Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EagleLord

Snoopdog, your key word being individuals. This tarnishing the whole kilcoo team and club as racist is ridiculous. Sure I walked into work yesterday, and one of the lads, from Louth he is, says aw heres the Down racist! It was a bit of craic like I laughed it off, but I put him right. Not only was he throwing the blanket over the whole team, club, parish, but the whole county! The pictures and 'memes' on facebook are a laugh to be honest, but end of the day, it is a seious issue. But lets not kid ourselves that trash-talking is only a issue as of Sunday.

Mourne Rover

The club players who racially abused Lee Chin in Wexford this summer got two months, so Kilcoo may argue that set a precedent.
Given that the latest incident was a provincial final, the Ulster Council could propose something longer in the event of a finding of guilt. However, as serious allegations have been made against Kilcoo supporters as well, it is possible that the whole club will face punishment.

5 Sams

In fairness lads Downjim is obviously a stray from Hoganstand or Bebo. Pass no remarks.
The Aristocrat Years

NP 76

Word going about that Gerry Quinn  from Clonduff passed away this morning a true Gael RIP

thewobbler

Very sad to hear about Jerry Quinn.

We had a few minor run-ins over County Board stuff from time to time, but he was a true Gael, one of those people who always put GAA first, and we were lucky to have him.

5 Sams

I had a lot of time for Gerry. Sad news. RIP
The Aristocrat Years

umpire

Jerry Quinn RIP.   Always enjoyed reading his reports in Outlook.

Maurice Moss

RIP Jerry. Sad news for his family club and county.

Dubh driocht

Shocked to hear about Jerry's death- a dedicated Gael, without ego, and a huge figure in Clonduff. I know he was so proud to lead the county for a brief period and while many other people would have thrown in the towel after his term of office finished, he remained committed. He suffered directly during the troubles but was always a calm and reassuring presence who will be missed.

washed_up

Deepest sympathy to Jerrys wife and family,his fellow members at Clonduff and Down will remember him as a dedicated gael and tireless advocate of the association,his opinions and thoughts were much sought after by many many gaa supporters all over the county and indeed further afield-our association owes a great debt to Jerry Quinn from Hilltown-from me i have only words-Thank you Jerry Quinn many clubs in Down benefited because of your insight, knowledge and dedication to everything GAA-R.I.P.

NP 76

Was talking to a lad from the Abbey this evening who said that Dan Gordon has broken his foot again apparently it's the same foot he broke last year. Hope he recovers in good time big loss for the league if that's the case

Ed Hardy

Any word of the McKenna cup panel yet?

DownFanatic

Anyone any idea who the new football U-21 management team is? Trials start this weekend but afaik there has been no official announcement regarding management.

NP 76

As far as i know James is taking them in along with the seniors and will have a say in looking after both.

supersub

Any word on management changes within clubs for next year?