Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Down Mad

We We Win

Fair point about Div 3 being over when the next round of the Championship is scheduled. However I don't think the leagues matter too much to anyone this year because of the restructure. Most of the teams in the 3rd will be fully geared up for the Championship as they will have already secured division 2 status for next year.

My dark horse for what it is worth would be Tullylish. Won it in 2010 and have the experience to maybe go far again. A 10 point victory over a fancied Saul side in th first round indicates that maybe the Tullylish boys want to give it a crack again. They would have it all to do though.

goldenyears

Who cares about IFC! Ironic that most posters on here seem to be more informed on KFC and IFC matters! I am sick reading horse shit from f**k wits - this used to be a great board to incite some proper informed opinions on down gaa!

Brick Tamlin

Wasn't that long ago you would have cared about intermediate. Youse arent exactly senior championship heavyweights by any stretch.Wind your neck in.

thebar

Quote from: goldenyears on August 15, 2012, 12:31:06 AM
Who cares about IFC! Ironic that most posters on here seem to be more informed on KFC and IFC matters! I am sick reading horse shit from f**k wits - this used to be a great board to incite some proper informed opinions on down gaa!

Catch yourself on

dundrumite

Ridiculous first line there. Generally enjoy your posts but that line goes beyond the realm of arrogance. However the rest of this post is valid enough.

southdown

Cannot wait for the 'stone v an riocht!

Naomh Pol CLG

What a tool.. You will care soon enough when your lot are back playing in it.. Never seen such unfounded crass arrogance! >:(

outinfront

whitegoodman

It appears GY is an extremely good fisherman ;D

knockitdown

Has anyone any idea how Div 3 finishes this year? I've heard three different senarios to date:

1.  Who ever finishes top wins the league, no playofff
2. The top two teams play in a league final.
3. The teams that finish second and third play off in a semi final and then go into a league final against whoever finish top.

Can anyone confirm what is going to happen?

Down Mad

'Has anyone any idea how Div 3 finishes this year? I've heard three different senarios to date:

1.  Who ever finishes top wins the league, no playofff
2. The top two teams play in a league final.
3. The teams that finish second and third play off in a semi final and then go into a league final against whoever finish top.

Can anyone confirm what is going to happen?'

The third option that you have, is the format for the playoffs for the 3rd Div.

TORGAEL

Re Division 3, whoever finishes top wins the league...no playoffs.

lucan

regarding how div 3 ends. did u not know that only mi5 that is[ the county board] knows the procedure. of the 3 options outlined the first is definitely out . only 2 and 3 are feasable.. can we have the answer from mi5 please?..as they have not communicated very well up to know

umpire

Ballyholland 0.9 Downpatrick 2.12
Saval 1.13 Castlewellan 0.10
Longstone 3.8 Clonduff 2.12
Kilcoo 1.10 Bryansford 2.10
Burren 1.12 Mayobridge 0.9

general

Glasdrumman 3-8 V 0-10 Drumgath

St John Bosco 2-10 V 2-8 St John's

St Colman's Drumaness 0-10 V 1-12 Glenn

Darragh Cross 0-15 V 1-9 Saul