Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

forevergreen

Quote from: sean og on September 30, 2012, 08:16:08 PM
Why not take in neutral refs for the championship ie Antrim/ Armagh and vice-versa

because that would mean other counties having to take our referees for their championships!!!!
I think not

umpire

All games at Pairc Esler
Friday 05th Oct
IFC   7.00   Drumgath v St John Bosco
SFC   8.30   Bryansford v Kilcoo
Sunday 07th Oct
IFC   5.00 Tullylish v Warrenpoint
SFC    6.30   Longstone v Mayobridge

thewobbler

Quote from: sean og on September 30, 2012, 08:16:08 PM
Why not take in neutral refs for the championship ie Antrim/ Armagh and vice-versa

Why not try to understand that in order to attract better people to take on this thankless task, you don't stick up two fingers.

Refs want to be recognised as the best, just as players to. Refereeing the SFC is that recognition.

The Real Real Gael

So the quarter finals are over, Mayobridge stumbled over the line, Longstone caused the shock of the year, Bryansford won with more than a bit to spare and Kilcoo kicked, head butted and dragged their way to a win against Castlewellan. With the untimely exit of the champions we are no closer to knowing who will win the championship, all four teams will really fancy it. Unfortunately the main talking point over the weekend is not the football but the disgusting scenes witnessed by women and children in the stands by the so called leaders along the line. First up we have the man people on here were talking about as a possible Down selector Gregory Mc Cartan, this man should not be allowed near a club side again never mind a county side. Kicking flags, smoking along the line in a stadium which bans smoking, throwing water bottles, running onto the pitch to try and intimidate the referee (which he obviously did) and trying to slap the flag out of an officials hand. Last year Frank Dawson won like a champion, with respect and dignity, this year he lost like a champion. Then we have the club who think they can do what they like on and off the field, Kilcoo, the small fat man with the kilcoo tracksuit was responsible for most of the unsavory incidents on the field and as for the nutter with the bib on what would a sensible man like Jim have him around the place for. The semi finals should be interesting.                                   

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-The Real Real Gael takes no prisoners-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

5 Sams

Quote from: The Real Real Gael on September 30, 2012, 09:30:46 PM
So the quarter finals are over, Mayobridge stumbled over the line, Longstone caused the shock of the year, Bryansford won with more than a bit to spare and Kilcoo kicked, head butted and dragged their way to a win against Castlewellan. With the untimely exit of the champions we are no closer to knowing who will win the championship, all four teams will really fancy it. Unfortunately the main talking point over the weekend is not the football but the disgusting scenes witnessed by women and children in the stands by the so called leaders along the line. First up we have the man people on here were talking about as a possible Down selector Gregory Mc Cartan, this man should not be allowed near a club side again never mind a county side. Kicking flags, smoking along the line in a stadium which bans smoking, throwing water bottles, running onto the pitch to try and intimidate the referee (which he obviously did) and trying to slap the flag out of an officials hand. Last year Frank Dawson won like a champion, with respect and dignity, this year he lost like a champion. Then we have the club who think they can do what they like on and off the field, Kilcoo, the small fat man with the kilcoo tracksuit was responsible for most of the unsavory incidents on the field and as for the nutter with the bib on what would a sensible man like Jim have him around the place for. The semi finals should be interesting.                                   

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-The Real Real Gael takes no prisoners-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Good man RRG. We get the point and it was good crack while it lasted but it's not funny anymore. Give it a rest.
The Aristocrat Years

EDChief

Quote from: the derg on September 29, 2012, 08:45:02 PM
Delighted for Aghaderg to be back in the jfc final they really deserved to beat Drumaness and were never behind the whole match obviously Dundrum will be favourites but for a club that has been decimated by transfers in the recent past this has brought a real buzz into the parish today everyone played their part in a gutsy performance with the half back line and midfield outstanding well done lads and management
now lets win .....................

A great achievement for Aghaderg considering the number of high profile players you have "lost" over the past couple of years. 
What has turned things around?  Who is the manager?

