Any results? Nothing on downgaa board

east down gael

Annaclone won against an riocht
Bredagh won in loughinisland
Clann na banna win against tullylish

Cb66

Burren bear castlewellan by a goal also

east down gael

Mourne rover is right,the division is wide open.While there are a few teams that will predictably finish in the top two or three,Loughinisland and An riocht being my two picks,the teams in and around them can take points off them.Fontenoys and Downpatrick will also improve on poor starts by their own standards,and annaclone tonight showed they aren't as bad as their previous results showed.

Down Follower

Division 2 looks like being a very good competition. Teams who were traditionally cannon fodder have really stepped up. Impossible to call a winner at this stage. Burren continue to win but their score lines are getting closer and Kilcoo are ticking along nicely, no doubt it will be between these two although bridge might have a say. CPN have disappointed!!

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years

elk

Quote from: imagine on April 30, 2016, 08:52:49 AM
Quote from: 5 Sams on April 29, 2016, 11:19:16 PM
Quote from: Leonardo on April 29, 2016, 10:08:01 PM

Harps beat CPN by 8.
Two great wins this season.CPN and Ballymartin.
Yeah Warrenpoint have been shocking so far this season

Leftmidfield

Quote from: elk on May 01, 2016, 01:39:53 PM

Harps beat CPN by 8.

Not making excuses but then again I suppose I am 😋 but The Point were very short v Ballyholland. Missing were - 1st choice keeper Gary McMahon, the 1st choice full back line cormac mccartan, micheal ohare & paddy Murdock. Also missing was Donagh McAleenan + the injured Aaron Magee. With all these guys playing thePoint would not have been beaten by 8 points in fact they would probably have beaten this Ballyholland team

Down Follower

Quote from: Leftmidfield on May 01, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
Quote from: elk on May 01, 2016, 01:39:53 PM

Harps beat CPN by 8.

Not making excuses but then again I suppose I am 😋 but The Point were very short v Ballyholland. Missing were - 1st choice keeper Gary McMahon, the 1st choice full back line cormac mccartan, micheal ohare & paddy Murdock. Also missing was Donagh McAleenan + the injured Aaron Magee. With all these guys playing thePoint would not have been beaten by 8 points in fact they would probably have beaten this Ballyholland team
In fairness I dare say Ballyholland were missing some players too. It's very rare any team is at full strength. the good thing this year is that there are 22 games so there will be plenty of chances for teams to get back on track.

Predictor

Minor 7s
Don't know about the rest of yous but for only 8 EastDown teams & 4 SouthDown teams showed up for their 7s tournaments which for me is really disappointing that clubs dont have 10 boys who would want to play for a chance of a 7s medal

Teams that showed up
East Down (8) -Kilcoo / Castlewellan / Bryansford / Saul / Dundrum / Liatroim / Bright / Teconnaught
South Down (4) - Clonduff / Saval / AnRiocht / Longstone

I think clubs should be fined if they don't show up

Anyone else got opinions?

thewobbler

Yep I'd have the opposite opinion.

Down county board aren't running a country, they're running games. In other words their job is to facilitate, not to force.

If the interest and enthusiasm isn't there to play some formats of the game, then those instances should be discontinued.

SamFever

The sevens are a waste of time as is this day of the club rubbish next weekend.

Mourne man

Roscommon scraped by New York tonight by point! A New York team with a sprinkling of down men! Keith Quinn received the first black card of this years championship!

Line Ball

Quote from: Predictor on May 01, 2016, 07:19:27 PM
Minor 7s
Don't know about the rest of yous but for only 8 EastDown teams & 4 SouthDown teams showed up for their 7s tournaments which for me is really disappointing that clubs dont have 10 boys who would want to play for a chance of a 7s medal

Teams that showed up
East Down (8) -Kilcoo / Castlewellan / Bryansford / Saul / Dundrum / Liatroim / Bright / Teconnaught

The Down Minors decided to have a training weekend down south this weekend, could they not have picked a better date when clubs did not need their players?

rosskarr

Quote from: Line Ball on May 01, 2016, 11:26:14 PM
Quote from: Predictor on May 01, 2016, 07:19:27 PM
Minor 7s

Teams that showed up

The Down Minors decided to have a training weekend down south this weekend, could they not have picked a better date when clubs did not need their players?
County Minor panellists are not permitted to play Adult Club while the County Minor team are still in the Championship.