Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mourne Rover

Laverty did not play particularly well in the league but he is a proven championship performer. While the two Johnstons and Devlin are in the subs,  and capable of making their mark, it is difficult to make a case for them starting.  Most people will be expecting to see Benny on the bench as well, but James might be going for a double bluff. He likes to make keep the opposition guessing over late changes.

Line Ball

At best, Benny is only worth a place on the bench.  He may get 10/15 mins but that will be it.

supersub

Quote from: Mourne Rover on May 15, 2014, 09:35:47 PM
Laverty did not play particularly well in the league but he is a proven championship performer. While the two Johnstons and Devlin are in the subs,  and capable of making their mark, it is difficult to make a case for them starting.  Most people will be expecting to see Benny on the bench as well, but James might be going for a double bluff. He likes to make keep the opposition guessing over late changes.

Don't think any opposition really pay heed to this type of thing to be honest - especially as it seems to happen every game with Down.

downjim

Quote from: Line Ball on May 15, 2014, 10:19:12 PM
At best, Benny is only worth a place on the bench.  He may get 10/15 mins but that will be it.

It's reported he's flying in training. Benny was never a league player. It's our defence Im worried about

Down Follower

Quote from: downjim on May 16, 2014, 01:17:49 PM
Quote from: Line Ball on May 15, 2014, 10:19:12 PM

It's reported he's flying in training. Benny was never a league player. It's our defence Im worried about

If you watch Benny in club games, he is still one of the best we have so totally deserves his place.  I think he will do well on Sunday and a goal or two from him could swing it out way.

No1

This is the least anticipated Down championship game that I can ever remember.

Totally disagree that Benny is only worth a place on the bench, if he is fit and flying then he is first on the team sheet in my eyes.  He looked knackered last year and James has wisely used him sparingly so far this year.  I'd say (and hope) he's chomping at the bit for one last hurrah.

On another note Ballykinlar didn't field tonight, looks like they are gone again.

washed_up

Good luck to the Minors and Seniors today-difficult tasks for both teams in Omagh but hope springs eternal--UP DOWN!!

PAULD123

I think it is time to make a move for McCorry!

Maybe he'll put some Kilcoo players in. Certainly he will bring some organisation

washed_up

i thought the Down subs by in large worked and well done to the team for a great second half and maybe a bit more confidance for next week--UP DOWN!!

our_fella

Quote from: PAULD123 on May 18, 2014, 04:58:06 PM

Maybe he'll put some Kilcoo players in. Certainly he will bring some organisation

What a flipping muppet you are.. You not happy with the rat laverty starting? or 3 of your subs coming on?

charlieTully

Quote from: our_fella on May 18, 2014, 06:27:12 PM
Quote from: PAULD123 on May 18, 2014, 04:58:06 PM

What a flipping muppet you are.. You not happy with the rat laverty starting? or 3 of your subs coming on?

the kilcoo players changed the game significantly, along with benny, ryan Johnstone was very influnential, jerome got the penalty, laverty showed for everything in the second half and set up maginns goal, not bad for a rat, you flipping muppet.

our_fella

I am not disputing the fact that they made a huge difference.. He was lucky he didn't get a straight red for a 100% intentional closed fist punch to Cavanagh. Constantly mouthing at the opposition, (morgan free being moved up), and is the klinsmann of the gaa.

charlieTully

Quote from: our_fella on May 18, 2014, 06:54:17 PM
I am not disputing the fact that they made a huge difference.. He was lucky he didn't get a straight red for a 100% intentional closed fist punch to Cavanagh. Constantly mouthing at the opposition, (morgan free being moved up), and is the klinsmann of the gaa.

show a bit of loyalty man, you may have some personal grievance with him but going on the main down tyrone thread calling one of our players a rat? what is that all about?, f**k sake.

downjim

PAULD123

As far as Laverty goes he hit a clear punch and had it been seen properly he would have walked. That worries me because. His dismissal would have certainly cost us the game and he does hot-headed things like this far too often.

As for my comment on Kilcoo players if you look at the time on the post you will see I made it before James finally saw sense and brought on the 3 Kilcoo players. And the difference they made proves that my comment was fairly sensible.