Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenGiant

Quote from: Down Follower on March 10, 2015, 02:03:25 PM
Clonduff and Downpatrick are likely to stay up. Better bets to be involved would be Ballyholland, Saval and Rostrevor.

The league table looks very interesting. Some teams in the relegation battle who many a person would not of expected back in March. Likewise for some of the teams who stayed up!

SamFever

A long wait for some to know their fate for next year's Leagues. Kilcoo
will hope they are County Champions by then and the outlay will be
worth it for another year but they really need to win Ulster to justify all
their spending this and other years,never mind the bad manners of not fielding
and putting out weakened teams for league matches.

clowry13

Kilcoo not showing up for a league game with Burren is a total DISGRACE. The county board should really be throwing punishments towards them. shows the disrespect they have for the league

rosskarr

Quote from: rosskarr on July 26, 2015, 12:45:51 AM
Quote from: redzone on July 25, 2015, 09:53:12 PM
Would down supporters on here be on for Pete to take down next year?
Go away and mind your own business.We have a Manager in place for 2016 and hopefully Pete  in Fermanagh does the business v Dublin.
Neither of Jim McCorry being Manager and Fermanagh beating the Dubs are of concern now. Is it time this happened?

Mike Tyson

Quote from: PAULD123 on September 01, 2015, 12:06:18 PM
Quote from: Leftmidfield on August 31, 2015, 09:08:16 PM
Went up to Burren tonight to watch Burren v  kilcoo tonight
only to be told by 'man at the gate' kilcoo phoned 'an hour ago' saying they would not be fielding. Kilcoo play championship Friday night. Reckon they didn't want 2 games in a week and keep their powder dry for championship meeting with Burren

If Kilcoo's only reason for not fielding in a league match is to be rested for the championship then that is an insult to the GAA and the opposition players that showed up to play them. It is very unsporting and unfair. If it is true then frankly they should be punished by being kicked out of the championship.

Having said that, it is all based on the theory that it is the reason they didn't field. It is great getting upset about conjecture and gossip. In fact they probably had a much better reason for not fielding and don't deserve the harsh punishment i described above. BUT if it were true!!!!

Others can correct me if I'm wrong, but is there not a 7 day period before championship games where clubs don't have to play league?

Outrageous to suggest any team should be thrown out of championship because they didn't field in a league game. Fine them like any other team.

Hedgehunter

Yes I can confirm that you are wrong.. There is no such rule whatsoever.. The ruling that you maybe getting confused about is that you will get at least 5 days notice of a senior club championship game.. There is no set minimum rest period in the rule book regarding league v championship.

qubdub

Glenn 0-5
Kilcoo 0-4

HT in Newry, upset possible?

charlieTully

SHEEDY

nil satis nisi optimum

Red eye

Quote from: SHEEDY on September 05, 2015, 10:31:57 AM
Quote from: charlieTully on September 05, 2015, 10:28:56 AM
How did it finish up?
kilcoo 0-12 glenn 0-7

The rest from league football obviously did the trick lol

Any further info on them not fielding in the League match? Bad manners and disrespectful - what are the County Board going to do? Deduct points? Fine?

Red eye

On another issue see Brendan Rice was refereeing the AI Ladies Intermediate Semi Final - thought he did well and based on that would expect to see him getting more games at this level.

Minus15

I personally think Brendan is the best referee in the county

Hedgehunter

MK

Quote from: Minus15 on September 05, 2015, 06:51:59 PM
I personally think Brendan is the best referee in the county
Quote from: Hedgehunter on September 05, 2015, 07:00:59 PM
Paul Falloon..
Following Falloons performance inthe Ulster minor final,amongst other games , he was reckoned to be the best young referee in the COUNTRY according to a former top referee currently responsible for appointing refs for all top games.

one day

Paul Fallon is easily the best referee in the County