Quote from: DownFanatic on September 29, 2012, 07:45:58 PM
Down JFC Semi Finals
Aghaderg 2-09  Drumaness 0-11
Dundrum 4-09  Aughlisnafin 1-06

Did i here that McComiskey picked up a fairly heavy knock in the semi final and would be a doubt for the final?

thegael

The dust has settled and Burren are gone out of the championship .Last year they were very lucky against 'stone and the year before lucky v 'ford.They got 2 lucky Frank O'Hare Cups !
As a club they probably don't adhere to the parish rule , that is another issue.
The 'stone faced them down on Friday night and they crumbled.From before the game the body language of the Burren contingent said to me they had been pysched out of it .What happened afterwards in the second half confirmed this.
They need to re-evaluate where they are at as a club.The financial climate has changed considerably and they probably can't afford to be paying for all the extras , mental gurus and noteable others.
Interestingly prematch they seemed all to have the wrong body language and frame of mind for some reason.
It is time to look at their own coaches from within now and move back to traditional values.I know of the push last year for an insider and I think now is the time for the club boss to let this happen.

the gael takes no prisoners !!

downjim

The gael you have not a clue what your talking about. We should have finished the stone off in th e first half and I really don't believe they are as good as the county is sgesting . We have the strongest coaching set up in down and the jealously should stop

whitegoodman

Christ there is some shite talked on here whether it is downjim, the Gael, the real Gael or the real real Gael.

Getting harder by the day to have any meaningful discussion on here.

Time for break from it.

dundrumite

Quote from: whitegoodman on October 01, 2012, 08:24:03 PM
Christ there is some shite talked on here whether it is downjim, the Gael, the real Gael or the real real Gael.

Getting harder by the day to have any meaningful discussion on here.

Time for break from it.

There should be an IQ test to pass before posting.

Lecale2

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: whitegoodman on October 01, 2012, 08:24:03 PM

What about "The continuity Gael"?

Or "The low fat Gael"?

Or "I can't believe its not the Gael".

A few potential usernames if anyone is after multi-logins!!!  ;D
i usse an speelchekor

Down Mad

I see the Match for Michaela was launched in Casement Park yesterday. What a great event this promises to be. I hope they get a great turnout on the night. I will certainly be there. Fair play to Micky Harte and John McAreavey, they truly are an inspiration.

the derg

The Aghaderg management team consists of Noel Sexton (not the Mayobridge one ) and Aidan Hegarty the team has had a fresh batch of capable minors, seasoned campagners who are injury free and a few transfers (legal by the way) who have strengthened the team........ obviously there is the feel good factor after a run of wins and the team are looking forward to the final.

thegael

In case my posts were missed due to wannabees-

Well I'm back , for years I haven't seen a victory like this for us.
Traditional values versus money values over the top paid managers , mental gurus etc.. !
It was a game between a small rural club versus the club that began paying crazy money to managers in this county .
One club managed by a guy who represents all that is good about gaels and the other by a club with a history of Antrim men all paid very well , motivated by money with very close associations with soccer .One club representing all the values that  the GAA is about versus another that apparently  takes in Warrenpoint,Rostrevor ,Tullylish as part of its parish .
The modern club versus the club.The club that pays managers, mental gurus all on a gravy train versus the club perched in the mountains.
What a night !

The dust has settled and Burren are gone out of the championship .Last year they were very lucky against 'stone and the year before lucky v 'ford.They got 2 lucky Frank O'Hare Cups !
As a club they probably don't adhere to the parish rule , that is another issue.
The 'stone faced them down on Friday night and they crumbled.From before the game the body language of the Burren contingent said to me they had been pysched out of it .What happened afterwards in the second half confirmed this.
They need to re-evaluate where they are at as a club.The financial climate has changed considerably and they probably can't afford to be paying for all the extras , mental gurus and noteable others.
Interestingly prematch they seemed all to have the wrong body language and frame of mind for some reason.
It is time to look at their own coaches from within now and move back to traditional values.I know of the push last year for an insider and I think now is the time for the club boss to let this happen.