time we played Longford was in 2010.

cut the crap

If we can't beat Longford we really are at our lowest point, Eamonn should mix it up a bit , let's go at Longford ,give it a lash and let's see what happens.

SamFever

Quote from: passedit on June 19, 2016, 09:25:56 PM
It's Longford Christ
A defeat by Longford was Pete McGrath's last game as Down Senior Manager

SamFever

Quote from: cut the crap on June 19, 2016, 09:29:37 PM
If we can't beat Longford we really are at our lowest point, Eamonn should mix it up a bit , let's go at Longford ,give it a lash and let's see what happens.
What exactly does "mix it up"mean in relation to picking a Team for a game?

cut the crap

Sam Fever like you I am passionate about my county football team, I have played and watched a lot of football in my time and having watched some of our development squads I am confident we will complete with the elite but it will be 8 yrs min, in the meantime we need a base, we have no money , executive sorted that , so we need a centre , any suggestions ,and the ejection of certain individuals who run our county will occur quicker than you think if we get beat by Longford

SamFever

Quote from: cut the crap on June 19, 2016, 09:36:54 PM
Sam Fever like you I am passionate about my county football team, I have played and watched a lot of football in my time and having watched some of our development squads I am confident we will complete with the elite but it will be 8 yrs min, in the meantime we need a base, we have no money , executive sorted that , so we need a centre , any suggestions ,and the ejection of certain individuals who run our county will occur quicker than you think if we get beat by Longford
Time will tell.

cut the crap

By mix it up , I mean changing our tactics, do we go man for man with no sweeper , we are playing Longford for heavens sake, man for man skill wise we surely are better.
I personally think we will get it tight initially because our guys will be nervous but once the nerves go we should run out 5 pts plus winners, bookies are offering evens giving Longford a 3 pts start, but I don't back against or for my team. Unlike some I'm hearing, ex players should have more respect for their former team mates,and as for Marty Clarke , the less said the better , if he had been that interested he would have lifted the phone but maybe the great and the holier than thou don't do that,this forum is to discuss team formations , personnel , and tactics, would you change the keeper, is their any body better

snoopdog

Quote from: cut the crap on June 19, 2016, 09:51:43 PM
By mix it up , I mean changing our tactics, do we go man for man with no sweeper , we are playing Longford for heavens sake, man for man skill wise we surely are better.
I personally think we will get it tight initially because our guys will be nervous but once the nerves go we should run out 5 pts plus winners, bookies are offering evens giving Longford a 3 pts start, but I don't back against or for my team. Unlike some I'm hearing, ex players should have more respect for their former team mates,and as for Marty Clarke , the less said the better , if he had been that interested he would have lifted the phone but maybe the great and the holier than thou don't do that,this forum is to discuss team formations , personnel , and tactics, would you change the keeper, is their any body better
Change tactics? Looking at the monaghan game we don't have any. We lost an all ireland 6 years ago by not altering our kick outs and we still have that issue can different management times not see this. Look at Cavan yesterday they lost very few of their kick outs.  Winning ball in middle of the park has always been critical and we can't do it.

Smurfy123

Do we put Big Reid in for this game???

Verticalball

I think we should have enough to get past Longford in a tight game. O'Hare's fitness is key and McArdle would be a good addition to the defence for his experience alone, even if he only had a half in him. Another day out will likely be our lot.

As for this idea that Marty Clarke should have lifted the phone to invite himself back onto the panel, surely management invite the players onto the panel and not the other way around? Should we all give Burns a ring to offer our services? Too many stubborn people now who don't want to lose face. I'd say every other county would have him on the panel, Dublin and Kerry included.

ballela-angel

The last time we played Longford was in the 2010 championship in Newry and we won thanks to a jammy penalty
That awkward moment - Not sure if you do have free time or if you're just forgetting everything!

Samforever

Quote from: ballela-angel on June 20, 2016, 01:41:18 PM
The last time we played Longford was in the 2010 championship in Newry and we won thanks to a jammy penalty
And look what happened after that