Burren v Kilcoo

Arles/Killeen v Portlaoise

Summerhill v Na Fianna

Dr Crokes v Austin Stacks

International Rules

Don't know which game on TG4 live yet.

Bound to be Crokes.

Confused

This is 3/4 time rodders88 has come on here and vehemently defended Steve. You would have to be a fanatic, boarding on obsessive to know all them facts. If I was miss marble, I would think Steve p is masquerading as rodders88:):)

S.Poacher2012

Come on down to our coaching day everyone and you'll get the chance to meet the real me  :D

Don't think there ll be too many takers but anyway here's the details of our day;

GAA Football Coaching Clinic

Saturday 9th November 2013

"Tackling for Success" (10 different Tackling games/drills)

Coaching Forum – Implications of the "Black Card"   
when Coaching the tackle, guests include;

2013 Down Senior Football Captain Mark Poland &
2013 Armagh Senior Football Captain Ciaran Mc Keever
[/size]

St Columban's College Kilkeel

£10 (Includes Tea/Coffee and information book
** Proceeds for the development of GAA in St Columban's**

Contact Steven Poacher to confirm place via text to 07779780919
or email to stevepoacher@hotmail.com **Payment on the day**

supersub

Quote from: Confused on October 17, 2013, 09:11:29 AM
This is 3/4 time rodders88 has come on here and vehemently defended Steve. You would have to be a fanatic, boarding on obsessive to know all them facts. If I was miss marble, I would think Steve p is masquerading as rodders88:):)

Please see above poster name.

Down Follower

Quote from: Confused on October 17, 2013, 09:11:29 AM

Yes he does seem to have an unusual knowledge of Steve!!  ;D  Truthfully though, anyone with a half decent interest in Down football would probably know all those things so your secret is safe for another while rodders88!!

Rodders88

haha confused...i don't think stevie would be that sad...or would he? ;)

I'm just speaking from personal experience and I couldn't say a bad word about him.  He takes alot of stick on here from boys who probably haven't even meet him.   

p.s thanks Down follower...don't let the cat outa the bag  ;)

our_fella

Interesting Mckeever asked to coach people on tackling, after hear near decapitation of a Ballymacnab player 2 weeks ago!  ;D

Rodders88

Another wee dig at Poacher here....you must seriously hate him. Explain?

Confused

Lol. Miss Marble I ain't. No more about poacher, he loves this sh##e.

urbangael

Congrats to drumgath on their intermediate win. I was at the game and must say they looked impressive all over the field. Maginn in midfield and Downey up front were probably the pick. Will they get a run with the county for McKenna cup? I know big Downey was on the panel a few yrs back but he mustn't have made that much impression or was he playing overseas for a few yrs?

Down Follower

Ok now seriously we have to at least mention the game on Sunday before it is over!!!  Two best teams in the County by far - the best final Down could have hoped for in my eyes.  I personally believe Burren have the best players in the County but Kilcoo while also having good players have something that gives them a bit extra as team.  I think this could balance the game out and i believe, and hope, that it will be a tight affair.  In fact i believe that Kilcoo will come out on top of a dog fight.  Dont expect too much fancy free flowing football here.  Kilcoo are going down the Crossmaglen route of becoming a machine that just rolls on without too much fuss.  But if anyone can stop them, then Burren have the players to do it. It will be a low scoring dog fight though which will suit Kilcoo.

Final outcome - Kilcoo 0-11, Burren 1-07.

In the minor final, something similar what with the weather etc.  Mayobridge have been flying all year but Rostrevor are usually good in underage finals so Rostrevor by a couple of points.

Brick Tamlin

Senior Final
Burren are unrivalled in terms of their resources in this county. They have the best panel of players, with big game experience at all levels with club and county. They have coasted through the league at their leisure with only one goal in mind this year...Sunday.
They have been playing an attractive brand of football throughout the year based on speed and movement. They have been made to look like the Harlem Globetrotters at times, moving the ball off the shoulder and banging in goals left, right and centre. Goals have been a big 'contributing factor' to the success of their season so far and it isn't by coincidence. This is the influence of the new man in charge.
They have match winners and experience in key positions and their talent is clear to see. BUT....one would think they haven't been tested like they will be tested on sunday. Can they mix it for an hour if the game develops into a horrible, turgid, low scoring, niggly, stop-start affair. Have they the gonads for a dogfight with the grizzliest of dogs about? Have their young but talented players the temperament for such an affair where their own game is to be sacrificed for the good of the end result? Can their egos be kept in check and replaced with the maturity of a team of contenders on the biggest stage? Their talent and flair alone wont be enough to win this game.

Kilcoo will look back on the Bridge game with the satisfaction of knowing that they were well below par and didn't play anywhere like they know they can. McCorry has probably handed out a few boots up the hole since that game and if anything one would expect them to come out of the traps like demons on sunday and hit the ground running. Kilcoo will test every ounce of Burren's mental fortitude, and then some. They will try every psychological trick in the book to upset Burren. They will be in their faces trashtalking at every opportunity. Certain opposing players will be targeted for special treatment. Expect to see whoever is shining for Burren to be targeted in turns by aggressive little magpies. Its all horrible stuff to see but its one of Kilcoo's weapons of choice. If Kilcoo can overwhelm Burren with superior work rate and dogged defensive play to snuff out Burrens goal threat then it will be half the battle. Will Conor Laverty and his chums in the forward line be able to damage the score board in the same way we know the Burren attack can?

It promises to be an intriguing affair.
The head says that Burren with their superior personnel and talent should come through with a few to spare.

Minors.
Mayobridge had the shock of the round beating 'Point in semi-final and were defensively excellent (no coincidence when ye consider Brendan Grants involvement). Rostrevor have looked solid and consistent all year. Doyle V Quinn in the shootout. How will the others fill in around that? Rostrevor have a decent spread of talent but Mayobridge are a dogged lot and have snuffed out attacking threats before. Mayobridge are the surprise packet in the final whereas the reds aren't.
Rostrevor by 5pts.

DaisyCutter

What an eeijit you are Tamlin!!
"The Upper Class V The Working Class".

Brick Tamlin

Calm your sausages. It was only a quip.
Hard to argue with a lot of your measured and ell thought out response though Daisycutter ;)