Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlieTully

Quote from: lucan on November 18, 2012, 10:43:47 PM
in reply to all the narrow minded dudes who knocked young mooney for speaking his mind be aware in these times of recession his livelyhood is considerably more important to him than the rantings of  cretons.

the audacity of commenting on an interview of a professional sportsman in which he critices the GAA, and on a GAA discussion board of all places. cretons indeed lucan narrow minded as well. but as long as we are dudes. good man.

wildrover

Congratulations to Kilcoo on their hard-fought win yesterday.

Thought they had excellent performers in Darragh o Hanlon who kicked a few outstanding scores, Daryl Brannigan who won his individual battle with CJ McGourty hands down, and Paul Devlin who also kicked a couple of fine scores and claimed an excellent fetch in the dying minutes which led to Kilcoo's final score (a free which he himself tapped over). Conor Laverty was well marshalled and had a huge task to try to win the sort of ball that Kilcoo put in throughout the game (high diagonal ball more suited to a bigger target-man) but still managed to carve out the outstanding moment of the game with a perfectly weighted through ball to Sean O Hanlon that led directly to the goal. Ryan Johnstone looked classy when he came on and had a big impact. Surely he must be pushing for a starting position?

On the negative side Stevey Kane in nets looked shaky from start to finish under any sort of high ball (unusually for him). Gerard McEvoy was troubled by his physically bigger direct opponent throughout, although managed to pop up with a vital fisted point at the end, Gary McEvoy didnt really contribute.

On the Niall McEvoy red card incident, he actually received a slap in the face from Karl Stewart first and had he himself gone down Stewart should have walked. As it was he blatantly stuck the head into the Galls man and now misses the biggest game of his career. Aiden Brannigan was fortunate not to be cautioned for a high tackle in the first half approx 5 minutes before he got yellow carded for another high tackle.

Was v.disappointed with St Galls. They actually didnt look fit and their lack of desire to match Kilcoo's work rate was evident.

With regard Crossmaglen, I genuinely cannot see Kilcoo troubling them.  They will be as fit as kilcoo, they are a stronger more physical side than kilcoo and amazingly their desire shows no sign of abating. They also have a few more marquee names than kilcoo that should have more than enough to see them over the line.

Anyway that is for another day. Congratulations again to Kilcoo....

Orior

Anyone here from the Leitrim club?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

angermanagement

Fair play to Kilcoo the hard work in the youth developement t over the years has paid off. Hopefully they can go the whole way someone has to beat Cross at some stage why not Kilcoo.

Who's the rest of the management team apart from McCrory ?

DaisyCutter

There assistant coaches are Sean Michael Johnston (brother of Jerome on the county set up) and Paddy Murray. Both played ball for the Magpies for years.

A very fair analysis of the game Wildrover of the Kilcoo game on Sunday. Although a few of their players will be disappointed with thier own game Sunday, I think the final will give them the opportunity to rectify this. But fair play to them for battling through a difficult contest and having the determination and know how to get the greatest result in their history.

Personally I am still trying to come to terms of what they have achieved here, it's unreal for them and I wish them all the very best in the final (along with Warrenpoint in the intermediate final).

A neighbour told me yesterday that every player on the Kilcoo Panel came through their Primary School and played for them from U12's up. That's an amazing statistic for a parish of such small numbers. Probably all cousins too :-)! But well done Magpies, you's deserve it!

downjim

Warrenpoint have apparently asked paddy o rourke to take them next year.for a club that yaps on about us stealing their players I think this stinks of hypocrisy

Minus15

Hardly. Good look to the Point. Undoubtedly the highest achievers in the county this year!

pointlad

Quote from: downjim on November 23, 2012, 07:09:32 PM
Warrenpoint have apparently asked paddy o rourke to take them next year.for a club that yaps on about us stealing their players I think this stinks of hypocrisy

Untrue rumours apparently with all who I have spoken to within the club to date.

Seems a bit of sour grapes and trying to take the glass of our great year with 2 final victories over yourselves only by the "wee towny club". I can assure you from what I have seen we are moving in the right direction and will be competing with all these bigger clubs at all levels in the coming years

downjim

not a hope point lad. This happens once in a while with you.

RadioGAAGAA

What the f**k you gurning about?

So the point should run their manager shortlist past you for approval before going and looking for a new man?

Oh, and even the thickest of simpletons realises that poaching players =/= hiring a manager.

i usse an speelchekor

alba2

Surely the point have a bit of sense and will keep hold of their current manager who has guided them to an ulster final??? They have a real balanced look to the team and there are no pri madonas about the place - i think they will give Cookstown a good run for it on Sunday.

PAULD123

Warrenpoint will not be paying for an outside manager to come in. Personally though I would welcome any contribution Paddy would be willing to make on a voluntary basis if he so wished. you can only benefit from his wealth of experience. Mind you - Voluntary - don't see that happening!

tirnaog

I have to say well done to warrenpoint and Kilcoo for getting to the Ulster Final ,but in my opinion I think their opposition will just be too strong for them on the day

citykid5

he has to stay on, no matter about the result on sunday. Or is he jumping ship while the going is good? Up with the big boys next year.

supersub

Not really. Another terrible comment from yourself.