Next set of Fixtures:

Ardglass v Drumgath
Dundrum v Mitchels
Teconnaught v Tullylish
St. Pauls v Saul
Glenn v Bosco

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

In the Onion Bag

Saul Paidraig is right.  Bright deservedly bt Bredagh last night.  Have to say their pitch and clubroom set up is an envy. esp to homeless Bradagh.
Gormley (E) that is did play but was marked out of the game and Bredagh did not seem to have a plan B.  Although I have to agree with Lecale (whatever number he is) about Gormley (J) being our most effective player we can have till no complaints, Bright were worthy winners.  Their place kicker would put many to shame, he was super to watch.

Anyway, lets get tonights Div 3 fixtures on this board quick!   I gagging to know how Drumgath will fare away to Ardglass without their county stars (Ardglass won this fixture at Barnmeen).  Also, St Pauls could pull off a shock v Saul as might Teconnaght at home to Tullylish and Glenn at home to Bosco is difficult to predict.  Wow, what an interesting Div 3 we have.

DownFanatic

Down ACFL Division 3

Dundrum 4-10  Mitchels 2-07

Square Ball

Quote from: DownFanatic on July 05, 2007, 09:26:15 PM
Down ACFL Division 3

Dundrum 4-10  Mitchels 2-07
No shock there then, you mob have to play the bottom 5 teams, is that right DF?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

TORGAEL

ACFL DIV3

ARDGLASS  0-6  DRUMGATH  2-4

Match abandoned by referee after 48 minutes. Referee stated he had warned the team captains that he was receiving too much verbal abuse and blew up the game with 12 minutes to go after one of the ardglass players said something to him. This was neither a dirty or tempestuous game [only 2 yellow cards had been brandished] & no player had been cautioned for any sort of verbal abuse.

southdown

Bryansford 0-07 1-11 Longstone

Bryansford had 2 men sent off in the last ten minutes in a poor enough game which the stone dominated.

DownFanatic

Square Ball, our remaining home games are against St Pauls, Glenn and Ardglass while we still have to travel to Teconnaught, Bright and Ardglass.

In the Onion Bag

DownFanatic,
Thats Dundrum in the playoffs anyway.  Did McComiskey play tonight?

DownFanatic

In the Onion Bag, you are getting a bit carried away there. No team is guaranteed a playoff spot at this stage of the season and it is ridiculous to even suggest this. You have to take it one game at a time. Things in Division 3 can change very quickly. Just look at Bright beating Bredagh last night. As for McComiskey, no he wasnt playing for us tonight as it was a starred game.
By the way Neil Cousins of An Riocht refereed our game tonight and I have to say he done an excellent job. Common sense can go a long way.

thewobbler

Harps drew 1.09 to 0.12 with Warrenpoint. We were disappointing, kicked around 8 wides in a row when 2 points up. Ref sent off one of their men for a second yellow with less than 10 to go, then proceeded to do what he could do bring them into the game. 2 frees for nothing saw them draw level. Very disappointed. Point scored 7 from frees, we got 2 kickable frees the whole night. Tell's its own story.

cloneman

Kilclief 1-9 Annaclone 1-9

Saval beat Ballymartin by 2

boscomo

bosco 0-13 glenn 0-11

a brusing encounter at glenn , bosco comfortable in 1st half but had a man sent off in second half , glenn piled on the presure , bosco defended well and kept noses in front, glenn had last kick of the ball penalty , which never was of course, brilliant save from bosco keeper, for 2 point win, thank god july break is here now , all teams can re-group.
if in doubt eat it

sabhallphadraig

ACL Div 3: St Pauls 2-5 Saul 3-7

Not a pretty game to watch for the purist but Saul got there in the end thanks mainly to 2 goals in the 2nd half worked at  speed from deep. St Pauls had us in bother by half-time when they led 2-2 to 1-1 with 2 goals in the space of 2 mins just before the whistle and they continued to cause us diffs in the backline right to end. Relieved to have come away with the points in this one tbh.

passedit

Tullylish Hammered Teconnaught, (3:10 to 0:07 i think).

From a St Pauls point of view 12 points is looking the likely threshold for a relegation playoff place. I've no idea where the extra six points are coming from. Last night was a shocker, if i'm ever in front of a firing squad i'll ask for it to be manned by St Pauls forwards.

SP was very impressed by your No 8, very tidy footballer.
Don't Panic