Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Hardy

Monaghan up next weekend so doesnt get much easier, definitely needs to be changes made for that. Really worry we could end up with 0 wins from the league this year. As for next week I'd go with

Kane
O hagan
G Mc Govern
Magee
R Mallon
Carr
Mc Parland
Turley
Mc Kernan
Maginn
R Johnson
Mooney
O Hare
Madine
Doran

Anyword on when Jerome will be back? I'd say one or two from Loughinisland will be called in after the Monaghan game.

sdg

Mc parland not even on the panel.

Ed Hardy

Quote from: sdg on January 31, 2016, 10:37:32 AM
Mc parland not even on the panel.

Sorry thought he was! Well then give Conall Mc Govern that spot

Smurfy123

Poor performance last night
Will give a player for player rating later
We just don't have the players

clowry13

Down literally running about that pitch last night with fat men. Embarrassing show

SHEEDY

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 31, 2016, 10:57:09 AM
Poor performance last night
Will give a player for player rating later
We just don't have the players
but theres no excuse for the lack of fight and the obvious lack of fitness.
nil satis nisi optimum

Smurfy123

Yes fair enough point
Lads looked out in there feet after 10 minutes
Who is the fitness coach?

DownFanatic

Lot of boys had their first real taste of inter county football last night. With the inexperience on show we simply can't be expecting any victories in the league. Especially at Division 1 level.

Ed Hardy

Seen Conor Garvey in the crowd last night, he injured or not in the panel this year?

snoopdog

If you were Dan Gordon or marty Clarke sitting in the crowd last night. Would you be in  a rush back to the set up. Maybe for June but it is highly likely we won't win a game this year sadly last night was thee worst performance I've witnessed in many years. Every free kick out of range was played back words.  15 big tall athlete's  would've done better last night.

passedit

Quote from: thewobbler on January 31, 2016, 01:00:02 AM
Truly I'm saddened to say it, but deep down we all knew it was coming, and we all know this is not the worst of what's coming.

The truth. Reflected in the turnout also? I saw an Antrim man getting pelters on this thread a while back. That's where we're headed if things don't change and i don't mean the senior management. You can only play the hand your dealt and hasn't been good for a while.
Don't Panic

snoopdog

The big counties nowadays develope players. Put the effort in. Is this happening in Down? Or do the county board believe that it just happens on its own. Would Donegal or Mayo have a similar number of players in the county to ourselves? Yet mayo compete year in year out?

ardtole

A big positive for me this year is wee james taking the minor team. Hopefully he can get the basis of a decent team together and bring a few lads through.

cut the crap

Watched last few minor trials, we will be waiting a while for the type of player necessary to cut it at the highest level, oh for a 1991-94 team, big, strong, athletic and ignorant when needed.
Let's not kid ourselves getting to the 2010 A I final was a remarkable achievement given that previous to that we were in Div3, so let's take stock of where we are now,have patience and build for the future, now that the management teams at minor, u21 and senior are in place let's get behind them, we all know management doesn't put a team out to be beaten , players don't take the field to deliberately play badly so let's keep the faith, it's harder than ever to achieve inter county success and the cause isn't helped it we don't get  behind the team.

east down gael

Mayo,donegal,cork,Kerry and Tyrone will all have set out at the start of this year with the hope of winning the all ireland.and if anyone but dublin win it,then it will be one of these teams.the gap between the top teams and the rest is growing bigger every year,and we as a county are among the rest.
  Trying to break into that group will be extremely difficult.a county would have to be getting the absolute most out of its resources,have a few extra special players come along at once and also have a management and county board willing to finance it.donegal managed to win an all ireland when all these things clicked,Mayo have come extremely close.
    Last night was very disappointing but I don't think many teams in the divisions below us would fare that much better.granted it was an especially heavy defeat,but these kinds of results happen every now and again when you are playing a team at a different level.heads can drop and what should be a seven or eight point defeat turns into a whitewash.