Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verticalball

Another strange one regarding Davidson. It seems that the door has been firmly closed for some time now on bringing anybody into the panel other than those who were initially considered during the mckenna cup or league. If that is the case it is incredibly short sighted of the management. Longford will be rubbing their hands at the prospect of playing us and who knows how many other players may walk between now and then.

outinfront

"Davidson being overlooked is yet another indication that those involved in indentification of players have their heads up their proverbial backsides

Davidson is mentioned in a thread just below and was featured in a recent Down yearbook yet was not looked at or tried in a Down jersey during McKenna cup ? why ? what the actual feck ?"

Scoring stats alone should have at least got him a chance to train with the squad?

guevara

Quote from: Verticalball on June 09, 2016, 02:38:45 PM
Another strange one regarding Davidson. It seems that the door has been firmly closed for some time now on bringing anybody into the panel other than those who were initially considered during the mckenna cup or league. If that is the case it is incredibly short sighted of the management. Longford will be rubbing their hands at the prospect of playing us and who knows how many other players may walk between now and then.

So you don't think there are players in Down that are better Footballers than those on view last Sunday? Here is a few....... John Boyle Warrenpoint, Liam Bagnall Glenn, Kevin Anderson Annaclone, Shaun Parr Rostrevor (Coming back from Injury)Johnny Parr Rostrevor, Robbie White Ballyholland & that is just a few.
Granted a few of the above have been involved at some stage but they are better FOOTBALLERS than a lot of that team on Sunday. If you disagree go and watch the League games.

There is a belief within our County that if you were on the County last year but play crap all year then you deserve to be on it again the following year to be given a chance. This is part of the problem, loyalty to those who continue to deliver poor performances year in year out.
If Alan Davidson played for Burren/Kilcoo/Mayobridge he wouldve been on the County at least two years ago. Another missed opportunity by the looks of it.
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

Brick Tamlin

Why not just name the rest of the Warrenpoint FC panel sure. ::)

Brick Tamlin

Try again.
Wasn't referring to Davidson.

rosskarr

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on June 09, 2016, 03:25:39 PM
Try again.
Wasn't referring to Davidson.
apology.See your ""point""now.

Hedgehunter

I also think the following are more than capable of representing Down..

Michael Ireland - Longstone
Ronan Millar - Glenn
Shay Millar - Glenn
Philip Bonny - The Ford
2 Brannigans - Kilcoo
Shane McNamee - The Bridge..

Not to mention players with previous experience

Niall McParland
Niall Madine
Conor Garvey
Marty Clarke
Big Dan
Laverty..

guevara

Quote from: rosskarr on June 09, 2016, 03:20:11 PM
Quote from: Brick Tamlin on June 09, 2016, 03:08:08 PM
Not professing to be a follower of the óle soccer but I don't think Davison every played for
Warrenpoint FC

Robbie White has never played for Warrenpoint Town as far as I am aware, neither has Alan Davidson so your point is? I named them players based on games I have watched in the League last year/this year.

Kevin Anderson is Annaclone's best player & has destroyed teams in Down by himself. A big strong athlete who was never given a chance under previous Managers.
Robbie White is the current Division 1 Footballer of the Year if I am not mistaken? Liam Bagnall and John Boyle are better footballers than current players on that Down Team.
Shaun Parr should have been brought onto the County Team (never mind panel) five or six years ago.
Alan Davidson is consistently scoring big numbers for Bredagh yet has been overlooked because he plays for a unfashionable Club at the wrong end of the County.

But hey feel free to point out why you do not think the above are not good enough to be on the current Down Team?
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

Rainbowman

Rumour has it our County secretary has blocked Alan Davison from training with Antrim

SamFever

Back to the real world of League Football tomorrow night.Something different to talk about rather the dark hangover from last Sunday.

Verticalball

Quote from: guevara on June 09, 2016, 03:04:59 PM
Quote from: Verticalball on June 09, 2016, 02:38:45 PM

So you don't think there are players in Down that are better Footballers than those on view last Sunday? Here is a few....... John Boyle Warrenpoint, Liam Bagnall Glenn, Kevin Anderson Annaclone, Shaun Parr Rostrevor (Coming back from Injury)Johnny Parr Rostrevor, Robbie White Ballyholland & that is just a few.
Granted a few of the above have been involved at some stage but they are better FOOTBALLERS than a lot of that team on Sunday. If you disagree go and watch the League games.

There is a belief within our County that if you were on the County last year but play crap all year then you deserve to be on it again the following year to be given a chance. This is part of the problem, loyalty to those who continue to deliver poor performances year in year out.
If Alan Davidson played for Burren/Kilcoo/Mayobridge he wouldve been on the County at least two years ago. Another missed opportunity by the looks of it.

I wouldn't disagree that white and probably shaun parr are potentially better footballers than many of those who played on Sunday, not sure about the rest having seen them play in the past although perhaps you get to more league football matches than I do. If you look again at my earlier posts you will see that the main issue in my eyes is the sheer number of quality footballers who are not available or currently on the panel and who could be if things were done differently, so we seem to be in agreement on that. However if you're suggesting that the players you name should replace the likes of mckernan we really are losing the run of ourselves. Who exactly do you consider worth keeping then?

SHEEDY

Ballymartin got their first league win of the season tonight, a 1 point win over their neighbours longstone. Ballymartin 2-6 longstone 1-8
nil satis nisi optimum

5 Sams

Quote from: SHEEDY on June 09, 2016, 09:33:17 PM
Ballymartin got their first league win of the season tonight, a 1 point win over their neighbours longstone. Ballymartin 2-6 longstone 1-8

Fair play...that's some result for them.
The Aristocrat Years

SamFever

Quote from: Hedgehunter on June 09, 2016, 06:27:19 PM
I also think the following are more than capable of representing Down..

Michael Ireland - Longstone
Ronan Millar - Glenn
Shay Millar - Glenn
Philip Bonny - The Ford
2 Brannigans - Kilcoo
Shane McNamee - The Bridge..

Not to mention players with previous experience

Niall McParland
Niall Madine
Conor Garvey
Marty Clarke
Big Dan
Laverty..
It wasn't too long ago the Glenn posters were declaring all out allegiance to their Club and there would be no County action for any of their Club men so you may take the Millars and McParland off your list.

SamFever

Quote from: guevara on June 09, 2016, 06:37:27 PM
Quote from: rosskarr on June 09, 2016, 03:20:11 PM
Quote from: Brick Tamlin on June 09, 2016, 03:08:08 PM
Not professing to be a follower of the óle soccer but I don't think Davison every played for
Warrenpoint FC

Robbie White has never played for Warrenpoint Town as far as I am aware, neither has Alan Davidson so your point is? I named them players based on games I have watched in the League last year/this year.

Kevin Anderson is Annaclone's best player & has destroyed teams in Down by himself. A big strong athlete who was never given a chance under previous Managers.
Robbie White is the current Division 1 Footballer of the Year if I am not mistaken? Liam Bagnall and John Boyle are better footballers than current players on that Down Team.
Shaun Parr should have been brought onto the County Team (never mind panel) five or six years ago.
Alan Davidson is consistently scoring big numbers for Bredagh yet has been overlooked because he plays for a unfashionable Club at the wrong end of the County.

But hey feel free to point out why you do not think the above are not good enough to be on the current Down Team?
Kevin Anderson has not destroyed teams in Down by himself(maybe tell us which teams he did this to?) and he is certainly big but not athletic.