Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

umpire

Quote from: Oglach on June 05, 2014, 10:37:13 PM
Prediction competition taking place, give it a stab guys. Bita craic.

Champ! Don't encourage too many!!  More work for me!!!

SHEEDY

Full time SFC. Longstone 1-10 Loughinisland 0-9. the blues had jamie o'reilly sent off for 2 yellows half way through 2nd half. Colly burden got stone goal.
nil satis nisi optimum

Oglach

Prediction competition taking place, give it a stab guys. Bita craic.

Champ! Don't encourage too many!!  More work for me!!!

Champ! Not on this performance!     ;D
Kilcoo beat Glen tonight 2:15 to 0:07. Glen took an early lead and were worth the 3 point lead in 1st ten minutes but fell apart after Kilcoo scored a goal to level. Although well beat i think this young glen team will play division one football next year.

SHEEDY

Full time SFC. Ballyholland 0-10 castlewellan 0-7. not many seen this result coming. ;)
nil satis nisi optimum

gaamann

Just home from Kilcoo v Glenn great performance from Kilcoo showed Glenn have a lot of work still to do when the first goal went in Glenn fell apart Kilcoo had better forwards and Glenn's main men didn't turn up hope its a realty check for some of our posters on here

Hedgehunter

That's a bit harsh on Glenn.. We have exceeded expectations up until this point. Did you really think they would push a very strong and well drilled kilcoo team? Glenn have a small squad of what you would call senior players and a handful were missing tonite,I'm not saying that would have made any difference at all,but we do need all hands on deck in this division.

gaamann

I know they were up against it tonight and know they have done very well to date but some of the posters on here since last week have been losing the run of themselves a decent young team well coached and should stay up but to start talking about county players on the Glenn team is a little silly

Hedgehunter

I myself mentioned one player and I will stick by that and I'm sure anyone that has seen him this year will back me up.

pauly2

Disgusted at the towns performance tonight.. Harps are a poor team but had a bit of edge to their game.. Entertainment on the sideline was worth watchin....

ardtole

Quote from: gaamann on June 06, 2014, 10:33:29 PM
Just home from Kilcoo v Glenn great performance from Kilcoo showed Glenn have a lot of work still to do when the first goal went in Glenn fell apart Kilcoo had better forwards and Glenn's main men didn't turn up hope its a realty check for some of our posters on here

It wasnt that long ago, Kilcoo were in the position that Glenn find themselves in now. Glenn will take great encouragement from this year.

downjim

Great win over the Ford tonight. First big test for the Newcastle men and they failed :)

5 Sams

Quote from: pauly2 on June 06, 2014, 11:33:04 PM
Disgusted at the towns performance tonight.. Harps are a poor team but had a bit of edge to their game.. Entertainment on the sideline was worth watchin....
care to elaborate on the entertainment. I missed the game myself.
The Aristocrat Years

BarryBreensBandage

I don't think anyone on here is surprised that Kilcoo beat Glenn at home, gaaman, so no reality check here. Kilcoo's score taking was outstanding, but I think it is a testament to Glenn's psyche and fitness levels that their strongest quarter was the final one.
At the start of the year, you would have picked this one as Glenn's toughest challenge; it is all about how they react to this defeat, get back up and go at it again. And the attitude they had at the end of the game last night gives me every confidence that they will.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

thebar

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on June 07, 2014, 02:25:50 PM

I don't think anyone on here is surprised that Kilcoo beat Glenn at home, gaaman, so no reality check here. Kilcoo's score taking was outstanding, but I think it is a testament to Glenn's psyche and fitness levels that their strongest quarter was the final one.
At the start of the year, you would have picked this one as Glenn's toughest challenge; it is all about how they react to this defeat, get back up and go at it again. And the attitude they had at the end of the game last night gives me every confidence that they will.

I wouldnt agree with that - Glenn started well with the aid of a fair breeze and their best period was easily the start of the game...after the first 15 mins or so Kilcoo got on top as expected and Glenn didnt trouble them much after that...Glenn done well considering who they were playing (County champions) but they offered little after the 1st 15 mins.

gaamann

No argument's with any of the comments about Kilcoo being Glenn's toughest challenge and went to the game expecting a Kilcoo win but how you loose and how you perform when its a difficult night is also a indicator were the team is and Glenn fell very short last night I just think its to soon to start putting players into county boxes when they have only played a handful of senior games