Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldenyears

say how you feel aristotle! ;)

could drumgath go from senior champ to junior champ in one season??
is it really gonna happen? who is their last fixture

shamrocks and wpoint in bottom 4 play offs? or is it bottom 3, carryduff auto relegated??

In the Onion Bag

Drumgath face two difficult games left, both away to Bosco and Saul.

thewobbler

Carryduff need at least 4 points (possibly 5) from their last 3 games (Shamrocks away, Ballyholland and Hoops at home) to avoid automatic relegation. That's a tough order against 3 teams who all need points as well at this stage of the season.

I've no idea what happens if teams are level on points for the bottom four (if scoring difference or play-offs are used), but if Clann na Banna can get a point or more in Saval, it's looking like that could happen.

Shamrocks travel to Darragh Cross next week and even though they have the safety gap of playing Carryduff at home afterwards, a loss there would make for a very nervy last day of the season.

Warrenpoint need at least a draw at home to Annaclone to avoid the play-offs, when Annaclone need at least a point to be sure of making the top four.

I'd be worried if I was from the Point.

wobbller

One of the previous posters mentioned that Ardglass v Drumgath Div 3 match was going to be refixed?  Why? Was it not abandoned? Will this not be sorted within the committees?

Square Ball

Quote from: wobbller on August 20, 2007, 04:55:28 PM
One of the previous posters mentioned that Ardglass v Drumgath Div 3 match was going to be refixed?  Why? Was it not abandoned? Will this not be sorted within the committees?

yeah, DF where did you get that from? was talking to an Ardglass man at the weekend and he was still talking about waiting for the result to be awarded
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

DownFanatic

Square Ball, Wobbller, the Drumgath v Ardglass game may still be replayed. At the time it was believed that the game was abandoned due to ill discipline towards the referee from the Ardglass players. Therefore the result would be that Drumgath get the points.
However, it appears that the referee's report states that the game was abandoned because of the dense fog. In this outcome the game would have to be replayed.

wobbller

Pretty sad.
I suggest at this time of the night who should DELETE this post before anyone else sees it.PLEASE!

Colonel Cool

Discusting first post! I too was in Darragh Cross and we must have been watching different games.  The Hogg played centre back and had an excellent game. The fact that Ballela scored one point playing with a strong breeze in the second half says it all.
I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

Lecale2

You would have to wonder what motivates someone to go to the bother of registering here late at night to post nasty shite like that. Sad.
Danny was excellent on Sunday as I'm sure anyone who was at the match will confirm.

pearses

rosoco - p***k.

anyone hear the result of mitchells v st michaels in the jfc last night?

DownHead

Rosco Check out www.hoganstand.com , a site full with tubes, with usless comments.

you'd be more than welcome!!

behind the wire

can someone not contact one of the moderators directly and ask them to remove that. its not on. especially given the service that man has given to the game of hurling throughout his life. shows how little respect some so called gaa men have. if you ask me this is becoming more and more of a problem in our games - people prefer to hurl abuse than get off their arses and do something to promote the game.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

Smiler An Dun

JFC Replay

Mitchells 1-13  St. Michaels 2-14 (aet)

Pull Hard Hes No Relation

Can't believe that the post regarding Danny was allowed, it was an absolute disgrace. This is a man who gave sterling service to Down hurling for many years and continues to do so through the promotion of under-age hurling in his own club. Don't know about anyone else but I'd say there are plenty of Junior teams in Down who be glad to still have the Hogg in their ranks, gave Ciaran Courtney a hard time of it last year up in Bredagh and there's not too many guys at any level can say that over the past couple of years so that shows he still has it to perform at intermediate/junior.

The question I'd ask the poster is this why do you think Danny is still playing? Its hardly for the glory given what he has previous won, the simple reason is to help hurling establish itself in his adopted club and provide some experience and guindance to the many young players Bredagh have coming through and most of all for the love of the game - something you clearly would know nothing about!

As for Cormac Hughes, as someone who has coached him he is a fine young prospect and played extremely well for the Academy when they qualified for the All Ireland final so you are wrong on that point as well! :-[

wally

DF - can you confirm that your goalkeeper came off injured against Glenn on Friday night?  If that is the case, is he badly injured?  I have heard that he has done his back in big time and is not fit for Thursday night?  At least you have that young fella who came against Glen when you played them away, it is good see young fellas taking a keen interest in the position between the sticks !