Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boscomo

wobbller they had 10 men on the pitch at 7.10 pm and had to make subs as better players came along, i would love to take all the credit and say bosco outplayed , out jumped them out scored them which in big parts they did but there was something missing mate, but we will take to points anyway.
if in doubt eat it

DownFanatic

ACFL Division 3 Table

Played     Points
Tullylish           21            34             Playoffs
Saul                21            29             Playoffs
Dundrum         21            29             Playoffs
Bredagh          20            25
--------------------------------------------
Bosco              21            24
Teconnaught    21           22
Ardglass           20            21
Drumgath         20            19
---------------------------------------------
Glenn              21            18
Mitchels           20            11
Bright              21             8         
St Pauls           21             8         

Outstanding Fixtures: Bredagh v Mitchels, Ardglass v Drumgath

In regards to the Promotion Playoffs - Tullylish, Saul and Dundrum - are there already. Bredagh need only one win out of their remaining two games to get the last spot. Bosco have a chance here also. If Bredagh somehow lose their last two games and Bosco win their final game then it will be the Newry men who get the last playoff spot.
In the most unlikely of situations, if Bredagh lose their last two games and Bosco lose their last game, then if Ardglass can beat Drumgath in their refixture and win their last game against Dundrum then they would be level with Bredagh on 25 points.

In regards to the relegation situation - Bright and St Pauls need to win their last games to get themselves to 10 points. Regardless if Tullylish win or lose their last game this will then force a playoff between St Pauls, Bright, Mitchels and one from Glenn or Drumgath. If Bright or St Pauls both lose their last games then they go down automatically. Similarly if they draw their last games they will go down aswell. Again, if one of them loses and one of them wins then one of them will go down automatically and one of them will be in a three way playoff.

sabhallphadraig

Quote from: DownFanatic on August 18, 2007, 10:06:58 AM
In regards to the Promotion Playoffs - Tullylish, Saul and Dundrum - are there already. Bredagh need only one win out of their remaining two games to get the last spot. Bosco have a chance here also. If Bredagh somehow lose their last two games and Bosco win their final game then it will be the Newry men who get the last playoff spot.
In the most unlikely of situations, if Bredagh lose their last two games and Bosco lose their last game, then if Ardglass can beat Drumgath in their refixture and win their last game against Dundrum then they would be level with Bredagh on 25 points.

In regards to the relegation situation - Bright and St Pauls need to win their last games to get themselves to 10 points. Regardless if Tullylish win or lose their last game this will then force a playoff between St Pauls, Bright, Mitchels and one from Glenn or Drumgath. If Bright or St Pauls both lose their last games then they go down automatically. Similarly if they draw their last games they will go down aswell. Again, if one of them loses and one of them wins then one of them will go down automatically and one of them will be in a three way playoff.

Cheers DownFanatic - excellent work as usual - thanks to you and other contributors we've had an almost live channel here dedicated to Div 3 through the season. Looks like we'll get you first in the playoffs whatever happens in the last games. Overall, it looks like a very competitive playoff picture in Div 3 - I'm assuming Bredagh make it but Bosco if they pull off the miracle finish would also make it a strong playoff set - each team knows each other well by this stage and this will go all the way. The final round of league games - when are they fixed for? Next Friday?

southdown

I agree with the above comment regarding division 3, some excellent contributions and views on the Division.

passedit

QuoteIn regards to the relegation situation - Bright and St Pauls need to win their last games to get themselves to 10 points. Regardless if Tullylish win or lose their last game this will then force a playoff between St Pauls, Bright, Mitchels and one from Glenn or Drumgath.

St Pauls have been informed that the fractions are as follows
.01 - .499 = rounded down
.5 - .999 = rounded up.

In division three this means that if Tullylish draw or win their last match, Bright and St Pauls are gone regardless. If Tullylish lose, then Bright and St Pauls can make the playoffs only if they win their last game. Now if Wobbler or anyone else can point me to an instance in the past when a margin > .5 was rounded down I'd be very interested to hear of it (and if you could throw in Fergal Logan's phone number it would save me looking it up  ;D )

Don't Panic

Townie

wobbler with my reference to us getting it handy against the bridge i was being sacastic you nob,  ;D ;D ;D

Colonel Cool

IHC Semi Final
Ballycran 1-11 3-03 Portaferry
Very poor conditions in Ballygalget this evening. Good win for the Crans. Now for Ballygalget in the final.
I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

dundrumite

Any word on the championship match between Bredagh and carryduff? our bredagh posters have been unusually quiet on this one?

Lecale2

Quote from: dundrumite on August 19, 2007, 01:27:25 PM
Any word on the championship match between Bredagh and carryduff? our bredagh posters have been unusually quiet on this one?

A weakened Bredagh team well beaten on the night by their stronger neighbours. Not much more to say really. Disappointing but you move on. Hopefully the hurlers will do better later today against Ballela.

What are you doing on here on a Sunday Dundrumite? Should you not be at your car boot sale?

lecale4

Carryduff deserved the win (3-09 2-06 was the correct score) - Rory Gardiner (son of Bredagh legend and Down midfielder Bill) ran the show. Without Jody Gormley the Bredagh backline always looked vulnerable.
On the positive side Bredagh finished with 4 minors and one u-19 on the pitch - they all played well and right to the end.
The Duff look doomed to Div 3 - maybe we'll avoid them if we get up - if not, the prospect of a couple of tasty derby's next year would be good. 

dundrumite

Quote from: Lecale2 on August 19, 2007, 01:33:53 PM
Quote from: dundrumite on August 19, 2007, 01:27:25 PM

A weakened Bredagh team well beaten on the night by their stronger neighbours. Not much more to say really. Disappointing but you move on. Hopefully the hurlers will do better later today against Ballela.

What are you doing on here on a Sunday Dundrumite? Should you not be at your car boot sale?

Why would I be?

Square Ball

Bredagh 2.10- balella 0.7 in the JHC.

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Lecale2

Big win for Bredagh in the Junior Hurling. 2-10 to 0-08. I hear Warrenpoint beat Ballycran by a point in the second match. Great performance by the Bredagh lads.

Aristotle Flynn

I heard that St Michael's won promotion to Div 3 with a win on Friday night. They shouldn't be allowed to play in Down after the way they get on. They're a shower of Lurgan, Armagh, Buckfast drinking bastards.
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.

Smiler An Dun

ach now Aristotle, lay off with the insults, like really, armagh???    everything else stands tho up to a point..   ;D