Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T O Hare

Quote from: forevergreen on May 09, 2014, 11:36:05 PM
Well folks just looking at results tonight, no game for Saval and Leitrim. Anyone know why this wasn't down to be played?

Bryansford setting the standard well and Mayobridge off to a great start.

The loss of some major players for Burren plus the county contingent gonna make this year a rebuilding process and getting some more of the previous under 21players and a few of our minors through.

Can anyone shed light on why Leitrim and Saval didn't play??

I know there was confirmation in Shinn tonight, this was most likely the reason.
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Hedgehunter

Well folks just looking at results tonight, no game for Saval and Leitrim. Anyone know why this wasn't down to be played?

The loss of some major players for Burren plus the county contingent gonna make this year a rebuilding process and getting some more of the previous under 21players and a few of our minors through.

Did Darren Cunningham not get married yesterday?

supersub

Saval player Darren Cunningham got married - presume this is why it was not played.

downjim

Quote from: whitegoodman on April 29, 2014, 08:52:42 PM
Quote from: ardtole on April 29, 2014, 09:54:06 AM
I see Bryansford are 7/1 with paddy power to win the Down SFC, surely they must be worth a gamble at that price. I dont see much senior football but with Dawsons track record and the quality of player available 7/1 looks tasty.

Good call and worth a punt at them odds.  It between them and Kilcoo IMO.  Difficult to understand why Dawson failed so badly at Antrim.  From what I have seen he is a great coach, a good man manager (despite what has been said about the dispute with the couple of boys in Antrim) and decent tactically.

In fact I'd go as far as to say that when James decides to call it a day and it should be his decision, then the first port of call would be to see if McCrory and Dawson would double up together.  Seem to complement each others strengths well IMO but its whether two big personalities could work together.

Where are the odds?? Who are favourites??

ardtole

Burren are favourites @ 13/8, then Kilcoo @2/1, ford now 6/1 and mayobridge 13/2. I got on Bryansford at 7/1, I was told they were as high as 10/1 at one stage. The prices are with paddy power. 

Down Follower

Quote from: ardtole on May 13, 2014, 11:07:44 PM
Burren are favourites @ 13/8, then Kilcoo @2/1, ford now 6/1 and mayobridge 13/2. I got on Bryansford at 7/1, I was told they were as high as 10/1 at one stage. The prices are with paddy power.

Hard to argue with Burren and Kilcoo as favourites given their domination over the last 5 years.  However, local football people know that Burren are a different team now, not quite transition but near it.  Ford and Bridge are definite runners this year. Castlewellan do not appear quite as strong as they were last year.  Outside that, no-one has a chance.

southdown

Any more team news ahead of Sunday?

downjim

Quote from: Down Follower on May 14, 2014, 09:56:23 AM
Quote from: ardtole on May 13, 2014, 11:07:44 PM

Hard to argue with Burren and Kilcoo as favourites given their domination over the last 5 years.  However, local football people know that Burren are a different team now, not quite transition but near it.  Ford and Bridge are definite runners this year. Castlewellan do not appear quite as strong as they were last year.  Outside that, no-one has a chance.

Big odds for Ford and the Bridge. Both going well but they will crack  in the championship
Top two  are rightly favs but very short. The fired

snoopdog

Has a Down Ulster Championship match ever been so low key. Does anyone have any confidence going into sundays game.
all travelling in hope more than anything. It probably will be a very long wait till the Qualifiers.

Pangurban

Barely mentioned on here, in most peoples minds this game is already conceded, we are at a very low point

Ed Hardy

Anybody know if Darren O'Hagan is fit? Dan Gordan back and Jamie O'Reilly is a great boost!

supersub

O'Hagan touch and go I think, was due to play Sunday past to see how he got on. Playing fit and Championship fit are worlds apart though!!

Line Ball

I wouldn't be too optimistic about Sunday and we haven't many options either to bring in. Possible team

Mc Veigh
Mc Cartan
Mc Ardle
Costello
Boyle
Carr
Garvey
Mc Kernan
Gordon
Rodgers
Poland
Maginn
Laverty
Madine
O'Hare

Not a bad team but I think that's where it ends.  I doubt it's the back door for us.

downjim

Not one member of the last two years championship winners. Seems strange. Has Laverty not been on form recently.

Line Ball

The team announced will have at least 3 changes - no chance that team will take the field.  Who does James think he is kidding?