Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Town Gael

Exactly how do these two results prove anything ?????? Taking the point as an example before the start of the championship they got beat by 7 points on one occasion , That was the most all year ! they have been competitive most of the year taking a few big scalps along the way. As for the burren and castlewellan results they were relegated for both barring a miracle so is it really a big surprise they didn't turn up???

idiots who post knee jerk comments without any substance do my head in
[/quote]

Warrenpoint haven't beaten anyone in the top half of the table so who are these big scalps you mention? Being competitive is no good if you still lose. Division 1 needs to be a 12 team league at most. Whoever get promoted to it for next year will be the whipping boys of the division.

the derg

Aghaderg div 3 champions beating Killyleigh comfortably first title in 55 years 😄

BarryBreensBandage

Glenn promoted to Div 1 - Yeoooo!! Great performance against Bredagh.

(Congrats to Aghaderg)
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

supersub

Rostrevor beat downpatrick by 2. Long stone beat the kingdom. Point and kingdom down by my reckoning.

snoopdog

Quote from: the derg on September 07, 2013, 08:02:03 PM
Aghaderg div 3 champions beating Killyleigh comfortably first title in 55 years 😄
congrats to Aghaderg delighted for them. one in the eye for those that transferred out to near neighbours in the hope of success.
Best of luck in the junior championship, go one  better than last year.

Also well done to Glen good to see them back in top flight.

Had links with both clubs

passedit

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on September 07, 2013, 08:59:18 PM
Glenn promoted to Div 1 - Yeoooo!! Great performance against Bredagh.

(Congrats to Aghaderg)

Tullylish also up. Back in the top division for the first time since 1978. Good day for West Down. Hope Tullylish (especially) and Glenn prove the naysayers of the past few pages wrong.

Don't Panic

our_fella

Can see Glenn getting 3 points maximum next year in Div 1... Get it back to 10 teams!

DownFanatic

Congrats to Aghaderg. Division 2 football and hopefully a JFC to add to it.

Well done to the Lish and Glenn. Fantastic achievement.

The IFC and JFC winners from last year both relegated back to the grade below (Warrenpoint and Dundrum). An Riocht down from Div 1 as well as Kilclief down from Div 2.

Line Ball

Quote from: our_fella on September 08, 2013, 01:50:20 AM
Can see Glenn getting 3 points maximum next year in Div 1... Get it back to 10 teams!

I'm sure they'll score a few more than that, not many more though :)

Neither Glenn nor Tullylish have any hope of winning more than half a dozen games between them next year.  The tubes that voted through this joke of a league really need to take a look at themselves, and I know it was the clubs who agreed to it but its just not happening.  What was wrong with it the way it was?  Clubs had found their niche in either Div 1, 2, 3 or 4 with the odd few clubs like Warrenpoint, Annaclone too good for one division but not good enough for the one above.  Well done to Glenn and Tullylish on gaining promotion but they will be cannon fodder for many teams and ship some heavy defeats.  What good is that for football in Down or either of these clubs for that matter?

washed_up

insecurity and self survival and i suppose you cant blame them for throwing up a wall for protectionism but really they(and everyone else) should take the rough with the smooth

Line Ball

Quote from: washed_up on September 08, 2013, 10:53:14 AM
insecurity and self survival and i suppose you cant blame them for throwing up a wall for protectionism but really they(and everyone else) should take the rough with the smooth

What?

DaisyCutter

Best wishes to Benny McArdle who suffered a bad head injury yesterday after colliding with a close pitchside Retainning wall in Annaclone yesterday.

Any reports from Burren yesterday as Clonduff beat them by a point.

Buffer

Clonduff by a point in this game,they are hitting form at the right time going into play the magpies. Burren were short but still a very good result which they badly needed. What happened with mccardle,was he pushed in to the wall??

DaisyCutter

He was shouldered out over the side line, but the wall is shockingly close to the sideline.
How they ever got that wall passed ill never no, as their are now strick guidlines in place in terms of run off areas outside the playing boundries.

Down Follower

Quote from: Buffer on September 08, 2013, 09:01:21 PM
Clonduff by a point in this game,they are hitting form at the right time going into play the magpies. Burren were short but still a very good result which they badly needed.

This was a massive win for Clonduff because it wasnt looking especially good for them with Rostrevor and Liatrom seemingly on winning runs.  Clonduff by all accounts escaped the play off spot as a result of this win. Rostrevors win over Downpatrick and Loughinislands loss to Saval now brings those two teams back into the mix. 

Point and An Riocht gone, with playoff spot now between Rostrevor, Liatrom, Downpatrick and Loughinisland.

Loughinislands last game is at home to Burren.
Downpatricks last game is at home to Liatrom therefore one of these two will definitely escape.
Liatrom also have to play Saval away.
Rostrevor have two games left, home to Warrenpoint and home to Bryansford.

The actual play off should not overly concern any of these teams as you would expect them to defeat St Johns as it looks like in a play off.  However, unless Tullylish win the intermediate championship then the play off position will also mean the loss of senior championship status for 2014.