Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boscomo

if in doubt eat it

T O Hare

when are the next round of draws for the championships made???
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

spiritof91and94

Fats, I heard they are on Sunday Night after the game in Hilltown.
Will you lot still be there?
Whats the story after getting beat by Castlewellan last week - alot are tipping them to win it?
Suppose you will be cheering Kilcoo on tonight!!!

T O Hare

fats.. good one.. sunday night.. could nt see it.. if they are on the radio, we might turn down the juke box in gormans to listen to it
castlewellan are the team to beat..
and i could nt care less who wins tonight, trianing the thirds.. we have a championship quarter final as well!!!!!!!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

spiritof91and94

Brickie might be interested in you supporting Kilcoo....
Here you and your oul man are to be guest of honour at the opening of the latest pub in Castlewellan!

bredaghgael

Bredagh GAC's Annual Talk Night takes place this year in the Wellington Park Hotel on Friday 31st August at 9pm.The Eastwood Bookmakers sponsored event has regular pundits Martin Breheny (Irish Independent) Paddy Heaney(Irish News)and Barney Eastwood back again this year..The evening is compered by Jerome Quinn (BBC).Confirmed guests this year are Joe Brolly (RTE pundit) and Graham Geraghty(Meath).Others will be announced closer to the event.There will be a draw on the night for two Hurling and two Football All-Ireland final tickets costing £10.

DownFanatic

Down IFC Quarter Final

Dundrum 0-08  Darragh Cross 0-09

A real stop start game that was ruined for both teams by incessant interuptions by over zealous linesmen. Anyway it was 0-05 each at halftime. Just before the break we were reduced to 14 men when our captain Kieran Walsh walked for two yellows. With a man down we worked our bollocks off in the 2nd half and really dominated the possession stakes. Yet Darragh outscored us 4-3. We had a plethora of chances to grab a good lead in the last quarter but slight inexperience cost us.
Good luck to Darragh Cross in the next round.

P.S Longstone beat Kilcoo by a point.

Square Ball

Wouldnt like to be around Kilcoo tonight, gotta stop tipping them to win it
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

In the Onion Bag

Stone v Kilcoo
Best club game I've seen for a long time.  It swayed to and fro.  The Stone going 10pts in front in the 1st 20m and Kilcoo narrowing the gap to 5 by half time.  During a 10 minute goalfest the stone bagged 3 and Kilcoo one.  All of the Stone goals were the result of superp inter-play, usually with the masterful Ambrose conducting affairs.

Kilcoo set straight into the job on the restart and industrioisly got the gap down to a single point but after this they couldn't get the essential equaliser that might have turned the game in thier favour.  But for two clear goal chances the Stone were were pinnewd into their own half for most of the 2nd half only getting their1st score with about 8 minutes to go.

In many ways a draw would have been a fair enough outcome but I was pleased the Stone move on, although Frank Dawson has a problem at FB who is uncomfortable under a high ball.
Two great teams playing super fast running football.  Well worth the £5. 

spiritof91and94

Agree it was an exciting game but it wasn't a classic - Longstone didn't score for 42 mins, they had 3.05 up after 17 mins and didn't score until the 29th minute of the second half albeit hitting the post and bar in between. That 29th minute point put the stone 2 up but Kilcoo levelled on 33 mins only for the stone to win it with the last kick. Lets face it, any team that goes this long without scoring cant be considered serious challengers for the title, for me longstone play too short and lack confidence in the forwards. The three goal blitz and form of Ambrose in the first half was what won it for them but Ambrose never got too grips after half time.
Kilcoo really had the winning of the game but couldn't get in front but whoever scores the most wins games and fair play to Longstone.

Just waiting to hear the outcome on the termination of the Kilcoo drinking ban - usually some local bar bears the brunt of their failings on the pitch!!!

southdown

Great win for us against Kilcoo last night.  If we repeat our first half preformance in the semi final I would fear nobody, however the 2nd half was a different story and we could easliy have lost.

The Real Laoislad

AFL is live on Setanta at moment Collingwood v Sydney..Martin Clarke is having a good game
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Mourne Rover

Clarke has just been flattened by one of the worst tackles I have ever seen. Even the Aussie commentators said it was a disgrace. They are talking about a four-game ban for the other guy. I honestly thought he might have broken his neck. Incredibly, after a period of treatment, he played on. One of the commentators praised him, and said he would never have taken a hit like it in GAA. The other commentator said; `Unless he was playing the Aussies.' Collingwood are going to win the game, and it's pretty obvious that Clarke is there to stay. Even the St Patrick's Park money could not bring him back now.

rosskarr

What channel is this on in a sky package?

Cloc Mor

QuoteChannel 430, Setanta Sports

Are the games always shown on this channel and does it come as part of the £10 a month package?