Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cloneman

Annaclone 1-8 Rostrevor 0-16

A disappointing defeat for Clone who actually led for most of the match but in fairness the better team probably won in the end.  It has to be said that Leo Smyth's refereeing was awful and how this man gets to referee senior championship matches I'll never know. During the match it seemed that he gave us nothing with some ludicrous decisions, on reflection he was probably as bad for both teams.

DownFanatic

I heard Ballymartin beat Saul in the IFC 0-16 to 1-02 in Ballykinlar tonight.

Anybody got the draw? I heard a rumour we (Dundrum) got Darragh Cross in the Quarter Finals of the IFC.

southdown

Senior draw

Longstone v Kilcoo/Lietrim

Bridge v Rostrevor

Burren v Castlewellan

Loughinisland v Bryansford

DownFanatic

SouthDown do u have the IFC draw handy?

southdown

Sorry, I only just heard the senior one there now, and I had bother remembering it.  Any predictions lads?

DownFanatic

IFC Quarter Final Draw

Downpatrick v Saval
Darragh Cross v Dundrum

Dont know the rest but the teams remaining are Ballymartin, Ballyholland, Carryduff/Bredagh, Ardglass/Tullylish

off the laces

Ballmartin 0.18 Saul 2.6,
DF heard a rumour Ballymartin now play Ballholland/Cduff/Breadagh-Tullyish/ardglass
Keeps 'er' straight

thewobbler

IFC draw:

Downpatrick v Saval
Darragh Cross v Dundrum
Ballymartin v Carryduff/Bredagh
Ballyholland v Ardglass/Tullylish

It's not difficult to pick a tie of the round there.

amallon

Mayobridge 1-11 Attical 0-8
Last nights performance won't have put much fear into the teams left in the championship.  Leading 1-5 to no score after 16 mins I think we eased off a bit and they got a few scores and started to build some momentum.  We stuggled for the rest of the game to exert much dominance.  Not a great night for football, not a great game but sometimes you have to win ugly.

Rostrevor in the next round will be a tougher test.  Any word if Martin Cole is back with Rostrevor yet?
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

charlie stubbs

was at the double header in the sfc in newry saturday.drumgath played well in the first half and the game went in level though some good frees from barry doran and a great point from out on the wing put the stone four points up stevie doran then got a goal and everyone knew what was going happen then.saw longstone beat the bridge last year in league semi they really impressed me that day but from the first half sunday they wont go too fat.they just love football up there.when ambrose rodgers went off in the second half you would have though the messiah was going off annd he wasnt that great to be honest.

burren the point wasnt much better though mckernan had a very good game for burren.the real championship will start next rounfd with all the big guns barring possibly kilcoo through.

Bitta-Banter

IFC
Downpatrick v Saval ----- Saval
Darragh Cross v Dundrum------ Daragh Cross
Ballymartin v Carryduff/Bredagh---- Ballymartin
Ballyholland v Ardglass/Tullylish---- Ballyholland

SFC
Longstone v Kilcoo/Lietrim------ Kilcoo
MayoBridge v Rostrevor----- Mayobridge
Burren v Castlewellan---------- Burren
Loughinisland v Bryansford-------- Bryansford

For once the IFC is very very tight, first time 5 good teams have been in the quarters in a  while.

DownHead

IFC
Downpatrick v Saval ----- Saval
Darragh Cross v Dundrum------ Daragh Cross (by the minor margin)
Ballymartin v Carryduff/Bredagh---- Ballymartin
Ballyholland v Ardglass/Tullylish---- Ballyholland

This draw looks pretty conclusive. Saval to avoid their championship void and dump out Dwp. An easy one for Ballymartin as carryduff are finding it tough in div 2 while bredagh are a one route team which will be easily suzzed out by the mourne men. Ballyholland may find Tullyish a tough test as they have div 2 experience.

Which every way you look at it, past meetings and league form count for nothing in championship. Its only one game in which some of the teams have nothing to lose, others have the problem as favourites while other teams realish being the under dog.

Tie of the round has to be Darragh Cross v Dundrum --- could have an upset on our hands, but Darragh will surely go in as favourities.

Any thoughts?

overcarrying

seen the double headed in Downpatrick, cant see either Carryduff or Bredagh game getting passed Ballymartin. Carryduff have a very tenuous hold on their division 2 status and Bredagh, well that a different kettle of fish all together. reading over the posts here and talking to others its obvious to the entire GAA community that they only have one way of playing, up the middle with the big hail Mary ball, works sometimes, but percentage wise the other night, didn't work and Carryduff made a few changes and cut the ball out. Fancy Carryduff on Friday night big style

Bitta-Banter

Kilcoo beat liatroim by 6 in Hilltown...
any news on Ardglass/Tullylish??

Whitehair

ACHL Div1

Ballela 3.11
Kilclief 2.8