Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EagleLord

I would really want to see that. Can anyone tell me what time its on at? I wish i still had the sky, but il just have to make do with a stream from somewhere.

lfdown2

It's brisbane time 1-45 so that's 4-45 back home lad, unfortunately we're training!

SHEEDY

clonduff beat b'ford by 1-8 to 0-10. kilcoo beat m'bridge by the same margin 1-13 to 2-9.
nil satis nisi optimum

dundrumite

Dundrum 0-16 Dromara 0-8.

A classic it certainly wasn't with Dundrum pulling away in the last 15 haven't been trailing by a point during the second half

Mid Down Gael

Very tight encounter in Kilcoo where it took a well executed Paul Devlin free to swing a deserving win for us in the last minute.
The bridge had a more experienced side lined out and put up a great fight. Their panel is severely stretched with many of thier younger players based in foreign shores.
Referee Brendan Rice was the main talking point throughout though, some baffling calls made. The centre of attention has to be this mans aim in every game.

amallon

Happy enough with the Bridge performance considering the five boys in San Fran.  We were really holding onto the game at the end and could have sneaked a draw but Kilcoo were the better team.  The first penalty was stonewall, the second was a bit more doubtful.  Awarded for an off the ball tackle on Benny.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

southdown

How did Benny do last night, was he on for the whole game?

Line Ball

Just hearing that Decky Moore died this morning.  Very sorry to hear that.  RIP

forevergreen

Declan Moore R.I.P, sad to hear another Gael gone before his time

SHEEDY

championship result; l'stone 1-12 b'holland 1-10

draw for 2nd rd;

longstone v burren
clonduff v b'ford
kilcoo v c'wellan
m'bridge v saval

back door draw;

rostrevor v kilclief
b'holland v leitrim
l'island v downpatrick
shamrocks v an riocht

ties played over wkend of 10-12th aug
nil satis nisi optimum

here comes 6

Quote from: forevergreen on June 30, 2012, 06:51:53 PM

Declan Moore R.I.P, sad to hear another Gael gone before his time
A gentleman on and off the field and something that cant be said about all referees is that Everyone had a smile on their face when they seen him coming to ref a game as he didnt look down on anyone or any club.

R.I.P Decky

Minus15

thewobbler

I'm not as good at these things as I used to be, but doesn't the fact that we're in an Ulster final mean we're also in the final 12, and getting a day out at Croke after the final?

Staying in your provincial championship is definitely a much easier path to get there. It's been so long I'm actually confused.

here comes 6

Wobbler we will be back in Croke because we are going to beat Donegal. Did you hear Martin Mchugh (not that he hasnt a clue)to-night?  "Whos going to stop Donegal?"   See you in 3 weeks Martin

western exile

Quote from: thewobbler on July 01, 2012, 10:30:23 PM
I'm not as good at these things as I used to be, but doesn't the fact that we're in an Ulster final mean we're also in the final 12, and getting a day out at Croke after the final?

Staying in your provincial championship is definitely a much easier path to get there. It's been so long I'm actually confused.
It is correct to say that Down are in the last 12 now.  There is a big difference in making it to a provincial final as the losing finalists skip a qualifier round and go into Round 4, whereas losing semi-finalists go into Round 2.
However, there is no guarantee that a Round 4 game will be played at Croke Park, but a quarter final almost certainly will be.