Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minus15

9 out of 16 clubs in Div 2 from South Down so you would expect less travelling for those clubs.

Anyone got the full list of fixtures that they can post up here as they seem to be gone from the Down website

DownFanatic

Quote from: Mourne man on January 11, 2013, 12:07:02 PM
anyone know how relegation promotion is going to work this year

Bottom two go down, top two go up. Third from bottom then plays third from top with winner retaining/gaining place in the higher division.

Mourne man

anyone got any predictions as to who will go up and go down

stiff breeze

Quote from: DownFanatic on January 11, 2013, 08:58:11 PM
Quote from: Mourne man on January 11, 2013, 12:07:02 PM
anyone know how relegation promotion is going to work this year

Bottom two go down, top two go up. Third from bottom then plays third from top with winner retaining/gaining place in the higher division.

Is this accurate DF? What happens the winner of the intermediate champ surely they have to go up too if the divisions are 1 for senior, two for intermediate and 3 for junior?

southdown

Can season tickets be used for the McKenna Cup, or is it just league and champonship? Cheers.

snoopdog

Canal Court signed up with Down for another couple of years. New jersey before league starts.

NP 76

Southdown the season tickets only can be used for the league and the championship. I am glad to see the Canal Court staying on for another term as sponsors. They have been very loyal to Down over the years

Down Follower

Quote from: Mourne man on January 11, 2013, 09:12:21 PM
anyone got any predictions as to who will go up and go down

In Division 1, relegation will be between the 6 teams who got promoted. No big surprise there. Who it will be out of those 6 really depends on the start they get to the year. 
Rostrevor, Liatrom, Loughinisland and Warrenpoint should be best placed to stay up. The first 3 because of their recent experience in Division 1 and the Point because there is no doubt they are an emerging team.  That leaves An Riocht and Annaclone. By all accounts, An Riocht have not seen any of their foreign legion returning so it will hard for them to survive the full season on a small squad, and Annaclone just because they havent got the experience although they do have plenty of spirit which will help them no end.

League winners will be between Burren, Kilcoo and Mayobridge.  They are the 3 most consistent teams in the County and the winners should emerge here.

Bryansford, extremely talented, extremely inconsistent in league format so wont challenge for league.
Clonduff and Longstone, something similar although not quite as good as the Ford.

Saval, Ballyholland, Castlewellan and Downpatrick will be happy to stay out the relegation battle and should have enough to do just that.

PAULD123

I think you are being harsh on Bryansford's chances. As there is a play-off for league champion I think they deserve to be rated along with Burren, the Bridge and Kilcoo as potential winners.

citykid5

I wud totally agree with you there pauld. They are a great young outfit, just look at the four subs they used in the county semi last year. And remember Burren have new management in Carr and the bridge in Woods, laverty and walsh. How long will it take for them to settle in, ot will they at all. Mcgrath is proven and maybe there u21 success will propelll them to senior success.

Down Follower

Quote from: PAULD123 on January 16, 2013, 10:22:39 AM
I think you are being harsh on Bryansford's chances. As there is a play-off for league champion I think they deserve to be rated along with Burren, the Bridge and Kilcoo as potential winners.

I agree that Bryansford are one of the top teams, no question, and they will most certainly challenge for championship honours, I just think history shows that they dont take the league that seriously, therefore I dont think they will be in the running for it.

DownFanatic

2013 Managers

Division 1

Burren - Paddy Carr
Kilcoo - Jim McCorry
Bryansford - Pete McGrath
Saval - Darren Quinn
Longstone - Greg McCartan
Ballyholland - Shane Mulholland
Downpatrick - Paul Lambe
Rostrevor - Gerard Colgan
An Riocht -
Annaclone - John Morgan
Loughinisland - Kyran Smyth
Liatroim - Paddy O'Higgins
Mayobridge - Mickey Walsh/Eoghan Woods/Colin Laverty
Clonduff - Paul McShane/Tony Wilson
Castlewellan -
Warrenpoint - Conor Tinnelly

Division 2

Shamrocks - Mickey Linden
Saul - PJ Magee
Bredagh - Eunan Conway
Glasdrumman - Tom Potter
Glenn -
Dundrum -
St Johns - Sean Ward
Clann na Banna - Damien Rafferty
Tullylish - Mark Harte
Atticall -
Ballymartin - Johnny McComiskey
Darragh Cross - Pat McMahon
Kilclief -
Drumgath -
Carryduff -
Bosco -

Division 3

Drumaness - Colum Flynn
Mitchels -
Ballykinlar - Alan Grant
Aghaderg -
Aughlisnafin - Emmett Devlin
Bright -
Killyleagh - Ciaran Keenan
St Pauls -
Teconnaught -
Dromara -
St Michaels -
Ardglass -

5 Sams

Ballyholland - Shane Mulholland
The Aristocrat Years

citykid5

Mayobridge coke laverty, Walsh and woods.

ApresMatch

Niall McAleenan at Castlewellan was reported on here few weeks back. Is that John Morgan from Dundrum at Annaclone?