Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bridgegael

If the county board give him permission, then what was the problem here? 
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

supersub

Apparently they shouldn't have so now Kilcoo get a chance to play the game again.

Oglach

Apparently??? Of course they shouldn't have gave him permission to play. The lad was playing senior Championship last season and was somehow dropped two grades!
It wouldn't have been so noticeable had he not scored 1.07 and we happened to be beat by 10 points.
I think the rules state that the offending team are thrown out of the competition and the player concerned gets a 3 month ban.
In this case Rostrevor are clearly not to blame as its a county board mistake and a replay without Fegan is a fair outcome.

spirit0f91and94

Quote from County Board email sent about regrading;
Does PR not mean Premier Reserve - totally clubs fault.

Rostrevor   Collie Clerkin
Ritchie Reynolds
Declan Magee
John Fegan to PR
Fintan McBreen to Reserve   

supersub

Quote from: spirit0f91and94 on August 09, 2014, 12:02:04 AM
Quote from County Board email sent about regrading;
Does PR not mean Premier Reserve - totally clubs fault.

Rostrevor   Collie Clerkin
Ritchie Reynolds
Declan Magee
John Fegan to PR
Fintan McBreen to Reserve

Please do not comment on matters which you do not know the full facts about. As I have stated before this was NOT the last correspondence on the matter between the County Board and the club.

Mid Down Gael

I haven't commented on the John Fegan saga but I have to say Rostrevor where not at fault here and a serious judgement call got wrong by a high profile county board member was the problem. John was reason the reds won the first day, as tonight's result proved when kilcoo deservedly won 1-10 to 1-3.
I have to admitt The Rostevor people where totally understanding on the matter and they only done what they thought was official to begin with.
An admistrative error that should never have happened.

supersub

MDG I knew you would post at some point with a sensible and well informed view on the situation. It was an admin error indeed and I am glad people have heard the proper story from someone outside Rostrevor club.

east down gael

While on the subject of player eligibility for the premier reserve and reserve championships,is it time for a change in the rules.with each club in the county now getting a minimum of three championship games,and therefore using more players,which rules them out of reserve championship the next season,more and more clubs are struggling to field in the championship.even before the championship went the way of group stages there were teams playing fellas who would be well recognised as senior but had been injured the year before so didn't play senior championship.although technically within the rules,it isn't really in the right spirit.reserve players who play all year are either losing their position for the biggest game of their season or else end up marking an opposition player well above their standard.

Down Follower

Fantastic fare in Hilltown yesterday in PRFC semi finals - both games ending in a draw with huge effort from all teams in testing conditions.
It is in games like these where the true passion of the GAA is on show. To all but those involved these were irrelevant games - but to those involved, the games were the be all and end all. Great stuff.

downexile1

Great to see the County Board doing their bit again for hurling in the County. A Down Junior hurling championship match played last night between Shamrocks and Ballela at a football club (Mayobridge) just doesnt work. Nothing against Mayobridge club itself they have great facilities, although when a U-14 match gets played on the main pitch and an adult championship match gets shipped over to the training pitch which has no lines markings clear on pitch and no flags it is clear County Board has not got a clue and must have their head in the clouds! Although the standard wouldnt be of the highest quality these players put the same amount of effort and commitment as any GAA team. A lot of their time (CB)must be took up with dealing with the Senior football team, which is going nowhere fast which is a shame as the County hurlers have recently brought All Ireland silverware to the County. Also I believe the Down ladies football team got treated magnificently to post match meal of sandwiches after their historic Ulster Final win. Just a bit of common sense lacking at the top, sort it out folks and go have a look at how other County Boards are running their successful counties and clubs!!

Predictor

FROM THE HOGAN STAND WEBSITE
Cross trio in Down frame
13 August 2014

Crossmaglen's Tony McEntee and Gareth O'Neill. INPHO
The All-Ireland winning Crossmaglen management trio of Gareth O'Neill, Tony McEntee and Seamie McGeown are willing to talk to Down chiefs about the senior football management vacancy.

The trio guided the famed Armagh club to back-to-back All-Ireland titles and O'Neill revealed they would be interested in sitting down with Mourne County officials.

"If the Down County Board wanted to talk to us then we'd sit down and have a conversation with them," he confirmed to the Irish News.

"At the same time, I can't talk for Tony. There's three people in the management team - myself, Tony and Seamie McGeown - and as a group we haven't discussed whether we'd be interested or not.

"We all have young families and it's a huge commitment to take on a county team.

"But I'm sure that if the Down County Board wanted to talk to us, we'd talk to them. It's manners - if you're asked a question then you go and answer it.

"If they want to offer us an interview, that's fair enough, we'll go and talk to them, but when we discuss it we might find that it's not for us as this stage.

"If they want to have a discussion then come and invite us in and have a talk with us and we'll see what happens."

Former Armagh manager Jim McCorry remains the favourite to replace James McCartan.

QUESTION IS WOULD YOU WANT THEM AS MANAGERS??

ardtole

Line Ball

Would be a YES from me as well.

SHEEDY

if the new management team can bring down back to the top table, It wouldn't matter to me where they're from.
nil satis nisi optimum

snoopdog

id have them on board. they are proven winners