Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smurfy123

Well that's what I know about the challenge games
Hammered Westmeath last Friday night and that's with Heslin and Co out
McKernan was super on his return
Great vibes coming out of the camp

ardtole

Westmeath are playing div 4 next year i think. Still a win would be good for morale.

Smurfy123

Yeah but they are not a bad championship team
We have seemed to improve as the year has went on(although it could only get better)
I'm hearing great reports from training and if we can take that form into Sunday we will win
To hammer any team this time of year is encouraging
Am I the only one here to think we will take Monaghan by 4-5

Brick Tamlin

Monaghan -4 is like buying money.

thebar

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 27, 2016, 09:28:58 AM
Yeah but they are not a bad championship team
We have seemed to improve as the year has went on(although it could only get better)
I'm hearing great reports from training and if we can take that form into Sunday we will win
To hammer any team this time of year is encouraging
Am I the only one here to think we will take Monaghan by 4-5

Smurfy I hope I'm wrong but I cant see it buddy you cant go through an entire league campaign without winning a match and expect to turn on it on once championship comes. But hey I'll be first to admit I was wrong should we win!

Smurfy123

Are the championship draws online?
Samfever saying as you think the team I've named is that far off the mark I would like to see what you think the team may be?

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 27, 2016, 12:26:39 PM
Samfever saying as you think the team I've named is that far off the mark I would like to see what you think the team may be?

They're on the Facebook page if not the county website.

whitegoodman

Id probably go with

Kane
O Hagan
McGovern
Collins
McKibbon
Carr
B McArdle
Turley (C Cavanagh role )
McKernan ( Donnelly role)
Murphy ( filtering back)
Devlin
McGovern ( filtering back )
O hare
S McArdle
Poland

Don't think Burns will go this though, doubts over mckernan and 2 mcardles fitness, he likes mckernan at wing forward anyway and devlin is unlikely to start.

Cant see anything but at least a 6 point defeat, unlike Smurfy I hear all isn't that great in the camp.  I must be hearing from a sub and he is hearing from a starter !!!!!

Smurfy123

Ha ha well said white

I like the look of that team if all were fit

Do tell us what's not well in the camp?

Think Devlin is a certain starter thou but I may be wrong

Aristo 60

Quote from: whitegoodman on May 27, 2016, 02:24:56 PM
Id probably go with

Kane
O Hagan
McGovern
Collins
McKibbon
Carr
B McArdle
Murphy ( filtering back)
Devlin
O hare
S McArdle
Poland

Don't think Burns will go this though, doubts over mckernan and 2 mcardles fitness, he likes mckernan at wing forward anyway and devlin is unlikely to start.

Cant see anything but at least a 6 point defeat, unlike Smurfy I hear all isn't that great in the camp.  I must be hearing from a sub and he is hearing from a starter !!!!!

I know that Down football is at a low ebb but I never thought we'd be so low that we'd begin to model our players' roles on tyrone ones  >:(

thewobbler

Quote from: Aristo 60 on May 27, 2016, 05:43:58 PM
Quote from: whitegoodman on May 27, 2016, 02:24:56 PM
Id probably go with

Kane
O Hagan
McGovern
Collins
McKibbon
Carr
B McArdle
Murphy ( filtering back)
Devlin
O hare
S McArdle
Poland

I know that Down football is at a low ebb but I never thought we'd be so low that we'd begin to model our players' roles on tyrone ones  >:(

It's also quite ridiculous to believe that such a shape can be put together over a month or two of training. Harte is one of the best managers in the history of the game and it's taken a couple of years of drilling and changing to build to that performance on Sunday.

Anyone seen the minor team yet for Sunday?

whitegoodman

Nobody said we should be modelling our players on Tyrone players or follow Tyrones shape, more most teams these days have an attacking midfielder and a defensive midfielder and the Tyrone lads are probably the most obvious ones out there, the Donegal pair are similar.

An awful lot of lads get their knickers in a twist too easily on here, is it your time of the month or something ???

Aristo 60

Quote from: whitegoodman on May 27, 2016, 06:00:18 PM
Nobody said we should be modelling our players on Tyrone players or follow Tyrones shape, more most teams these days have an attacking midfielder and a defensive midfielder and the Tyrone lads are probably the most obvious ones out there, the Donegal pair are similar.

An awful lot of lads get their knickers in a twist too easily on here, is it your time of the month or something ???

It's Friday night. My knickers are not twisted  :)

SamFever

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 27, 2016, 12:26:39 PM
I'll let Eamon and Co. do that.

5 Sams

Harps beaten by a point tonight. I was very impressed by Glenn. Well drilled outfit, big strong athletic, taking scores from distance. We might have deserved a draw but no complaints apart from the clown in the middle.
The Aristocrat Years