Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

Quote from: downjim on July 30, 2014, 04:50:41 PM
Any truth in the rumours around South Down that Rostrevor played illegal players in the reserve championship at the weekend?

Would you like to expand on what you have heard in these 'rumours'? I am interested that you used the word players, plural, maybe you could shed some light?

Anyway in a word the answer to the question is no.

downjim

Quote from: supersub on July 30, 2014, 11:35:39 PM
Any truth in the rumours around South Down that Rostrevor played illegal players in the reserve championship at the weekend?

Would you like to expand on what you have heard in these 'rumours'? I am interested that you used the word players, plural, maybe you could shed some light?

Hey dont shoot the messenger man. Im only going  by what a Clonduff man told me on site yesterday. Did your full forward not play senior championship last season. I was under the impression you cannot be downgradd two levels? I could be wrong?

supersub

Quote from: downjim on July 31, 2014, 08:49:40 AM

Hey dont shoot the messenger man. Im only going  by what a Clonduff man told me on site yesterday. Did your full forward not play senior championship last season. I was under the impression you cannot be downgradd two levels? I could be wrong?

Was the message players or player, singular or plural? Get it right will you before you ask and or accuse. Any player who played for our thirds was totally legitimate in the eyes of the county board end of story.

downjim

Quote from: supersub on July 31, 2014, 10:11:43 AM

Was the message players or player, singular or plural? Get it right will you before you ask and or accuse. Any player who played for our thirds was totally legitimate in the eyes of the county board end of story.
Going by your tone there is a wee problem though ??

supersub

Quote from: downjim on July 31, 2014, 02:45:26 PM
Quote from: supersub on July 31, 2014, 10:11:43 AM

Going by your tone there is a wee problem though ??

My tone is with you, due to you being very vague in your questioning, not to do with the subject. There is no problem.

PAULD123

Supersub, don't upset yourself at what is probably a wind up. And just to be devil's advocate, (let's not rule out it is someone winding Downjim up.

But I am interested to know what the rules are. can anyone enlighten us to player eligibility once they have played senior championship football?

downjim

Check Downgaa.net. it says Rostrevor/kilcoo play Byransford. I thought it was a wind up but obviously not. Super sub your in grumpy form today. Do you need a hug??

5 Sams

Quote from: PAULD123 on July 31, 2014, 03:06:09 PM
Supersub, don't upset yourself at what is probably a wind up. And just to be devil's advocate, (let's not rule out it is someone winding Downjim up.

But I am interested to know what the rules are. can anyone enlighten us to player eligibility once they have played senior championship football?

Rules them out of reserve championship football later that year or in the following year. For example we played Castlewellan in the 1st round of the  SFC this year  and a few weeks later we played Burren in the PRFC. Anyone who played against Castlewellan wasn't allowed to play against Burren PLUS will not be eligible to play PRFC or RFC in 2015. The round robin SFC is playing havoc with Reserve championship squads in medium to smaller clubs across the county.
The Aristocrat Years

supersub

Far from it Downjim, how ironic, if only you knew!

Yes the round robin SFC has had an impact on the reserve championships which is why the regrading process was brought in this year.

Downjim seemed to think there were players plural who were illegally playing but has failed to name them which is what I was getting at. If more info was forthcoming it would be appreciated.

downjim

I apologise it is one player John Fegan.he played senior football last year.  And from what I was told you can't be regraded two levels in one season?

washed_up

i see Clan Na Banna slipped up last night after beating CPN last week to top the table as they travelled to Drumgath and came away with a draw as CPN themselves had an easy home win, and Mayobridge lost top spot in Div.1 as well

DownFanatic

Dromara gained promotion to division two last night.
By my reckoning they've been in the basement division for the past 12 years.
Drumaness are also up as champions.

The Raven

Quote from: DownFanatic on August 02, 2014, 12:23:00 PM
Dromara gained promotion to division two last night.
By my reckoning they've been in the basement division for the past 12 years.
Drumaness are also up as champions.
Fair play Dromara they tried for years to get out of the old division 4 and from memory were not in favour of the new 3 league format

gaamann

Anybody on here was at the Glenn Longstone game last night thought the ref had a shocker give the home team very little think the Stone players were embarrassed by some of the decisions

Line Ball

I wasn't at that game but have seen quite a few Div 1 & 2 games and none of the referees I have seen would inspire me with confidence that a. they know what they are doing or b. have any clue about implementing the new rules from Croke Park.  Quite a few of them are so up themselves its not funny, some started out decent enough but have now ended up full of themselves, some are blatant cheats and may have a few pound on a game, many are just incompetent beyond belief and just don't have a clue about new or old rules, a few are just ok.  They are a necessary evil and we cannot do without them, I just wish many of them were better than they are.

BTW, what happened Supersubs post in reply to DimJim the other day where he said that the County Board had given permission for John Fegan to play in the Reserve Championship?  It seems to have gone now for some reason.