Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colonel Cool

ACHL Div 1
Ballycran v Shamrocks
If Ballycran win this Portaferry win Div 1 as Shamrocks are the only team who can stop them.
I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

johnneycool

Quote from: Colonel Cool on July 02, 2007, 10:37:55 PM
ACHL Div 1
Ballycran v Shamrocks
If Ballycran win this Portaferry win Div 1 as Shamrocks are the only team who can stop them.

Surely if Newry do Portaferry twice in their two remaining games it won't matter what tonights result could be as I don't think the shamrocks have dropped points elsewhere or have they?

IMO Newry are the better team but the better teams don't always win, just ask TIpp.

Whitehair

JC I know its your opinion but based on the teams we'v played against both Liatroim and Portaferry are streets ahead of Shamrocks. Shamrocks have about 6 players who carry the team whereas L & P have fifteen hurlers who are comfortable in possession. I'd be very surprised if they won the Int championship ahead of either Liatroim or Portaferry.
I think Liatroim beat Shamrocks by 7 points 2 weeks ago, dont take that as gospel though.

What sort of a team will you field tonight? Here's hoping we gather a team!

johnneycool

We're up and down at the minute but should be a bit stronger that what we have been of recent. A few boys away on holidays and a few injuries but our turn outs at training have drastically increased in the last few weeks so we're hoping to drive on from that.

I still think we'll get our house in order in time to lift the intermediate championship, so it's between Liatroim, Newry and ourselves and if Dingy can recover from his knee injury in time, he'll swing it our way. Scoring forwards are worth their weight in gold at this level. The Ports are decimated after their unsuccessful excursions in Ulster last year. The Crans I'm not so sure about as they fancied their chances last year but came up short, who knows!

P.S. I hear the Ports new signing lined out for them against St Galls on sunday, he obviously got an address in Portaferry even though he's living in Belfast still. I haven't seen any caravans about though.

aontroim abu

JC who has signed for portaferry

boscomo

guys just to let you know this is my 1st post and may i warn warn you i tend to go on a wee bit. just a few wee things on the 3rd division, having both played and coached in the 3rd div.it is clear to see the vast improvment in the standard of football in the division and this year paticulary some of the games and the results have ben exellent, in a league where any one can beat anyone and where no team have got a rel good run of form going i still think it is hard to say who will make the top 4, yes tullylish seem to be edging out in front and should be there but it is still so close to call and having read messages over the last hour i am amazed that the authors have failed to see the emergence of my own team up the table but in a way that suits us.
Next i would like to make 1 comment about the behaviour of a very very small minority of club supporters , i am still very dissapointed and angry when you have to listen to yobs encouraging their players to "BREAK THE FU+%ERS LEG" or "DO THE BAS!*RD", is there really a place in our game for this ? i dont think so , i urge all clubs to address this before an inncident occurs and lifes change.
so hope to get your input and replys on what i have said and as i said i have plenty to say.
regards
Mo
if in doubt eat it

johnneycool

Lecale2

Is McGarry eligible for IHC? He probably is.
The best team I've seen in Div 1 this year is Liatroim. They've come on a lot since last year. Ballygalget have been struggling to field and the game in Newry last week was played 14 aside. No doubt they'll have a full squad available for the championship. Ballyvarley and Kilclief are a bit of the pace but any one of the other 5 teams can win it this year. It looks very open to me.

Whitehair

Agreed lecale, liatroim have been the most impressive team that i think we'v faced to date, although we'v yet to play ballycran.
Kevin Mc Garry should be an excellent addition for Portaferry, although ive never seen him i remember( i think it was Woody) saying in the Irish News that he was one of, if not thee best player on Jordanstowns Div2 AI winning team. Condsidering that was a team full of Ulster County seniors high praise indeed. Will he line out for the county or remain with fermanagh?

DownFanatic

ACFL Division 3 Table

Played     Points
Tullylish           15            22
Bredagh          15            21
Saul                15            19
Bosco             15            18
--------------------------------------------
Dundrum         15            17
Drumgath        15            17
Teconnaught   15            16
Ardglass           15            15
------------------------------------------
Glenn              15            12
Mitchels           15            11
St Pauls           15             6
Bright              15             6

Next set of Fixtures:
Ardglass v Drumgath
Dundrum v Mitchels
Teconnaught v Tullylish
St. Pauls v Saul
Glenn v Bosco
Bright v Bredagh

Square Ball

Agree with a lot that Boscomop has said, they are coming up on the rail unnoticed, but there is still only seven points separating the top eight, proves how close and exciting this division is. they played us off the park down there and played some direct fast football.

wheres your money on for the top four places? who have your lot left to play?

I hate these so called supporters who constantly call for someone to be broken, their own club should take action against them, they bring the game into disrepute
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

passedit

QuotePosted by: DownFanatic
Insert Quote
ACFL Division 3 Table

Played     Points
Tullylish           15            22
Bredagh          15            21
Saul                15            19
Bosco             15            18
--------------------------------------------
Dundrum         15            17
Drumgath        15            17
Teconnaught   15            16
Ardglass           15            15
------------------------------------------
Glenn              15            12
Mitchels           15            11
St Pauls           15             6
Bright              15             6

Fanatic, is there any reason you split the div into segments of four? I was under the impression that playoffs were top three and bottom three?

Also, does the EDRL have a top four playoff and if so why?

I wouldn't get too worked up about clowns shouting outside the wire either, you'll find that if they ever did play, they were afraid of their own shadow when they did. I always took it as a compliment when I got abuse from opposition supporters.
Don't Panic

boscomo

in answear who i think will be in my top 4 i will give u three. 1. tullylish  2. bredagh 3. saul  dont wanna shite on my own door step and say us but drumgath are still floating about as are dundrum.
we have home games v mitchels, drumgath & tullylish
away games v mitchels , glenn, saul and bredagh i f we loose two we are in the bottome 4 THEN ITS A DIFFERNT BALL GAME.

so i think it will be a great run this year in div 3 and we still have the challange of the JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIP
regards
if in doubt eat it

Colonel Cool

ACHL Div 1
Ballycran 4-11 1-11 Newry
Newry were ahead by a couple of points at the end of a very wet first half but 3 second half goals won it for the crans. James Henry Hughes was MOM for Ballycran with Ciaran Courtney best for Shamrocks. Good, hard, league hurling, well refereed but that result will have little bearing on the championship match in 4 weeks time.
Any other results?
I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

In the Onion Bag

BoscoMo.  Something is confusing me about your results.  I reckon Bosco have dropped 14 pts as below

R3 L   Dundrum 2.13 Bosco 0.10
R5 L   Teconnaught 1.9 Bosco 2.4
R6 L   Bosco 1.5 Glenn 0.9
R7 L   Bosco 0.7 Saul 1.8
R9 D   Tullylish 0.15 Bosco 0.15
R11 D   Drumgath 1.10 Bosco 1.10
R12 L   Ardglass 3.11 Bosco 3.9
R15 L   Bright 2.13 Bosco 1.8

but all the tables show them only dropped 12.  What result have I got wrong please?