Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hedgehunter

I miss understood the question,but it seems I answered it in a round about way. Yes 4 of this years senior teams could play intermediate next year.

Line Ball

I heard that there were only about 150 people at the Championship double header in Newry on Friday night.  Could anyone who was there confirm or deny this?

I believe that this early round of the championship has been put to help the county out of a financial problem which they find themselves in, allegedly of course.  Last year there was a ticket available to buy which, when you bought it, meant you could get into any game you wanted to see.  This year there is no mention of it this year.  It obviously didn't make the county as much money as it should.  This ticket hit the clubs even harder last year and with fewer home League games due to the changes made to the leagues the clubs were supposed to earn more from the Championship gates. It didn't work out that way as many people bought the County Board ticket for £20 odd.  Yet another example of doing things the Down way.

Pangurban

Back Door draw tomorrow 8-30AM, fingers crossed lads

AS

Down v Leitrim June 28th. Pairc Esler

snoopdog

Yep Leitrim at home should see us still playing Championship in July

Aristo 60

Fair enough Snoop but nowadays only the very weakest counties should be out by the end of June. So no accolades from me for July football.

downjim

Not much craic about the champ openers this weekend. Will there be any shocks??

Brick Tamlin

Hardly matter if there will be shocks saying that everyone gets another bite at the cherry in many ways.
The championship has been diluted somewhat if ye ask me and I think ye will see it in attendance figures especially at these early stages.

supersub

Quote from: downjim on June 10, 2014, 10:15:48 PM

Championship began last week and there already has been one 'shock'.

snoopdog

Quote from: Aristo 60 on June 10, 2014, 01:42:39 PM
Fair enough Snoop but nowadays only the very weakest counties should be out by the end of June. So no accolades from me for July football.
All depends on the draw though doesnt it. We could have got a nightmare away in Omagh agin or Clones.

Down Follower

Quote from: supersub on June 11, 2014, 11:16:31 AM
Quote from: downjim on June 10, 2014, 10:15:48 PM

Championship began last week and there already has been one 'shock'.

Yes but it sort of went under the radar because no-one was at them - everyone was at their own league games!
This weekend should see a better atmosphere around the grounds.

charlieTully

how did last nights games go?

SHEEDY

Quote from: charlieTully on June 13, 2014, 12:37:02 PM
rostrevor beat tullylish by a pt. 1-12 to 2-8. rostrevor got a goal in injury time to win it.
nil satis nisi optimum

Down Follower

Quote from: SHEEDY on June 13, 2014, 01:33:27 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on June 13, 2014, 12:37:02 PM
rostrevor beat tullylish by a pt. 1-12 to 2-8. rostrevor got a goal in injury time to win it.

Was an entertaining game after the whitewash in the intermediate game. Point hammered Bosco. Rostrevor were very lethargic in the first half and only when Tullylish got the goal after half time to go 6 up did the game light up. Rostrevor scored 8 points to 1 over the next 25 minutes to go in front only for Tullylish to get another goal on a breakaway to go 2 up. Frantic finish then with an injury time goal winning it for Rostrevor.

charlieTully