Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

centre 3/4s

Have Drumgath lost a few lads since the team that won the intermediate last year? I expected them to give the Duff a much tighter game tonight

redandblackareback

Whats the verdict after the weekends championship games? Any reports? Any stand out performances?

Down Follower

Quote from: redandblackareback on June 16, 2014, 10:28:26 AM
Whats the verdict after the weekends championship games? Any reports? Any stand out performances?

Kilcoo are going to take some stopping - beat a decent Mayobridge team with ease.

5 Sams

The Glenn result was the standout one for me.
The Aristocrat Years

supersub

Quote from: centre 3/4s on June 13, 2014, 10:20:11 PM
Have Drumgath lost a few lads since the team that won the intermediate last year? I expected them to give the Duff a much tighter game tonight

I certainly didn't - after watching the intermediate final last year the standard is night and day. It also showed in the Bosco Point match, Point were poor at Senior level last year and hammered the beaten intermediate finalists in the first round this year. Having said that, the two promoted teams seem to be acquitting themselves rightly this season - Rostrevor struggled to beat Tullylish on Thursday night, only for a late surge the game was gone. 

Aristo 60

Down match 3pm next saturday.

Kinda takes up the whole day at that time.

Hedgehunter

Another great win for Glenn tonite, a 7 point victory down in Rostrevor. To cap things off it looks like Liam Bagnall is going to win Gaelic Life Player of the week aswell.

downjim

Went to the bridge tonight to see a dour encounter. The home side beating Ballyholland at their own game. Poucher had no decorum at one of his former clubs.
We were lucky to beat a strong saval side midweek. They are a good honest team who are short one or two class players to break into the top four of Down championship teams.
What sort of side did Kilcoo have out v Rgu?
Another good result for Glenn, their defensive system is getting them places but it's really hard to watch and with the majority of teams playing this way it's harder for our classier players to get room to showcase their skills. I fear for the future of the county as I don't see any young players stepping up to the plate.

gaamann

Glenn scored 2 12 against a good Rostrevor team how can you accuse them of being hard to watch last nights game was end to end football

5 Sams

Quote from: downjim on June 21, 2014, 01:40:09 AM
Went to the bridge tonight to see a dour encounter. The home side beating Ballyholland at their own game. Poucher had no decorum at one of his former clubs.
We were lucky to beat a strong saval side midweek. They are a good honest team who are short one or two class players to break into the top four of Down championship teams.
Another good result for Glenn, their defensive system is getting them places but it's really hard to watch and with the majority of teams playing this way it's harder for our classier players to get room to showcase their skills. I fear for the future of the county as I don't see any young players stepping up to the plate.

When we appoint a manager of our senior team decorum is one of the qualitys way down the list. What we want is passion, enthusiasm, football knowledge, tactical awareness and someone who commands the total respect of his players. He ticks all the boxes Jim. Shane was the same before him. We'll be grand.
The Aristocrat Years

downjim

So it does not annoy you as a member of Ballyholland executive committee that your senior football manager does not conduct himself properly when representing your club????

5 Sams

Quote from: downjim on June 21, 2014, 08:34:47 PM
So it does not annoy you as a member of Ballyholland executive committee that your senior football manager does not conduct himself properly when representing your club????
No. I think we have the best coach in the county. He might lose the head on the line. So do I. So does our chairman and there was plenty of ejits on the line last night from the bridge as well. You have more than your fair share of headers in Burren as well. Get over it.
The Aristocrat Years

extra time

He was at our club for a few seasons and made a lot of friends, left a very good impression and most of all gained the respect of all the players.

NP 76

To be fair Jim people in glass houses and all that! The behaviour of some of the Burren mentors at underage leaves a lot to be desired

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: downjim on June 21, 2014, 01:40:09 AM

Imagine trying to stop another team from scoring! I have never read such drivel.
How come Matty Bagnall, Conor Laverty et al can give exhibitions in scoring, week in, week out?
You sound like an England soccer fan, wondering why the other team has just stopped you from playing.
Do you think that a 'classier' player, who can't display his skills at club level, has any chance of cutting it at county level?
How many times have you watched Glenn play this year downjim? Nothing negative or 'hard to watch' about going to Rostrevor and scoring 2-12.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".